Arc 2.8 Class of the Century
4.1k 0 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As for the worlds protagonist?

He was a freshman, so it didn't really matter to them what actually became of him.

But just to give the readers a sense of closure, the effects of the drug were permanent, and similarly to what happened to the original Lizzy, he became broken and addicted to sex. He couldn't even take the time to think about how to get revenge or grieve over his losses.

Some might say that Cain was too ruthless, but one must keep in mind that everything was but a simple game to him. Of course he's coldblooded and uncaring towards the pawns and chess pieces. They meant nothing to him from the very beginning.

Evan may have been the world's protagonist, but to our hosts, he was just a freshman who had nothing to do with their mission and only got in the way of its completion. Might as well get rid of it~

The days leading up to graduation were so smooth sailing that it was unbearable for Cain, so he always made trouble for his mate, Lizzy.

He made use of the camera system to heighten his stalker behavior that everyone just ignored. And similar to their first world, he tried many ways to get Lizzy into his bed but this time since it was an ABO world, Lizzy was always trying to find a way to overpower him with her alpha pheromones. In the end it always failed her and things that can't be described happened shortly after.

You say how come she never learned her lesson?

She did! But because she was trying her best to undo his mark she had to try her best to overpower his alpha pheromones so that she could find her own perfect omega to mark so that she could complete her side mission! We can all see that she failed, though, and she was not very happy so she took revenge in the best way possible--abstinence ah!

Cain could only satisfy himself when she felt that she could finally overpower his pheromones and ran to him only to fail and end up dead and limp the next few days.

As for Owen, after he declared that Lizzy would be his one day, he didn't do much aside from pasting himself to her like glue. His temper was much better like a tamed wolf, but when he wasn't around her it was like he had rabies again.

She asked him what his deal was one time and he just replied, "The scent of your soul calms me down."

"Oh," she lifted a brow in response and an awkward silence ensued.

"But that bastard smells disgusting. You should stay away from him. His smell is all over you recently," he scowled in distaste as he eyed her wrapped-up neck.

"Oh."

She knew they had some sort of history, but it didn't matter to her because it had nothing to do with her or the mission. So, she never asked.

Knowing that she was going to ignore his warning for the nth time, Owen was just about to offer his help in getting rid of Cain when Cain entered the room.

Speak of the devil and the devil will appear.

They were in the student council clubroom relaxing as always on a bright and sunny day in May days before graduation.

Owen and Lizzy were sitting comfortably a little bit too close to each other on the loveseat at the side beside the large window. By close, it was all thanks to Owen's own selfish efforts as he was leaning against Lizzy in hopes of smelling more of her scent rather than her mate's. Lizzy didn't bother to move because she was busy organizing the student profiles and inviting the last of the guests that would be attending the event on her notebook.

When Cain stepped into the room he was met with this scene.

Suddenly, an idea popped up into his head as he quickly put on an aggrieved look as if he was a wife who'd just caught her husband cheating.

"Babe," he pouted, standing frozen at the door, "How could you do this to me?"

The two students ignored his woes.

Feeling indignant, Cain took deep breaths and quickly walked to them and pulled Lizzy into his arms encircling her in them in a protective way.

"Dog," he snarled viciously at Owen, "She's mine."

Owen narrowed his eyes and crinkled his nose in obvious disgust, "Well, tell me when you get bored of her. I can wait for at least that long, Uncle."

The last word was laced with heavy sarcasm.

Lizzy was already use to their hostile interactions. She was still typing up a storm on her notebook in Cain's arms, uncaring about the two others.

"Because that's how it always is, isn't it, Uncle? You get bored of things so often. It's not like she's the first-"

"Shut up."

The room's temperature dropped a few several degrees lower. Cain's arms tightened around Lizzy's body, making her brows wrinkle together at the slight pain and discomfort.

Owen shrugged, a smug look was on his face because he knew he was right. That man never stayed interested very long. He'd just have to wait for Cain to toss Lizzy away, and then before Cain had the chance to break her he'd pick her up and leave.

Since the time he could process things around him he had never been able to control his aggressive nature. It was only when he first met Lizzy that he felt what it was like to be calm. Maybe it was the ABO world, or her presence. He only knew that her scent calmed down the always turbulent waves in his heart, mind, and soul.

Unfortunately, he met her only after the bastard in front of him did. But it didn't matter. He was used to his violent ways. What was waiting for a few more void days? Yes, days. He doubted even Lizzy could preoccupy his attention for very long. She didn't seem as if she cared enough to try anyway, which made Owen happy.

Owen had long noticed that she had Cain completely wrapped around her fingers in this world. He didn't know how she did it, but Cain was always the one actively searching for her. They also seemed to know each other from before but he knew Lizzy wasn't from their time.

"Why her?" He unconsciously muttered.

Cain heard and paused to think until he came up with a plausible answer even for himself, "She hasn't given up yet."

Cain had also asked himself why he found her so entertaining. Thinking about it now, he figured it was because even though she didn't have even the slightest advantage over him, she still tried to beat him. And, he knew that she could in the ways he least expected her to.

She was truly unconventional, but he made sure she wouldn't be able to win against him in this world even at the cost of his night life.

He looked down at the girl who paid no heed to their little fight over her as she was finishing the last of her work.

"Finally done?" He softly asked her.

"Mm," she nodded. Lizzy motioned for him to put her down.

When she noticed that he had no intention of complying, she looked up at him, puzzled.

Cain had already restored his aggrieved look from before as he gazed woefully back down at her, "You cheated on me. Now you have to compensate me for my emotional turmoil."

Lizzy mentally puked blood at his shamelessness. She had been trying to find out ways to undo their bond for the past few weeks and ended up ignoring his passes. Now here was here demanding her to take responsibility.

Owen was sitting there enjoying the free dog food while it lasted, which was until Cain took her out of the room to his office to do things that can't be described.

At the graduation ceremony, all of the bigwigs and CEOs ran up to their future investors as if they'd received some sort of amnesty from their poverty. Their eyes were full of happy tears and every one of the students were practically begged to join their companies.

Unfortunately for Lizzy, since she really had no idea how to overcome the pheromones of these ABO worlds she never managed to undo Cain's mark before the six-month time limit. The day of graduation, Cain had proudly announced their engagement whilst ignoring her resentful glare throughout the entire ordeal.

All of the students were caught off-guard because the two were enemies at first. But thinking back on their relationship after the election it almost seemed as if the election was just a lover's quarrel. Then they realized they were forced to eat a full bucket of dog food since they were literally used as fodder for that little couple's spat and silently shed bloody tears inside whilst outwardly clapping their hands in congratulations for their successful engagement.

47