Part 3 ( Chapter 2 )
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arriving outside we were greeted with an unfamiliar view.
Huge grey walls had risen from the ground and had turned the whole campus into a giant maze. A maze lit by the sunlight, a trial to test the newcomer's decisions.
As we ran, we stumbled across two girls that gave people what looked like wooden swords. We looked at them suspiciously as they approached us.
One of them had long straight black hair and was wearing glasses and the other one had a blonde bob cut and a heart-shaped pink sticker on her left cheek. They both wear the same green tight shirt and miniskirt, making them look like cheerleaders.

"Hello there, and good morning. We, the members of the support club have been assigned the task of helping all new students by handing them basic weapons. Please get your weapon of preference from this box."
As they finished talking, me and Tada walked towards the box beside them and grabbed a weapon.
{Well good thing I have this since I forgot to ask Hideyoshi about giving me that sword again} I though as I let a soft sigh.

Mine was a wooden sword like a Shinai that was used for Kendo training and was made of light wood. As for Tada, he got two wooden daggers that were also made by the same material.
The girls then looked at us with a strange expression, like they found our decisions weird.
"Excuse me... is this really your choice?"
"Do you truly want those!?"
We were perplexed. What was their deal? Did we make the wrong choice or something?

"Yes those are the weapons we need is there a problem with that?"
"But-"
The one with the heart sticker was about to reply but Tada marched forward without paying attention as I followed him.
"Tada Wait!" I shouted running faster towards him.
"Why did you do that Tada? Maybe we did something wrong-"
"Shut up Rant, I don't want to hear anything from you! Those fools are not worthy to question my actions "
I looked at Tada with an uncertain look.
"And if you're wrong? Then what?" I asked.
"If I'm wrong Rant, then I'll turn my wrong decision into a right one! Simple as that"
After finishing his speech, we were about to start following the map again when some hidden doors opened from the maze's walls and speakers rose from the inside.

"Beep Beep Boop... Attention all new students of Tsurugi Academy. This is Tsurugi Takagi, The headmaster talking. First of all, I must welcome you all to the academy before I proceed with the rules of this game. So welcome! Feel free to explore the campus, Join a club, after you pass the entrance exam that is. Mhm... Proceeding with the rules, they are the following: 

1. Each team must be consisted of 3 first-year students. These will be your partners for the rest of your school life here at the academy.

2. The process of gaining a partner is the following: The first person each of you will come in skin contact with after this explanation is over will be your partner and therefore team member.

3. There are various coins scattered around the maze. Your mission as a team is to find them and get to the school building with at least three coins total.

4. Attacking others to collect their total is also acceptable. You are supposed to be swordsmen, so fight to get to your goal.

5. Also, there is an additional rule. Each team will require a fourth member, an informant. Usually, informants are given to each team after the exam but I thought it would be really fun to have them ride along don't you think?

Well, that's going to be all ladies and gentlemen! I wish you all the best of luck, and remember : 
If you believe you can't then it's my Tsurugi Takagi's place as the headmaster to believe you can!"

And just as the speakers vanished, everyone started searching.
Some time passed and we didn't make any progress.
It was too difficult to navigate since everything looked the same.
Just like us more people stood clueless, not being able to find their way.

There was a variety of students wandering on the streets. Some tall, some short, some were carrying big swords while others didn't seem to think that was necessary. Some even looked weird with strange facial features, like an additional eye, painted on their forehead or extremely over the top clothing.
"That Hideyoshi... He doesn't have any drawing skills! This map is too difficult to read"
"Let me take a look" I said as I took the map and stopped for a minute.
Tada seemed annoyed by my behavior but didn't do anything to stop me.

"Okay I think we should turn left in the next crossroad and then continue straight"
Tada sighed." Rant are you sure about this? We have been running in circles all this time"
"Please just trust me. Just this once" I said looking at him.
Tada clenched his fist and looked back.
"Okay but you better be right" He said as we started running again.

"Don't worry! I'm sure we'll find our way-Guh!!"
I was about to turn towards my left when I bumped into someone and fell to the ground.
"What the hell are you doing you oblivious shrimp? Apologize right now"
Said Tada as he helped me get up.
"Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry for bumping on you miss, I really need to watch where I'm going"

On the ground in front of me was a girl who looked about my age. She had middle-short black spiky hair pinned with a hair clip and cat-like green eyes. Her clothes were really elegant: A blue dress that reached to her knees. From the way she was dressed, she looked like a noble.
What piqued my interest was a blue round orb that she seemed to have attached at the back of  her left hand. That's something you don't see every day. 
As I stretched my arm towards her she shyly and quietly held it as she stood back up again.
"T-T-Thank Y-You" she said as she bowed towards us.
"Are you lost miss? You should not be searching all by yourself"
"Yes with all that panic that's going on... God damn it!!" 


It was at that moment when I remembered the rules.

2. The process of gaining a partner is the following: The first person each of you will come in skin contact with after this explanation is over will be your partner and therefore team member.

Thanks to that we ended up with one more member by accident. 

0