Arc 1.7 At the Top of the World
5.7k 2 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Miss Tian!"

Just as Tian Xi predicted, Ou WenYan stopped her at the entrance of The Golden Phoenix. He pulled her to a table for a talk.

A few minutes later, she spotted Gu yuan's beautiful secretary walking in and smiled disdainfully.

Ou Wenyan had misunderstood her smile to have been directed at himself but continued rambling nonsensical pleasantries.

"I heard about your collaboration with Gu Corporation," He finally finished the useless chatter and started getting to a more serious topic.

Tian Xi's response was leaning back into her chair as she said expressionlessly, "Ah, who hasn't? We've caused quite the sensation, en?"

Her bland response made Ou WenYan somewhat impatient. He leaned forward and outright threatened her by throwing a couple of photos onto the table.

Tian Xi moved her eyes down, interestedly looking at the contents. When she realized what they were of, she laughed inwardly but outwardly let out a contemptuous snort.

In the photos was the aftermath of their lovemaking with some "evidence" of the parties involved.

In actuality, Gu Yuan would not have been dumb enough to leave anything remotely distinguishable at the scene before taking off, so it was obvious that Ou WenYan had planted the so-called evidence himself.

As for how he got such items like a bracelet that looked similar to one she'd previously worn for a magazine shoot, as well as a watch that resembled the one that Gu Yuan always wore...let's just say that neither she nor Gu Yuan were currently missing any of their belongings at all.

But if the public were to see the photos, they wouldn't know nor care about that fact.

Sure enough, the world was trying its best to stick to the original plot, haha.

Unfortunately, she and Gu Yuan were here and even the male and female leads did not have a chance to truly succeed, much less the small-fry younger brother of the male lead.

"You can do whatever you want," she shrugged her shoulders, indifferent, "Also, remember who you are looking to mess with."

Tian Xi generously left him with a warning, No, she may not be "important," but her partner that night certainly was.

Yet, despite her kindness, Ou WenYan remained arrogant as he grinned, "You should also be careful of being called a whore who seduced the god of business. The number of women who would hate you after catching wind of your affair would be enough to circle the earth twice."

"Women already hate me, what difference does it make as long as I'm happy and my Tian Corp is doing well. Also, it's not like the news of our little affair would be enough to cancel the collaboration. So go wild," she carelessly waved at him, the corner of her lips curved upward in a lazy sneer.

He was speechless, "What about your reputation as a woman?"

"What time are you in? Ancient China? Who cares about reputation. The number of men willing to become my man is also enough to circle the world twice. Look, aren't you are one of them?" she chuckled gently as she helplessly raised her hands in a shrug.

Ou WenYan's face turned red then white in anger. He soon realized that he was getting nowhere.

Tian Xi finally bent forward and went straight to the point as the temperature around them dropped a few degrees, "You just want Tian family so that you can take the heir position, no?"

Caught unprepared for her abrupt change in temperament, Ou WenYan broke out in cold sweat and could not utter a reply.

"Since you seem to love gossip so much, here's an interesting tidbit for you..."

She slipped him a piece of paper that had Nan PiCi's and Ou WenAn's private room number scribbled on it.

Then she left before he could make heads or tails about all she that had just thrown at him.

Ou WenYan secretly wondered if this was her part of the bargain so that he wouldn't expose her and Gu Yuan's sex scandal.

--Of course, he was just overthinking and misunderstanding things because she really didn't care about anyone finding out about the relationship between her and Gu Yuan at all.

Unaware of how wrong he was, he ended up thinking that his threat worked, so he decided to keep his card for next time and to find the one she gave him to use this time instead.

Early the next day, the top business news featured Nan PiCi's and Ou WenAn's scandalous rumors and set off a storm in Ou Corp's next board meeting.

.

.

.

[Ou Corp's Heir Indecent Conduct with Nan Princess in Public]

[Possible Merge Between Ou and Nan Corps?]

[Daily Sex Scandal Starring Ou Prince and Nan Princess]

[Ou's Heir Harassing Nan's Little Princess?]

[Nan Princess Rapes Ou's Gentle Heir to Climb the Ladder]

.....

...

.

The headlines got more and more ridiculous as Tian Xi scrolled down the page. She was currently seated on a very expensive sofa in Gu Yuan's office, ignoring him as he spoke to her about the details regarding the advertisement of the lens.

He was sitting across from her on another very expensive sofa, flipping through profiles of actors, actresses, and models that could effectively publicize the lens as he verbally appraised each and every one of them for her to hear.

"Mr. Gu, I've told you that you have full rights over the product, and therefore you don't need my opinion about anything having to do with the product," she interrupted him.

Basically, she wanted him to do all of the work without her involvement while her Tian Corp reaped all of the initial profit. This was stated in the contract, after all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Of course, Gu Yuan wouldn't be Gu Yuan if he wasn't able to catch her drift. He was amused that she actually wanted him--the god of the business world--to work for her like a secretary.

"My services are not free, little Xi," he teased.

"I was unaware that you were selling yourself, Mr. Gu," she teased back.

"Only for you, baby."

Tian Xi rolled her eyes and continued scrolling down the headlines.

Gu Yuan actually found it inexplicably pleasurable when she rolled her charming eyes at him. He put down the stack of profiles and blinked at her expressionlessly yet innocently.

Tian Xi was speechless at his conduct. What the hell is he thinking?

"Anyway, if there is no real business here for me, I have other things to do--"

As Tian Xi was getting up to leave, Gu Yuan grabbed her wrist and pulled her onto his lap, holding her with his strong arms around her waist. With his chin on her shoulder, he lifted his mouth to bite her earlobe hard enough for her to feel slightly pained. Then he whispered aggrievedly with faint signs of irritation.

"You already left me all alone yesterday. Even my WanWan couldn't help me. So now you have to make it up to me today."

He slipped his hand under her shirt, "You know you like it when I touch you, Baby."

Tian Xi found it hard to leave this time, so she scoffed and shamelessly confirmed his statement whilst raising a brow, "Truly a very satisfying little brother you got there." She pat his rising member with her small hand.

She had already committed herself to avoid sex and horny men for the rest of her life, but she just had to be drugged and break her own commitment in this world. Furthermore, it was such a great experience that she felt sex was not so bad after all. She had to thank Gu Yuan and his little brother for curing her trauma.

"You're courting death if you run away again," he hoarsely warned as the atmosphere tensed along with the severity of his words.

"Pffft, you got lil WanWan," she pat little Yuan again in consolation as if speaking to it.

"Tian Xi!" Gu Yuan lowly growled.

He knew she couldn't have possibly been jealous because she was the one who left him in the first place.

"Ha ha!" She fell back onto his chest in laughter and brought her hands up to rest on his arms that were still wrapped around her slender waist.

His hands were just caressing her bare skin, simply feeling her softness and not moving anywhere else.

The room fell silent for a bit. Only the quiet sound of Gu Yuan's rough hands rubbing against Tian Xi's velvety skin and their soft breathing could be heard.

"Have you considered the other part of our deal, Mr. Gu?" She looked forward with a lazy smile.

He stopped his hands, his chin still on her shoulder as he playfully pleaded, "Baby, call me Yuan."

Tian Xi started to wonder if Gu Yuan was so bored that he had to spend his days in the many worlds womanizing and indulging in sexual pleasures.

She didn't know how right she was...

Drawling, she persisted, "Yuan, consider it~"

He also found himself pleased when she acted overbearingly adorable like this. So he chuckled, "Baby, was that one night all it took for you to want me forever?" It was, for me. He left the last part unsaid, though.

Tian Xi burst into laughter as if affirming his question yet her words deliberately masked her emotions, "Mr. Gu, in truth, this proposal is a professional one. However, we could consider our bodies as added bonuses in the transaction."

"So I can only have you again if I agree?" Even if Gu Yuan used sex to pass the time, he never stooped so low as to force himself onto others. This was why he didn't push her down even though he really wanted to.

"Do you believe it's worth it to agree? I promise I won't tie you down." She lifted her pinky finger leisurely. I won't hinder your path to the top nor will I stop you from taking in mistresses. I only ask for you to share with me the spot at the top.

"Liar. You already have."

.

.

.

A/N: Don't think that they are going pretty fast, because they aren't. This is them agreeing to a marriage of convenience with little to no love. Marriage first, love later. Anything for the top, right?

46