Arc 2.5 Class of the Century
4.5k 1 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everyone turned silent when Lizzy walked up to Owen's desk and stood over him whilst exerting a silent pressure as naturally as she breathed in air.

They were currently in their classroom. Lizzy, Daniel, and Owen all shared the same homeroom which was even coincidentally taught by the temporary professor, Cain Williams.

The two were currently at a stalemate and the students around them tried to minimize their presence due to the two extremely overbearing alphas having a standoff. Not to mention, they were even competing against each other for the position of student council president! There was definitely some animosity between them even if it was supposedly a friendly competition.

Truthfully, there were many who were vaguely aware that a certain omega was the catalyst to the unprecedented re-election mid-year and they weren't particularly happy about that fact. Those people supported Lizzy's campaign for the most part as she expressed her disapproval over it quite openly.

Nonetheless, as long as the seniors weren't too personally affected, and they could graduate and have successful careers the overall situation did not weigh too heavily in their minds. That was why the re-election was allowed to be hosted despite the complaints.

Just when everyone believed that the two most influential figures were going to duke it out, Lizzy actually bent down and whispered something into Owen's ear!

Then she left for her own desk as if nothing ever happened.

The students who supported this CP despite being fully aware of Owen's pairing with Evan secretly took photos of that moment. They felt as if Evan was the unworthy one who broke apart their perfect duo of alphas who were the matchless deities of their generation.

"OH MY! GOD!!!" Daniel shouted, exasperated. His eyes were opened wide and almost seemed as if they would bulge out of their sockets.

Is sister-in-law really cheating on bro?!?! I can't believe it! She has balls of steel!!!

The entire class turned to the red-haired boy in confusion. Wasn't his reaction a little bit too over the top?

But Daniel pointed at the two of them in righteous indignation, "How immoral!! You both already have your own mates! I know Owen was 99% forced into his but Lizzy! Lizzy, girly, I am so disappointed in you! I expected so much more!"

Lizzy simply turned to face him with her usual stoic expression then turned her face back towards the front. No words needed to be spoken for the class to understand what she was most likely trying to convey: Daniel. Stop overthinking things.

After she left Owen with whatever message she imparted him with, Owen only glanced at her before slumping down onto his desk to rest his eyes.

Suddenly, before Daniel could spout any more nonsense and before the class could actually process in their minds that Daniel had just revealed the existence of Lizzy's mate, the door to the classroom opened and in walked the regal and hormone-packed stud of a man, Professor Cain Williams.

Lizzy's ears perked up when she heard a ding! as a new side task popped up.

[Side Task 2: Answer 500 questions in class. Time Limit: 6 months. Reward: 1 point per question]

During the lesson, it couldn't have gone unnoticed how Professor Williams constantly picked on Lizzy to answer questions, present theories, and even question her own answers. This raised Cain's favorability rate in her book just a bit because he was helping her, albeit unknowingly.

Though Lizzy knew it was just simple teasing on Cain's part, the class took it differently.

They knew that Professor Cain was currently infatuated with his nephew's little mate, Evan, and that he especially hosted the re-election against Lizzy for that omega and therefore there had to be some strife and discord between the two. The class pitied Lizzy for having to deal with such unfair circumstances--the current student council president having to go against the student council advisor? And not only was he the advisor, he was THE Cain Williams, one of the most influential figures in the world if not the most.

Yet Lizzy dealt with all of his strikes smoothly and gracefully which left the class in awe.

Owen lifted his head up at some point to observe Cain and his eyes flashed a meaningful light before quickly fading away. Then he laid back down over his desk and detached himself from the world once more.

Cain, of course, noticed Owen's behavior and only swept his gaze over his nephew before directing it back to Lizzy.

Daniel was smiling smugly throughout the entire exchange of blows. He felt that Lizzy deserved this sort of punishment for daring to cheat on his great godly host!

The person in question really paid no mind to the onslaught of questions as she proved her position as the top student of the entire student body.

At the end of class, as Owen stepped out of the classroom, he bumped into a small and frail object which tumbled down onto the ground with a startled and coquettish yelp that attracted everyone's attention.

Owen didn't even stop to glance at the thing before walking off.

The "thing" was Evan, who was now feeling very wronged as his crystal-like tears threatened to fall from his large doe-like hazel eyes.

He went to Cain that morning but was only met with indifference like the moments they previously shared was only a fling! Thus, he wanted Owen to console him as his mate.

Unfortunately, he seemed to have forgotten how Owen had been treating him since they first met and even after they formed a pair--with undisguised and utter hostility.

Being the student council president, Lizzy did not miss the chance to present herself as a knight in shining armor as well as a capable leader who cared about her people. She gallantly held out her small and delicate white hand towards the boy who was sniveling on the floor pitifully.

"Are you okay?" It was just a gesture though, as she knew what was coming next-

Slap!

The ungrateful little hoe slapped her hand away as if it were tainted meat as he glared maliciously at her.

"Hypocrite!" He hissed through his clenched teeth.

Evan blamed Lizzy for everything! If she hadn't stepped into the room yesterday, Cain would still love and pamper him! Owen might not have been nice to him after they got to know each other but he knew Owen was just being shy.

But then ever since yesterday, Cain ditched him and he even heard from the other seniors that Owen and Lizzy were quite intimate even though they were enemies! It was even worse because they were said to be the next Romeo and Juliet!

The surrounding students shook their heads in disapproval. Their student body president was too kind to that undeserving omega. Omegas were supposed to be elegant and refined. Though there could be some beauty in his pitiful appearance, his slap to the Ice Goddess who did no wrong was simply too much. In addition, he was two-timing his mate.

Though as always Evan didn't realize that he was the object of their disdain as he pushed himself off the ground and stalked off after Owen without even giving a second look at Lizzy.

Of course, Lizzy wouldn't put that to heart because she was just going through the motions. Nevertheless, to boost her image in front of her classmates she helplessly sighed, "I'm sorry for the disturbance that occurred here today. As compensation, lunch is on me tomorrow."

Everyone was inwardly kowtowing and jumping in gratitude but they had to be modest as the senior elites of Central as well as considerate classmates.

"President, it wasn't your fault that somebody couldn't control his own pheromones."

"Yeah! Don't worry too much about what just happened. It wasn't even that big of a deal anyway."

"Ungrateful wretch didn't even realize he was blessed enough to even graze the goddesses jade fingers!! Auu!!!! I'm so jealous ah~"

And more nonsensical comments flew around before Lizzy's amused laughter rang throughout the hallway, so pleasing to the ears of everyone who heard it.

"I insist on the lunch. Thank you, guys."

Then she left for who knows where.

But everyone was left speechless and their hearts all had arrows shot through them because their Ice Goddess actually! Smiled!!! She SMILED AND THEN LAUGHED!

"AAAAAAAAAAAAH VOTE VOTE VOTE IM VOTING FOR GODDESS 100%!!!"

"Me too ah! She smiled at me!!! My ears are so hot ah! What's this liquid coming from my nose?"

"My goddess laughed! She laughed! Did anyone take a picture?! Did anyone record it?!?! Send everything to me ah, I want to watch it over and over again and lick my screen!!"

Lizzy already had many fans in Central and A Country to begin with but as she cherished her blinding smiles and chiming laughter like gold rarely anyone had the chance to see or hear them.

With today's incident, her popularity for the election skyrocketed and Owen with only his handsome face to boost himself up was left behind.

Nobody saw Lizzy's sly smirk as she walked away.

Hypocrite? Very true. After all, when she went to the record room yesterday she was clearly firing her ass off towards Evan and Cain's misconduct yet ended up committing a misdeed herself.

.

.

.

The classes at Central didn't separate the genders, but there wasn't much diversity to begin with anyway.

The small particulars of Central Island weren't mentioned in the world information. Lizzy had to find out through her own extensive means that even though the academy reigned the island, not all of the inhabitants were students that attended the academy per se. The other inhabitants of the island were like work-study students where most of them were ineligible for taking the classes. They were the other population that those students of Central "governed." Their bosses and higher-ups were naturally Central students. Their parents sent them to Central in hopes to connect with the future leaders of the world. They were required to leave once they hit a certain age if they had not been recruited by a graduating student of Central Academy before the student graduated.

How did the ABO structure fit into society? In the academy, the omegas were groomed to become the best possible mates for the esteemed heirs. They were required to learn the four arts--music, poetry, painting, and dance--and the three obediences from the Book of Etiquette and Ceremonial and the four virtues from the Rites of Zhou. As for who their mates were destined to be, it was up to fate. Central did not allow omegas to inhabit Central if they were not a student unless they were the mate of a current student prior to attending the academy. They had their own block nearby the academy grounds but could not trespass into the academy freely.

Alphas and betas naturally fought on the same plane so only the most competent of the betas could school with the alphas. Their classes ranged from the generals--mathematics, language, history, sciences, and government--to business and management. Extracurricular activities were offered but they must have excelling marks in order to participate.

Central Academy only allowed the most elite of the elite. Omegas had to be of high pedigree. In other words, their omega blood must be the purest so that their chances of birthing alphas would be at the highest of heights and their looks would have to rival those of the gods. Alphas and betas went through a series of examinations, background checks, and had to pay an exponential fee in order to attend. In total, the number of students who graduated each year would rarely number more than 1000.

The graduating alphas and betas could venture out into the rest of the island to invest in their own human resources and offer to recruit them into their companies and families after graduating. As for the omegas, during their three-year stay at the academy, they would be able to interact with the alphas in hopes of finding their mate. If they failed to find their mate they would be sent home with their learned experience to search for their mate elsewhere.

Lizzy's class mainly consisted of alphas and only the most successful betas were part of it. There were no omegas. In fact, the number of graduating omegas could be counted with two hands. And by this time they had all already found their "fated" ones.

The prejudice in this world wasn't too prevalent but it definitely existed. That couldn't be helped since even the protagonist of this world was a gold digger and didn't use his own effort to climb to the top. But the omega students in the academy were largely sought after if they were within the top rankings in terms of their performance. Only when their deeds were too outrageous did the student body look down on them for their inferior gender.

Evan was a freshman, but he was a very beautiful omega with unrivaled looks and soft temperament. His pale white skin that was smooth as milk contrasted with his pitch-black hair and his thin and weak countenance compelled many powerful figures to want to protect and pamper him. He was originally a rising star in the academy until he sparked the re-election and challenged Lizzy's position as the student body president.

Every smart student was aware that Owen was his mate and that Evan wanted to push Owen to the frontlines in order to gain more wealth and fame. They were even more disgruntled by the fact that he even climbed Cain's bed in order to help achieve his goal. His actions were highly frowned upon and Lizzy did not even have to incite her peers for them to openly voice their negativity.

Anyway, as the election campaigning dragged on, Lizzy's efforts to popularize herself with the student body proved much more fruitful than Cain's promotion of Owen. Primarily due to the fact that Owen did not cooperate and always had a menacing aura about him as opposed to what his campaigns suggested.

There would always be exceptions, though. His peerless looks and position as the number one alpha male student in Central brought in most of his votes.

Cain was always in a terrible mood. No, it wasn't because he was losing. It was because ever since Lizzy declared war on him she never visited him in private ever again. In other words, he was pent up.

All of his efforts to drag her to him ended in vain because she would denounce him as cheating in their game.

One day, when she was hanging out with some schoolmates to bring in more votes, he couldn't take it anymore.

On their way to a cafe for a group gathering, Lizzy felt a painful vice grip on her left wrist as she was pulled into a man's sturdy chest.

Noticing that their object of worship had suddenly disappeared from her spot, her schoolmates were confused and turned to find her in the legendary professor's embrace. His hawk-like eyes shed an eerie light at them expressing his dominance and possessiveness over the girl in his arms.

They looked at each other in tacit understanding. Professor Williams was clearly high or something. Lizzy was his opponent in the election ah!

"Uhh... Professor Williams? What are you doing?" Schoolmate A timidly asked, to which Cain's sharp and intimidating gaze flew to him immediately made him shudder and zip his mouth closed and turn around as if he never saw or said anything.

What one cannot see, does not exist.

Everyone chanted that in their heads. Even though they were scared that Lizzy was going to be killed for currently dominating the election, they didn't want to die for witnessing her death!

Yep, even though they noticed that streak of possessiveness in his eyes they didn't associate it with Lizzy at all. Everyone believed it to have been their imagination since the two were clearly enemies.

Of course, those Romeo and Juliet shippers' brains were on fire, but nobody could tell from their pale faces full of fear.

They all silently lit candles for Lizzy and stood silently with their eyes tightly closed.

If Lizzy could hear their thoughts, she would spit blood. They always claimed that they worshipped her as their goddess but here they were, willing to turn their backs on her with their tails between their legs the moment things got just a little bit out of control.

Cain caressed Lizzy's nape as he lowered his head to warn her, "You're mine."

Seeing that she couldn't free herself from his clutches and he clearly wasn't going to let her go, she could only turn to her peers, "I'll meet you guys later."

"She won't be coming back."

And Lizzy was pulled away to his luxury car.

"You said it would be a fair competition," Lizzy looked up at her captive sternly as they stood outside the car. Cain's hand was still firmly holding onto her thin wrist.

"Baby, I said fair competition and it's not a fair competition if I'm not in my best condition," Cain retorted in all seriousness.

"What does it matter to me whether you are well or not? You clearly want to compromise my own condition."

He suddenly pushed her against the car and rubbed his hardened length against her body as his eyes darkened, "Don't you need me too? To be in your best condition."

Lizzy, "I'm perfectly fine."

Cain, "But you're my mate. You can only be satisfied by me."

They were in their ambiguous position for too long, so Lizzy tried to pry herself out from under him, "I don't need to be satisfied."

"But I do."

Cain brought his lips down to hers and kissed her tenderly to put her in the mood. His tongue softly brushed against her lips and teeth, coaxing her into opening her mouth to allow him entry. His breathing gradually harshened as he started rubbing himself against her more frantically.

"Help me, baby..." He begged her hoarsely.

He was way too cute when he begged her, so Lizzy finally caved in as she had the sudden urge to just eat him up! Slick as slime, she opened the door behind her and pulled him along with her. Flipping their bodies over so that she was riding him, she tore off his shirt and eyed him like a predator.

Cain flashed her his staple evil grin because of his success in wooing her.

41