Arc 2.4 Class of the Century
4.9k 1 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lying on the floor, Cain caressed Lizzy's abdomen as he softly whispered sweet nothings into her ear.

"Should we go for a few more rounds?" He lowly chuckled.

After not receiving a reply for what seemed like half a day, he realized that the girl in his arm had lost consciousness.

He furrowed his brows because the girl had always tested his stamina previously.

Slowly pulling himself out of her, Cain gently turned her over so that she was facing him.

He found that Lizzy's current condition wasn't at its optimal state as there were dark circles under her eyes. Her plush lips were pale, and her complexion was wan.

Cain sat up and cleaned up the results of their passionate lovemaking session from both of their bodies and clothes before fixing up their appearances.

He then got up and altered the film from the cameras around the room so that it appeared as if he and Evan had initially only come in for some private lessons until Lizzy entered in search for resources and stayed to read them. Then both Evan and Lizzy eventually fell asleep due to exhaustion.

When he was done, he gently hoisted Lizzy up into an upright princess carry and subconsciously looked softly at the girl's peaceful expression as she slept in his arms. Cain had already brought his lips down to kiss her flawless forehead before he even processed his actions in his head.

"Bro! You done in there???"

Suddenly, the door to the record room was pushed opened and a bright young man was standing at the entrance with a large grin on his face.

The young man had a pair of mischievous red eyes and a head full of short fiery red hair. His slender body was leaning against the door frame with his long legs crossed. The gray vest characteristic of Central Academy's uniform was donned over a spotless white undershirt. On his collar was a golden gladiolus flower pin with genuine pearls embedded within that signified that he was a part of the student council.

It was the student council secretary, a male beta. Daniel Weston.

He was wiggling his brows with a knowing smile as his gaze went from Lizzy to Cain repeatedly.

With an expressionless face, Cain simply ordered, "Take care of that."

Before leaving the room with his mate.

How could Daniel not know what he was referring to?

So Daniel shook his head with a resigned smile as he went to swing Evan over his shoulders and also walked out of the room after turning off the lights. He locked the door and headed for the exclusive dormitory for omegas to drop off the weight in his arms.

"My good bro, you should be happy I am such a helpful system! I need more love! More appreciation! Sob..." Daniel's woes could be heard echoing throughout the building's hallways.

.

.

.

The next morning.

Lizzy woke up and her body was sore all over from the previous day's strenuous activities.

Her clothes had been changed from her uniform to her pajamas and it seemed as if her body had been meticulously washed clean.

Fuck...I did not expect that to happen. The timing of his transmigration....

She laughed at Cain inside her head but cried when she recalled the torture she was put through with her currently wretched body.

Even though the original Lizzy was a very capable alpha initially, after dealing with Cain's and a host's repeated efforts at thwarting her position the condition of her body couldn't help but deteriorate slowly.

Well, now that Gu Yuan is also here I don't know if I should be expecting help or competition.

[Host, he bonded with you yesterday and you slept like a log afterward! Surely he will help you complete the mission!! At this rate you don't even have to do anything!]

Lizzy let out a bitter laugh, '001 ah. You know how he is. With him around, the mission would be a piece of cake, but I feel like even if that's the case he will still try to make things hard for me. Just look at what happened yesterday.'

She brought her hand to the large bandage on the mark behind her neck.

'Is this even a legit fated pair...? According to the world information, that kind of thing was supposed to be done between one alpha and one omega ah!' She pretty much considered the possibility of completing her side mission as nonexistent now.

[System cannot say if host has completed a mission until the world is over. Apologies, host!] 001 lowkey felt that it would have been impossible for a small omega to please his host anyway.

'Figures,' Lizzy sighed. Oh well, it was just a side mission. It's just that if he was already impeding her from her side mission who's to say he wouldn't keep her from completing her task as well?

But she would not resign. Lizzy had already agreed with Owen yesterday that she would remain as the student council president and appoint him as the leader of the disciplinary committee.

No one in Central could possibly intimidate others to actually work harder as effectively as he could.

Most importantly, losing the election was not her style. In fact, Lizzy didn't like the idea of losing at anything.

But would Cain let go of this opportunity to tease her?

Of course not.

She rolled off her bed and quickly dressed herself.

It was really early in the morning and classes would not begin for another two hours. So, she decided to declare war on Cain since she knew he wouldn't let her stay in presidency without a small challenge.

He was truly that bored after all.

.

.

.

On her way to Cain's office, Lizzy bumped into the protagonist of the world.

Evan was running down the hall, large crocodile tears falling down his jade-like white cheeks. He wasn't paying attention to his surroundings and in a stroke of bad luck just had to literally run into Lizzy, who caught him and reflexively wrapped her arm around him to avoid both of them falling from the impact.

Furrowing her delicate brows as she let the boy go and backed away with her arms crossed across her voluptuous chest, Lizzy activated student council president mode, "Evan Levante, I believe you should be aware that running in the hallways is prohibited no matter the circumstances."

To which Evan sniffled and glared at her before storming away, not forgetting to rudely brush shoulders with her as he passed her by.

Lizzy inwardly snorted but maintained an aloof appearance as if nothing had happened just then and continued on her way to Cain's office as planned.

The very minuscule number of students that witnessed this minor incident mentally noted that the omega, Evan Levante, was disrespectful to his senior, the student council president and Central's Ice Goddess, Lizzy Xiong, and disapproved of his actions.

They also praised her for her strict yet heroic conduct when she handsomely caught the omega in her arms, only gently reminding him of the school's rules so he wouldn't get into trouble later.

Thus the newsletter of the following day consisted of propaganda for the Ice Goddess student council president.

Bias was really strong especially in the midst of a regime change ah!

Out of politeness, Lizzy made sure to knock before entering the room. As she stepped in, she could see the man with a large build languidly sitting on his chair as his pale blue eyes focused on the screen of his pc. The window blinds were slightly parted so that the rays of the sun illuminated his short, dark brown hair, bestowing upon him the atmosphere of a heavenly being descended upon the mortal realm.

She was instantly rendered speechless at the contents of the screen.

It was her ah! From the moment she woke up and even when she undressed and changed her clothes.

Deliberately choosing to ignore his stalker-ish behavior, Lizzy walked in and gently shut the door behind her.

"I'm assuming you won't call off the election even if Owen Williams refuses to participate?"

Cain finally moved. He calmly paused the footage and turned the chair around so that he was facing her directly with his legs crossed with a lazy smile pasted on his handsome face.

"What, not confident you can beat me anymore?" He teased.

"Bullshit," Lizzy refuted, impassively.

Cain chuckled, and the light shining down on him made him so much more alluring.

"Then best of luck to you. I promise there will be no dirty tricks. It's no fun if it's not fair. Anything else?"

Lizzy leaned her back against the door as she inquired, "Not gonna play with that omega anymore? Isn't that irresponsible?"

She was hinting at his motives--was he going to go out of character just because he wasn't bent? Or was it actually out of his character at all? The world information only gave a general outlook of the overall plot in addition to the body that the host inhabited. This meant that aside from the fact that the original Cain indulged in sexual pleasures with Evan, Lizzy couldn't be certain that his true motive in helping Evan drag her off her high horse was due to Evan's instigation or his own hidden agenda.

Even though she only went through one world with him, it was still an entire lifetime. She knew that his confidence and pride would not allow him to OOC his way through the worlds as that would be too easy for him--too boring. Also, as a veteran of a thousand years, she would be hard-pressed to believe that he'd never done it with another man before.

Cain's eyes flashed momentarily in amusement at her sharp wits as his eyes locked onto her profoundly before he smiled, "Baby, you're my mate. Not him. What's irresponsible is me neglecting you."

He rose from the chair as he went to her. His strong arms wrapped around her soft waist and brought her onto his hard body. Their foreheads touched, and their eyes locked onto each other. The distance between them was practically negligible as their quiet breaths mixed together.

"Did you think that little boy could actually satisfy me?" He whispered hotly into her ear.

Enlightened, Tian Xi meaningfully hummed. Unwrapping his arms and lightly pushing him away, she reached for the doorknob and opened the door.

"Professor Williams, thank you for your time. I have to get to class now," she turned around and left, no particular emotion could be discerned from her expressionless face, but her eyes were cold and as clear as day.    

37