Arc 4.18 Queen Mother
2.5k 1 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lily let out an ear-piercing screech at being interrupted AGAIN. This time she didn't care about the mating as she noticed that the newcomers were in the room to kill her.

She threw the remaining five men off of her. They were practically already done anyway. Then, she transformed into her alien form, provocatively, as if daring Alex to do the same.

Her black-blue metallic armor was exponentially more durable than malunimium ore. Her tail was bladed, as were the ridges of her spine and the back of her elbows. Her arms lengthened proportionately, befitting her new height which was more than twice the size of the largest man in the room, which was Altair at 6'3."

Before everyone's alert and wary eyes, her breasts were torn open and in their place were a pair of smaller dark armored skeletal arms. On each hand there were sharp, pointed claws that totaled up to 18; ten from her longer arms and four each from the ones jutting out from her chest.

On her head, instead of the smooth or ridged carapace like on drones and warriors was a large crown that was the same make as the rest of her armored skin. Her tail resembled an extra long spine with blades at the edges, the end of her tail was a collection of five sharp knife-like structures pointing every which direction. The jagged yet undoubtedly razor-sharp teetch were as large as an average person's forearm; the oversized Lily couldn't even close her mouth entirely anymore as her teeth didn't allow it.

Actually, Alex thought that transforming was a dumb move as the room was quite small and enclosed.

Lily had to crouch over just so that she could actually fit within the enclosure. There wasn't the option of breaking open the ceiling as it was made of irudisium, which it was apparently a superior mineral that Lily's own gear could not compete with. At least, not currently. She could put in a few cracks here and there but as she was currently up against a horde of humans and Alex, she didn't have the leisure time to destroy the ceiling and thus deprive the group of oxygen.

Though, that would have been a great way to solve her crisis of having been ganged up on.

Noticing that the first five men who'd fallen unconscious prior to Alex and the others' arrival were waking up, Alex did not hesitate to take all of Lily's aggro before directing the recon team of four towards the five men who were no longer aliens.

"Men, I got Lily. Take care of the others!" She yelled out before jumping in front of the group to shield everyone from Lily's oversized tail with the Sword of Oblivion. The two metals grinded against each other producing a high-pitched screech while purple sparks flew everywhere.

At first, the four men didn't understand what Alex was ordering them to do, as there weren't any other aliens around the vicinity--only unconscious "humans."

However, they quickly realized that those men were no longer humans as they slowly sat up and also morphed into large aliens that were slightly smaller and different from the queen in front of them! Their crown-like carapace were slightly less pronounced than the queen's, and their tails shorter and possessed only three knife-like structures at the ends as opposed to Lily's five.

They also had four arms like the queen, and they were a similar shade, representing that they were from her faction. The five newcomers screeched out their battle cry before rushing to Alex's squad full of bloodlust in an attempt to protect their liege.

It didn't take them very long, of course, as they were each about 18 feet tall and the sizes of their tails mimicked their height.

So much for the small room. It's malunimium walls were instantly ripped to shreds upon their simultaneous transformations. The hallway that the Alex's group were in before was now in full view as well as the rooms beside their current enclosure.

"Fuck!" Ophiuchus exclaimed in disbelief.

So all of Lily's team were no longer human?!

Actually, the five aliens were not really unconscious. As Lily's royal guards, they decided to stay within their human shells until they, as babies evolved into their adult forms. They were already conscious for the past few hours, waiting until they were in the proper condition to fight.

The only reason Ophiuchus cursed was because he was the only one who was knocked back by the approaching guards' tails. The other three men either successfully dodged or blocked the attacks.

His back was slammed against the other side of the wall in the hallway, and unfortunately for him there was a debris of the other demolished wall jutting outward and it grazed him right at the left side of his waist, drawing blood.

At least he wasn't impaled trough the stomach, and Ophiuchus couldn't help but break out into a cold sweat at the thought of suffering such an injury while holding off the aliens until the reinforcements arrived.

He didn't have time to mull over his bad luck, as one of the guards ran his way, hoping to take advantage of his momentary weakness.

Gritting his teeth, the lean dark-skinned man with determined dark green eyes and curly short black hair pushed himself off the wall and closely avoided the alien's claws that left an indenture into the malunimium at least two feet deep.

Before it could regain its composure, Ophiuchus aimed his pulse rifle at its joints and rained a fire of bullets. He had only had time to slightly damage its left knee when the alien turned around and attempted to toss him into the air with a fierce swing of its tail, to which the large 6-foot man crouched low on all fours and continued shooting at the back of the alien's left knee with precise aim.

Eventually, it had become disabled. But of course, as the armor was gradually thawing off from the alien's knee and around the rest of its leg, the blood would also start flying around.

Ophiuchus just had to pull Bellatrix into his wave of misfortune as a splash of the acidic blood landed on his left forearm that was firing off his own rifle--he was left-handed. It was a really small splash, thankfully, but it still hurt like hell, so the slightly shorter brown haired crew-cut man couldn't help cursing the idiot of the team in exasperation, "Bro, just because you got hurt doesn't mean you have to drag the rest of us along with you!"

Of course, as he yelled that out he didn't forget to keep firing at his own opponent's elbow, ignoring the searing pain of the burn.

The four men's technique in fighting the aliens were tactical and reasonable as the enemy was fully garbed in durable armor more daunting than the humans' most impregnable metal, malunimium ore. They aimed for the inner joints in hopes of breaking their armor from the weakest spots.

As there were four of them only, the aliens already had the advantage in terms of overall capability, gear, and physical size, yet there were five aliens outnumbering the recon group members by one.

It was a good thing that the recon team was composed of the next best soldiers after Tyler and Faust, who were after Duke and Nile in the rankings. Well, Tyler and Faust succeeded Duke after becoming Alex's royal guards, but the humans didn't know that.

Thus, Altair and Saiph were particularly great at watching each other's' backs as they were the ones dealing with three guards while Bellatrix and Ophiuchus dealt with their own.

Alex, of course, was patiently hacking away at the Queen while keeping her away from her competent group of men.

During her free time, which was a very short time frame of 1 second, she hit the button of her communicator and asked urgently for the reinforcements to arrive faster.

"My men are outnumbered! I don't care who is near, just get here ASAP!"

BOOM!

Lily's tail rammed down against the irudisium crystal floor that Alex was previously standing on before Alex launched herself forward with her sword aimed at Lily's shin, which was a pointless endeavor as she was really too short to reach the knee that was her real goal... The shin received 0 damage, not even a scratch was left behind. Plot armor, why did you have to show up now of all times?!

The queen's armor was exponentially harder than the royal guards' and other drones and warriors. It was actually on par with the Sword of Oblivion, so Alex was getting agitated at not being able to slice through her like she had done to everything else thus far.

Aaaah, if only I could also just transform into my original form! Surely, that is also plot trying to handicap me!

She honestly didn't care about revealing the fact that she was an alien, but it would be a hassle to solve in the future.

Alex didn't think that her four men would particularly mind if she was an alien on their side, but Alex was not confident that the plot would allow her to dispose of Lily before the reinforcements arrived. If the reinforcements were just Tyler, Faust, or Nile that wouldn't be so bad, but the thing was that she wasn't sure who would arrive!

Just as she was contemplating about just fucking everything and just shedding off her human skin to go on par with Lily, an army knife was launched with matchless speed directly into the massive queen's mouth, breaking her teeth that were definitely just as tough as her armor. Lily gave out an enraged shriek at the pain and unforeseen attack that she didn't even know could harm her.

It was just an ordinary army knife ah!

Sure enough, with true strength and skill, no matter how inferior a weapon was, if the wielder had the power such small things like materials didn't matter.

Alex knew, the only one capable of such a feat was her husband. As expected, she felt his arm wrap around her waist as he stood to her right before he bent down to her ear to whisper smugly with his deep voice, "How was that? See how powerful I am? And I'm all yours, aren't you happy?"

Alex rolled her eyes, flinging the black sword to her left hand so her freed right hand could pinch his waist for being a such a show-off.

"Took you long enough," Alex side-eyed the man whose height towered over her as the top of her head barely reached his collarbone.

33