[Vol.1.GodsOfAnotherWorld]EXTRA.4.The Decline of the Urdricht House
1.4k 7 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a fearsome war for the throne against his big brother Selmatir, King Ezar focused entirely on rebuilding the kingdom of Urd.

Under the guidance of King Ezar, the Kingdom of Urd experienced a splendour not seen since the time of its foundation.

The peasants received subsidies to work the fields, the scattered villages were connected by roads and internal trade experienced an unprecedented rise.

Friction with the kingdom of Lorenz was considerably reduced and the relationship between the two kingdoms cooled significantly, which led to trade between the two kingdoms.

The relationship with the kingdom of Ventura improved to the point where border tariffs between were completely eliminated.

After centuries of shortages, the demand for iron and coal was finally satisfied.

The famous mead of Urd, filled the cups of kings from faraway lands.

Everything seemed to indicate that the Kingdom of Urd was on its way to being finally consolidated.

Because of his achievements and his methods of achieving his goals, King Ezar was called 'Ezar the Sage' or 'Ezar the Sage King'.

However, King Ezar's achievements vanished in just a few years after his death.

If there was one thing King Ezar utterly failed to do, it was to properly prepare his heir.

Having grown up in the military camps between iron, blood and death during his father's campaign for the throne, Casmer Urdritch developed a deep taste for the warrior's path and war.

King Ezar occupied all of his time in the task of rebuilding the kingdom, so he did not pay much attention to his son, who spent more time practicing with the sword than learning about the management of the kingdom.

It wasn't as if King Ezar wasn't aware of his son's troubled personality, he simply trusted that, when the time came, his two apprentices could help his son to manage the kingdom properly.

Unfortunately, King Ezar did not count on one of his two apprentices shared the same vision as Casmer.

For Keldran Meden, the wealth accumulated had no value if it was not used to expand the territory of the kingdom.

After the death of King Ezar, Gendral Dural was unable to oppose King Casmer and Keldran Meden.

As soon as he assumed the throne at the age of twenty, King Casmer's first act was to declare war on the kingdom of Lorenz.

With the cunning of Keldran Meden and the fierceness of King Casmer, the Urd's army achieved several victories, however, none of these victories were particularly significant. King Casmer was completely unable to capture any of the three walled cities of Lorenz.

Forced by the growing aggressiveness among the orc clans in the golden plains, Urd's army was forced to return empty-handed.

But, only any months later, King Casmer moved his eyes to the south and declared war on the kingdom of Ventura. The new war further squeeze the worn coffers of the kingdom.

As in Lorenz, King Casmer rose to victory in multiple battles, however, he was equally unable to capture any of the great cities of Ventura.

Refusing to retreat empty-handed again, King Casmer held a military campaign for five long and draining years.

Worn out, poorly fed and extremely diminished, Urd's army was finally defeated and Casmer himself was seriously wounded.

Unable to continue travelling to Urda City because of his injuries, Casmer was forced to spend the winter in a small village south of Elm city. It was in this place that he fell madly in love with the young peasant woman who took care of his wounds on a daily basis.

Despite the absolute objection of the nobility, Casmer took that simple peasant woman as his wife.

Even if this event was totally denigrating to the nobility, no one could complain about the result.

After marrying, Casmer abandoned the path of war and peace finally returned to the kingdom.

Strangely enough, this queen was unable to give the Casmer king a single child, and after what Casmer himself described as the happiest five years of his life, the tragedy come.

King Casrmer became ill and in a matter of weeks died without leaving an heir to the blood of Urdricht Bleeding Hands.

This not only represented the end of a royal house, but also the end of a legacy, the extinction of the blood of one of the seven great heroes.

Despite the existence of a widowed queen, the nobles refused to recognize her as such, and this led to the current chaos in the kingdom of Urd.

As the feudal lords of Urd began their war for the throne, the neighboring kingdoms watched closely, perhaps waiting for a good opportunity.

However, something that perhaps nobody could have anticipated, began to develop in the shadows of the infamous dark forest.

 

Finally, here officially ends volume 1. Will be slow, but for now I will continue writing volume 2 from my smartphone, thank you for continuing to read my story, and sorry for the delays and the errors xP

34