PART 2 ( Chapter 3 )
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On our way towards the academy, we took a detour to see the city.
The wet road observing the various trashcan-shaped robots that were cleaning around.
"As expected of Minami City. It really is highly advanced" I couldn't help but admire the futuristic view.
It was not my first time seeing robots since my family used to own one back in my hometown.
The city was built in the shape of a circle with Tsurugi Academy in the middle.
While walking I could observe the various skyscrapers as well as the shops that were fairly busy during these hours with many people ordering and buying things.

"Food..." Me and Mina stopped in awe, looking at a cake shop and drooling with it's delicious but rather expensive cakes.
"Three thousand comma for one slice? I guess it's meant for someone that's really craving for one" Tada who was looking at us with an expression that showed how not surprised he was with our behavior check the price tag as he found it rather strange.
But I was that guy, the one who would spend so much for a slice of a little fancier cake, and I think Mina would agree with me.
No one other than us two was as excited though.
With the exception of Chiaki who was looking at the cake and taking notes.
{What kind of notes can someone take just from looking at the texture of a cake is beyond me}
As the rest of the group started complaining were decided it was about time for us to get going.
Everyone wanted to explore the rest of the city too.
And it would be pretty bad if we were late today as well.

However, as we were about to leave a person wearing a green hat and a hoodie bumped onto me and pushed me down, and right after he stood up and ran off.
{Ouch! What the hell was that all about? Unlike last time there was nothing there to be stolen in the first place} I was wrong to feel relaxed as the next thing I felt was a strike to my head.
"GAH!" I screamed. Holding my head with both hands, I silently gazed towards my attacker.
"I caught you this time you thief! Now give me back the money" In front of me there was a girl who looked slightly older than me.
She was striking a pose who seemed more dumb than cool with her green jacket and her short blue skirt looking firm as she pointed towards me.
"What are you talking about? I didn't steal anything" Replying to her accusation, I could not help but notice the name tag on the right side of her jacket as well a the price tag right below it.
"Of course you did, don't play dumb on me now!" She said, her shoulder-length fiery red her slightly flicked upwards every time she swang her arm back and forth.

"Hey there now, I'm sure Ran is innocent. He's not the type of person to steal something except if it's my order"
{Thank you Tada but that doesn't please me at all...}
"It's as Master Tada said, Ran didn't do it. I'm sure you just forgot your money somewhere and decided to accuse him to get more. I know people like you. That's mafia stuff" Swinging her head with confidence Mary gave her a smug look.
"If it's as that hag is saying then empty your pockets then we'll see who's wrong here" Gazing at the girl with the golden tails as if to piss her off my accuser gave a simple solution to the whole fiasco.
"Who are you calling a hag you bi-"
"What are you saying? There's no way anything is in his pockets...!?" Tada who was holding his enraged slave froze upon looking at me taking a wallet out of my pocket.
"Rant it was nice knowing you "
"I never knew Sir Ran was a criminal" Those two changed their minds rather quickly.
What great friends I have.

The wallet was what puzzled me though.
I never had a wallet, heck! I didn't bring anything at all with me to Minmi City except for my clothes.
"But that's not mine, I never took your wallet" I complained, trying to make listen to me.
But it was futile. She was just living in her own world, not hearing anyone else.
"Okay then, now that the wallet is found can you let Ran go, please? I still believe he wasn't the one who stole it"
"Yeah! Ran, good person!"
Those wonderful words were coming from Tifa and Mina who were trying to protect me.
Mina wasn't helping much though: Sitting on my shoulders and growling at the girl in front of me.
"Amai dear here you are" The misunderstanding was cleared when a chubby-looking mister called the girl's name.
He was dressed as a bartender as he hurried towards us until he was out of breath.
"Don't run off like that... you left me behind"
"I'm sorry for the wait boss, I needed to catch that thief and get back your wallet" The redhead saluted upon her's boss's arrival.
"Let's see here. Hmm..." Looking at me the boss twisted his grey handlebar-stylized mustache with one hand as he brushed his short grey hair with the other.

"Who's this kid? That's not the one who stole my wallet, the culprit was wearing a hat which he lacks, isn't that right?"
{Come on! This time someone tried to frame me? It seems I need to be more cautious with people who fall on me from now on} Upon hearing the boss-man's reply I immediately realized what had happened. 
"WHAT!? But boss look here! He even had the wallet in his pocket"
Said the surprised employee giving the wallet back to her boss.
He gave a warm smile in response and helped me get up.
"I'm really sorry for the misunderstanding my son, are you alright? That muscle brain of a girl who calls herself my worker must have been too harsh on you."
As I stood up he bowed.
{Good people exist as well} I thought as the boss then turned towards the one he called Amai.
"Amai my dear please apologize as well, It was you who assaulted the young man after all"
"Yes, boss!" Said the employee who was clearly embarrassed.
"I Amai Satsuki apologize for the misunderstanding" Bowing down and with a red face, Satsuki apologized clearing everything up and therefore confirming my innocence.

"Please accept this coupon for a free meal at our cafe, it's the least I could do" Taking the coupon I looked at them, who bowed once again before leaving.
"It's great isn't it sir Ran? You didn't go to prison and got a coupon for free food and drinks." Hideyoshi patted me on the back and everyone let a sigh of relief.
"Of course you were innocent like Master Tada told you."
"I never doubted you for a second, my servant"
The only two who were clearly doubting me were acting like I didn't notice.
{Who are you calling your servant exactly?} Was what I thought as I noticed Chiaki canceling that police call she did behind my back.
"Shouldn't we get going guys? We're going to be late at this point"
"How much time we have left?"
"Ten minutes"
Our gazes fell on Tifa with the anxiety clearly visible.
"TEN MINUTES!? " We both screamed as we started running with all our might towards the academy.
So much that Mina almost fell from my back.
That detour was a mistake after all.
"Curse our luuuuuuck!!."

0