Arc 1.6 At the Top of the World
6k 3 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Heading to Tian Corporation, Tian Xi quickly typed up two business proposals detailing the development of the most recent security system software of her world and her own invention, the holographic lens device.

Although it was called a lens, the device was actually a simple earpiece paired with a set of specially developed contact lenses that could project a number of interactive holographic windows and make and receive calls and texts. Normally, it would take more than just money to bring such a cheat-like product into existence, but as the creator Tian Xi only needed the money and materials to make one.

When they arrived at the building, Tian Xi was warmly welcomed by the employees. The company seemed to not mind how useless the original was, probably because with or without her they knew nothing too bad would happen. 

Secretary Bai, the head secretary, was waiting for her at the front desk.

"Yo, what's up, Secretary Bai? I was gonna head up. Wanna tag along as we talk?" Tian Xi waved, handing him her notebook with her proposals pulled up.

"Young miss, these are...?" Secretary Bai naturally received them and swiped through the pages, skimming them as his eyes brightened considerably.

"Hehe, met an expert online and he gave me these as a meeting gift," Tian Xi rubbed her nose as she lied with a straight face, "How fast do you think we can make use of the software?"

Secretary Bai had a fire ignited in his eyes as he enthusiastically answered, "The software should be able to rank in the top 3 most secure within two months if it is as great as the proposal makes it out to be. However, this hardware..." He was also worried about the credibility of the online expert.

Tian Xi lazily smiled as she consoled him, "Secretary Bai, don't worry about the expert. I have something he needs. As for the hardware, if you could get me the materials I could complete it within six months. I can send you the capital later."

When they reached the CEO's office, her father was already waiting with a happy smile. When Tian Xi told the folks of her plans to be more involved in the business, he was beaming. The original only occasionally stepped into the corporation building and most of the time it was only to bug some money off of her old man.

After entering the office, Secretary Bai passed the notebook to CEO Tian, then stood respectfully to the side.

CEO Tian's reaction was similar to Secretary Bai's and the conversation also resembled the one Tian Xi had in the elevator just minutes ago.

While the family had no real ambition to improve, who wouldn't get excited at a gigantic meat pie falling into their hands from the sky?

"On the topic of this security system, Xi-er, do you think that it could withstand the hackers from this morning?"

The atmosphere in the room tensed abruptly.

Earlier this morning, four top companies were hacked one after the other, sending the business world into a storm. Not to mention the Nan group, even Ou and their Tian Corporation were implicated! The scariest one, however, had to be that the hacker had the ability to break into THE Gu Corporation--the apex of the business world.

In order to keep the Tian Corporation from falling into Gu Yuan's radar of suspicion, Tian Xi ended up also "hacking" into Tian Corporation. Of course, she didn't really steal anything, but since Tian Corp was a technology company whose current security software was already widely used worldwide, it hit them hardest where it hurt the most.

"Don't worry, dad," Tian Xi gave him her brightest smile, "Even Gu Corp's top expert would have a hard time cracking it."

Her words were proved correct two weeks later when the software was released and implemented into their products. While the earlier hacking incident had taken a huge hit on the company's reputation, Tian Xi's security system proved to be infallible in tests and therefore cleansed the company's ruined image.

The testing stage was made public, and they invited many hidden and known experts to have a go.

As a result, the security software was widely sought and immediately replaced many of the older software. It was also bought in bulk by the other technology companies to implement into their own hardware products, leading it to top the list of the most secure security system software after only 2 months of release. Its position was probably not going to be replaced for at least the next decade or so as long as Tian Corporation updated its properties efficiently.

Tian Corporation was able to form many profitable contracts with not only technology companies, but also retail, automobile, and even real-estate. Basically, the flexibility of the security software was something that all industries worldwide wanted for their own--whether to apply to their own products or to keep their assets secure.

Nevertheless, by the sixth month after the release, Tian Corp topped the other first-rank corporations and became second only to Gu Corporation.

Just when everyone thought Tian Corporation's momentum would finally die down, news of the collaboration between Gu and Tian Corporation swept the business world off their feet!

.

.

.

Gu Yuan raised his brow at the terms Tian Xi proposed in the contract in his hands.

They were both currently seated in a private room in a luxurious restaurant, The Golden Phoenix. Tian Xi's back rested on the back of the black booth seat with her slender legs crossed as she carelessly smiled while spinning the glass of red wine in her hand. Gu Yuan sat across from her in a similar manner.

The contract in Gu Yuan's hand proposed an equal collaboration between his Gu Corporation and her Tian Corporation. Six months ago, Tian Corp didn't even have the qualification to mention a collaboration with him, much less an equal one. Now, however...

He glanced at the device on the table before them. It was the revolutionary lens that Tian Xi scrapped together over the past few months.

Tian Xi had offhandedly thrown it on the table after she handed him the contract in a show of power: This little thing? To me and you, it's just a piece of scrap metal. But to this underdeveloped world... he he.

She wasn't sure of the extent of Gu Yuan's skills with him being a veteran host from 1000 years ago, but this was free labor on her part for him, so why not take it? It's not as if he would lose anything. In fact, he'd be making a huge gain with zero effort.

All I'm asking for is a piece of the cake. Preferably half.

"Is CEO Tian aware of this?" He asked with his baritone voice that could enchant even men.

Tian Xi blinked innocently, "Of course."

She then played with her fingernails, not elaborating. 

Her doting father gave her full responsibility over the matter with Gu Corporation. He told her that even if the collaboration didn't go through, it wouldn't matter.

Of course, if Papa Tian was aware of their tryst during the gathering, he would not have allowed her to even look at Gu Yuan's face through a computer screen, much less sit together with him alone in a private room.

"In exchange for the full rights over the security software as well as the lens, you want the profits skewed towards your Tian Corporation until our annual revenues even out. When they do, split the profit fifty-fifty. I heard CEO Tian was quite fond of you..." Gu Yuan gave an evil grin and chuckled as he continued, "Is he really aware that you are handing yourself over on a golden platter to me?"

As expected of a veteran in transmigration. He was perceptive enough to know that Tian Xi was inadvertently hinting to merge their respective corporations in the future. She applauded him in her heart and wondered how many worlds he'd been through.

Tian Xi replied with a small smile, "Whether or not he's aware...would it matter in the end?" Would Gu Yuan accept or decline her offer? If he declined, it really wouldn't matter at all. If he accepted, it'd be too late for CEO Tian to do anything after they sign the contract today.

Letting out a low laugh, Gu Yuan glanced at Tian Xi's abdomen briefly before bringing his gaze back to her unfathomable pair of dark eyes, "Who is your developer?"

[Host, he is suspicious of you.] 001 warned.

'Silly 001, of course I know that,' Tian Xi inwardly rolled her pretty eyes before answering ambiguously, "We both have many experts in the field working for us. Wouldn't you agree? If you want, once you agree to my terms, I would gladly introduce you to the one responsible."

This way, he would be unclear as to whether or not she was just a puppet for another host. The existence of the lens was proof that he was not the only host in this world, but as to whether Tian Xi was that other host is a whole other matter.

She already muddied the waters with her lack of pregnancy, the hacking incident, and now the lens. Tian Xi couldn't help but to inwardly stand up and give herself a big round of applause.

"No need. I accept your terms. Pleasure working with you...Xi-er," He flashed her a seductive smile. Tian Xi gave a light snort in response, resting her glass on the table and crossing her arms over her chest.

Following that, Gu Yuan placed the stack of papers down onto the table and took out a pen to sign the contract.

His signature was full of elegance, yet powerful. In contrast, Tian Xi's was free, yet refined.

"Now that our business here is done, Mr. Gu. I have other business to attend to," Tian Xi got up to leave when a system notification sounded in her mind.

[Side Task 2: Tongue-kiss Gu Yuan. Time Limit: 10 seconds. Reward: 200 points]

'...' WTF. These side tasks are perverted as hell. I'm filing a complaint about sexual harassment!

[Host, I promise you that it is not me who is issuing these tasks!] 001 pleaded. He was also 99% sure that the one being sexually harassed this time was not going to be his host, but rather...

He lit a candle for Gu Yuan in his heart.

'Then who the hell is perverted enough to want a host to have sex with someone, and now to indulge in a deep kiss with that same person a few months later!! What if I actually had morals and ended up blushing for no reason?!'

How would she explain turning red for no reason to Gu Yuan in that case, huh?!

The momentary lapse in narration took no time at all in reality, as before she knew it, Tian Xi had already walked to Gu Yuan's side, bent forward, and placed her small hands on his broad shoulders.

She slowly lowered her lips towards his, then eyed him suggestively before engulfing his lips in hers as she slipped her satiny tongue into his mouth, entangling with his.

Gu Yuan grabbed her supple waist with his large hands and pulled her closer to him, deepening the kiss.

They both closed their eyes in pleasure and indulged in the kiss for a few more seconds before parting with satisfied sighs.

Just as Gu Yuan was about to push her down onto the booth to take things further, Tian Xi pried his hands off of her waist and smiled helplessly at his very-noticeable erection, "I look forward to our collaboration."

Then, she took the contract, leaving him the blueprints and rights to the software, the lens, and the towering tent between his legs. 

 She didn't forget to give him her staple provocative wink before strutting out and shutting the door behind her.

As a result, Gu Yuan was fuming in anger at having been led on yet unable to release. So, he called his beautiful secretary over to vent his frustration.

[Host, Gu Yuan is cheating on you.] 001 was upset. Where was the promised loyal dog love interest like in all of those other system novels?

"Who cares. Similar to how he treats me as a temporary toy, he means nothing more than a point bank to me." Tian Xi shrugged, chuckling disdainfully. This type of man wasn't worth her time.

She had more pressing matters to dedicate her time towards. 

For example, this world's male and female leads who were currently entangled in their own pleasure a couple of doors from the room she just left, and Ou WenYan who had yet to give up the heir position despite not having her Tian family's support.

Not sure how Ou WenYan got wind about her meeting with Gu Yuan at The Golden Phoenix, but it was a fact that he was already waiting for her downstairs at the main entrance.

.

.

.

A/N: Actually, I don't know jack-squat about business or technology haha;; So, if this seemed summarized or rushed, uh. Forgive me. *bows apologetically*

43