[Vol.1.GodsOfAnotherWorld]EXTRA.3.Freya’s Maids
1.9k 7 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While the elves settled in the camp, by order of Jaal, three young elves walked behind Sernil through the numerous tents of the human army.

With great nervousness, Lucel clung to the hand of her older sister.

As for Olivel, she made her greatest effort to show calm, the least she wanted was to increase Lucel's nervousness.

Walking among human soldiers was a new experience for both sisters, however, the fact that among these soldiers there were a large number of women, considerably eased their uncertainty.

With regard to the third member of this group, Adriel, she was after Erabel the most beautiful woman elf in the village. However, there was not one elf who had ever tried to court her.

In spite of its great beauty, Adriel's face was totally inexpressive. Her gaze was cold and slightly empty, and she was not particularly sociable, she only interacting with Erabel and the pair of sisters.

Unlike the two sisters, Adriel seemed totally indifferent to the environment around her.

"Freya-sama is waiting for us, show respect and don't talk if she doesn't ask for it" -after stopping in front of a huge tent, Sernil exclaimed those words.

Olivel nodded nervously, while Adriel did so keeping her expressionless face.

After a deep breath to impose a little calm, Olivel followed Sernil into that tent.

"Freya-sama, Jaal sends these three to fulfill his promise" -Sernil bowed as a servant would before a king.

As strange as Sernil's behavior was, whom they had known all their lives, Olivel and Lucel were unable to pay too much attention to she, their glances were attract to the person to whom Sernil addressed those words.

Sitting on a beautiful chair next to a luxurious bed, was a girl with silver hair and eyes. Her fascinating and unrealistic appearance, which provoked the thought of standing in front of the fairy queen, caused the pair of sisters to hold their breath.

Even the expressionless eyes of Adriel blinked in response to what they saw.

That beautiful girl showed a faint smile and stood up and then approached the group of elves. This simple act confirmed to Olivel and Adriel that this being was real.

"So the old elf remembered his promise."

As Freya looked in detail at the three women elves, Olivel and Adriel's bodies shook slightly.

Olivel, Adriel and Lucel, none of the three were very clear as to why Jaal had sent them before this being.

"Are you the queen of fairies?" -To the surprise of Olivel and Adriel, Lucel broke the silence.

The smile on Freya's face became more pronounced.

"So in this world there are fairies too, I'll have to ask Nii-sama to find them for me. What's your name?"

"Lucel" -Lucel's fascination with Freya had made her completely forget her nervousness. She had always wanted to meet the fairies and their queen, who is said to be the most beautiful creature under the skies.

"It's a nice name, and you're pretty, you'll become a great maid."

Lucel was somewhat confused by Freya's words.

"E-excuse me, Fr-Freya-sama, what do you...?" -Olivel had armed herself with courage to try to find out what was going on, but the vision of a magic circle under Lucel's feet took her completely by surprise.

Before Olivel or Lucel herself could react, the magic circle was activated.

"Lucel!"

Lucel's little body shuddered as her eyes closed.

"Lucel?" -to Olivel's bewilderment, that event ended as quickly as it began. Lucel opened her eyes and, except that her gaze was totally fixed on Freya, she showed no discomfort whatsoever.

"Freya-sama" -Lucel was stunned, yet she gave the impression that her eyes were glimpsing a higher entity.

As Olivel vainly tried to get Lucel out of that strange state, a new magic circle was drawn under Adriel's feet.

Although her expression did not show it, Adriel was completely dismayed by what happened to Lucel, so she was unable to react.

As the magic circle activated, Adriel fell to her knees while a singular pain forced her to press her head between her hands.

"Adriel!" -Olivel was unable to understand what was happening, it was the first time he saw Adriel showing pain.

Adriel cried out in pain and looked up. Above the pupils of her eyes flashed a pair of strange symbols.

"There's a spell on you? no matter, there's no way the insignificant magic of this world can oppose the magic of a goddess" -Freya poured a little more power into the magic circle.

Adriel's cry of pain intensified, in a matter of seconds those symbols in her eyes emitted a powerful crunch and then broke.

"Impossible! the curse..." -Olivel's breath became irregular, she had just witnessed something that went against the laws of nature.

In this world, some fortunate individuals were born carrying a 'gift', but there were also those unfortunate ones who were born carrying a 'curse'.

These natural gifts cannot be transmitted or learned, nor can natural curses be eliminated or lightened. For the elves this was a natural law, for humans this was the will of the gods, and therefore nothing in this world could change it.

Among the elves there were a few who carried a natural gift, and Adriel was the only one among them who carried a natural curse.

Natural gifts ranged from unhelpful things like having six toes, to such absurd curses as being unable to taste the flavor of food.

As for Adriel, her curse was particularly vile, for it prevented her from showing emotions.

After the break of her curse, Adriel was particularly weak, she had to put her hands on the ground to avoid falling.

As the sweat fell from her forehead, Adriel's face showed for the first time an emotion, surprise.

"I didn't even have to try hard a little, the magic of this world is too weak."

Hearing that voice, Adriel's heart trembled. An indescribable heat filled her completely and tears began to flow from her eyes for the first time in her life.

"Freya-sama..." -Adriel looked up and fixed her eyes on Freya. An indescribable feeling forced a strong weeping that arose from the deepest part of her being.

"You three will be our first personal maids."

Olivel did not pay attention to Freya's words, her mind was still trying to process the destruction of Adriel's curse.

another short chapter, there's one more to finish the volume 1 and finally start volume 2

33