Arc. 2.7 Class of the Century
4.1k 0 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days after that incident and less than 3 days before the election, Cain, Lizzy, and Daniel were left alone to deal with how to complete the mission. It didn't take them long to find out a reasonable solution.

For now, to maintain their image as righteous people we shall skip over the solution and come back to it later in this chapter.

As for Evan, he went strangely silent after his confrontation. Lizzy had 001 monitor his actions and found out that he still planned to drug her! Also, he was going to release news about Cain and her scandalous affair in the record room--even at the cost of his own reputation since he was finally made aware that his reputation had gone to shit.

How was he going to reveal it? When they first started their illicit relationship, Cain had told him about the cameras. So, he was going to head to the chairman to ask for the film.

Lizzy didn't worry about that little tidbit as it also involved the current Cain, so she knew he would have tampered with everything already.

As for the drugging... she wanted to see just what he could do on the day of the election. Apparently, there was a drug that put alphas in a rut and omegas in heat. It was especially strong and even had permanent effects. The most daunting part was that it only took one little prick of a needle to work.

Just as she was about to call 001 back, she saw that Cain had intruded upon Evan in his room. Being the delusional child that he was, Evan was extremely excited and filled with no suspicion whatsoever when he accepted the boxed lunch that was given to him along with a few coaxing words from the older man. When Cain left, Evan immediately dove right in and not even five minutes later did he curl up into a fetus position clenching his stomach in pain. A large patch of blood was forming on his pants and it was not hard to guess what transpired.

Evan obviously figured out what happened and seemingly went insane as he threw his entire room into chaos; ripping his blankets and pillows, throwing the glass vases, chucking the clock out of the window. The lights were busted, and the room became dark.

Suddenly, the door opened once more, and light flowed in like a river. Cain was leaning against the doorframe bathed in that light like a god, yet his presence equaled that of a demon or a bringer of death as he'd just killed his own child in the womb. Evan ran up to him in a frenzy ready to attack him, but Cain simply pulled something out from his sleeve and swiftly swiped it across the bare skin of Evan's extended palms; then he bent to the side to dodge the incoming figure as it fell to the floor next to the larger man's black shoes.

He called in some alphas to Evan's room shortly after. Since the omega wanted to climb up the social ladder by seducing powerful alphas, he would gladly send him some very powerful alphas. Then he walked out of the room, not forgetting to shut the door behind him. The soundproofing in the building was truly high-class ah.

As if he noticed her across 001's display, Cain looked at Lizzy straight in the eyes through the screen and flashed her a smug smirk before she called her system back.

Truthfully, Cain thought that such a drug would probably be very satisfying, but at the same time, he did not like the thought of Lizzy's eyes losing their luster that he found to be the most attractive characteristic of hers.

Also, even if she were to take that drug, only he could feed it to her--he was the only one who was allowed to defeat Lizzy. He should be the only one to defile her, to make her cry, and to make her angry. Also to make her smile, laugh, and express any sort of emotion for that matter.

Cain still had yet to unravel all of her, and he was looking forward to it.

After all, only Lizzy could make him feel anything other than boredom, so he wanted to be the only one for her too, or he would feel like he was defeated by her again.

So, he could not forgive Evan for trying to steal what was his. That was why he did what he did.

Daniel was nearby and had asked him mentally why he didn't take the drug to complete his side task, [Side Task 3: Use the drug to break Lizzy and make her submit. Reward: 200 points]. His host had never given up the opportunity to maximize his profits before.

Cain simply chuckled dangerously in response, "What's the fun in breaking the new toy that I have yet to tire of?"

.

.

.

In the end, the election was very anticlimactic. It made Lizzy very happy that she did not invest too much thought and effort into it.

While her speech was pretty run-of-the-mill and showcased her qualities and even some imperfections to make her seem more down-to-earth rather than an unreachable Ice Goddess, Owen had outright declared that if they dared to vote for him he would kill them all. His bloodthirst told the crowd that he was not kidding, so very few if any ended up voting for him in the end for fear of ending their lives.

The poor idiots that did vote for him? They claimed that the votes were anonymous but somehow Owen's nose was even sharper than a dog's by an exponential amount and let's just say that some students were never heard from ever again. There was no evidence, however, so no charges could be filed against him and even if there were he was a Williams. His status alone practically allowed him murder with no repercussions.

Cain had already expected such an outcome. In fact, after seeing the two interact, Lizzy concluded that they were both acquainted with one another. As in, they were aware of their identities outside of this world.

It was already mentioned before, but Owen truly avoided Cain like he was dog shit. In contrast to his interactions with Cain, Owen had softened his temperament somewhat when he was around Lizzy. Sometimes, he would leave her taken aback when he'd go up to sniff her and mumble something like, "...really good" or he'd just hum in gratification then walk away.

As for Daniel, at first Lizzy thought he was another host who actually befriended Cain, but Owen viewed him as if he were a dead or inanimate object so she quickly adjusted her outlook and came to a frightening deduction; he was Cain's system. This would mean that Cain was more than just a veteran. He was a previous winner.

Disregarding human relations, things flowed quite smoothly after the election. As Lizzy had predicted, appointing Owen as the leader of the disciplinary committee was very effective especially after the students found out that those who had voted for him had been spirited away. Furthermore, Cain's lessons from hell offered to all seniors were extremely helpful in earning everyone top grades. No other year prior to theirs had ever had such a high ratio of perfect scores. This year, over eighty-percent of the graduating students had perfect scores. The top ratios from previous years never even came close to sixty-percent!

Even as a teacher, Cain proved himself to be a formidable host.

Lizzy didn't really have to do much aside from chairing the meetings between the leaders of all of the committees and groups within Central. She was also responsible for inviting the various big shots of the countries and leading industries to recruit the graduates.

Also, going back to how exactly they could guarantee that each and every senior would be in a top position upon graduation, Cain left that to her as well since she happened to be the most laidback and free out of the two.

Yes, two. Because Owen was literally just a sitting ice block throughout the entire mission. His presence was all they needed and neither Lizzy or Cain felt that it was worth it to bother the psycho into doing anything more than that.

Their solution: hacking.

To ensure every student and committee had the funds to continue and exceed in their projects, Lizzy had hacked countless national treasuries from countries all over the world. And to hide her traces, she transferred the money into the accounts of every senior according to a merit system. She explained to them that they were donations and scholarships--free money--and that they should accept it and use it to ensure their futures. This way, the students were not only extremely affluent, but they also displayed the extents of their abilities to the fullest while enrolled in the academy.

Most importantly, these seniors would, in turn, become the richest investors in the world, so the other countries would actually NEED to recruit them. After all, there was a sudden massive drop in the economy worldwide and all of the money ended up in the hands of the graduates. In order to set the world back in order, these seniors were simply a godsend.

[How shameful ah!] 001 denounced.

'Shut up. It works, doesn't it?' 

45