PART 5 ( Chapter 2 )
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The crowd was speechless.
"WOOHOO!! Way to go Rant! " Shouted Tada cheering for me, as he and Tifa jumped for a high five.
"I...won?" It was really difficult for me to process the outcome of the battle.
Had I actually won? Even though my reflexes worked for me, it shouldn't be that simple.

"That does it!! I will not accept defeat by a nobody like you!" Akira was really angry after processing his defeat.
"No one JUST beats Akira Toragami! Especially not a weak-looking octopus head!" He said as he rushed towards me.

"Ran watch out!" Shouted Tifa as the angry swordsman vanished in front of me and appeared again ready to attack me from behind.
{When did he!?} 
I was stunned, my eyes couldn't keep up.
If a thing such as super-speed was in his possession why didn't he use it until now?

"Damn it!!"
I turned around and tried to counter...but I was late...too late.
"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Suddenly a man appeared between us and grabbed our swords with his hands.
His action was incredibly quick. In the blink of an eye, he appeared out of thin air.

As for his posture, he seemed carefree and easygoing.
Interfering with our little match seemed like a waste of time, he was even yawning.
It caught me off guard but his appearance looked rather familiar.
He was a bald man wearing a black suit and sunglasses.

"Seriously Akira my boy. Using your teleportation after the match is over is a little bit dumb don't you think?
Are you really going to resort in using such crude tactics?"
But of course, it was none other than Borugh Shouji, the bodyguard looking baldy who was now smiling at my opponent.

"Teleportation!?" I asked to my surprise.
"Yeah, it's my nature! Like an attribute you could say" Said Akira finally calming down.
Mr.Shouji then laughed.
"Akira you should learn when to give up. And you should also apologize to little Ran here don't you think? He beat you in a fair battle, you just underestimated him" Akira seemed annoyed but he bowed and apologized without complaining.

"As for you Sugiyama Ran, I believe you earned these" Said the bald man as he handed me ten coins.
He then suddenly reached for me and pet my head.
"Look at you though, you certainly seem more confident since the last time I saw you."

I let a sigh of relief while laughing awkwardly and was thankful that Mr. Shouji appeared.
There was no way for me to beat Akira with him using an ability like this.
"I won't accept it...Not a loss like this! So listen here Ran Sugiyama, I will beat you! Remember that." Said the blue-haired swordsman as he left with the crowd crying as they followed him.

"Well...That was rough..." I said looking at Tada.
"Of course you had the GOD with the name Tada Matsuri cheering for you! You were bound to win. As for what we should do now, we might need some help with that..." He replied as Mr. Shouji looked at our team and thought for a moment.

" I think I can help you! There is a contest some students decided to do further down the road. Shouldn't you be gathering more coins?" He said pointing forward.
It was true we could hear shouting coming from further ahead. As for the coins, no one was really sure why we needed to keep collecting them.
One thing was sure though: We needed to find as much as we could.

0