Arc 4.22 Queen Mother
2.4k 2 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, that night, the two didn't get an ounce of sleep at all.

The scene played out as such.

Alex had found the on-the-verge-of-tears version of Nile to be extremely appealing and delectable. He had originally planned to hug her to sleep chastely since she did just wake up and he'd have plenty of time to punish her when she was in her best condition, but Alex didn't want to follow his plans this time around.

Not that she ever did, anyway.

With a provocative smirk, her naughty hands were sneakily roaming up and down his toned chest, lighting the fire inside him that he had finally managed to quell upon her wake, and once more when he walked in on her beautifully smiling face.

This damn woman!

Little Nile was standing proudly, excitedly nudging his wife's thighs as if conversing and conveying its desire to get in between them to ravish that place regardless of its owner's own wishes.

Not that Nile himself didn't wish to pin Alex down and take her right at that moment, but he was speechless that she didn't appreciate his concern for her well-being!

He thought that if he had shown to her his caring and considerate side, that she would definitely fall for "him" even slightly more! Unfortunately, it seemed to have only served as a flint to spark her lust.

But he didn't mind.

They still had many lifetimes to go through together. He would be a fool not to accept the five-star dish offering itself to him on a golden platter.

And so after three nights of abstinence and mental torture on Nile's part, a passionate night ensued, warding off 001, who only wanted to tell his host that ever since arriving back at the colonies she had received new tasks to complete.

It was only when the early streaks of dawn arrived and the large man had fallen asleep with his girl safely wrapped in his arms did 001 gain the courage to inform Alex of her next few tasks.

As for the baby, she was only a few days in and even if she were a few months in, sex was still okay with their current technology! Also, Nile felt that if it was his own baby even if the technology and his wife wasn't very strong, it would take more than just a few nudges to kill it.

[Ahem...] he coughed and cleared his metaphorical throat awkwardly to gain his host's attention.

"Nnngh," Alex groggily groaned. They had certainly been a bit too wild last night, and she knew that Nile was already holding himself back since she did just wake up from three days of bedridden coma.

Of course, that didn't stop him from leaving a trail of ambiguous kiss and bite marks traveling down her neck, chest, and inner thighs. Alex didn't leave him unscathed either though, as the peacefully sleeping man beside her had a pair of swollen red lips, and his neck and chest were just as equally filled with love marks. Looking closer one could see that his eyes had dark rings under them, showing clearly that he had not caught a wink of sleep during those past three days while she was out cold.

Without even realizing it, Alex was already gently rubbing those dark eye bags with her thumb, softly so as to not awaken him.

'Speak,' she urged 001 to continue.

[Since we are no longer in space and have landed in the colonies, you have three new tasks to complete.]

[Side Task 4: Bring down the Rigel family. Reward: 1500 points]

[Side Task 5: Make the Aldebaran family regret tossing the original Alex away. Reward: 3000 points]

[Side Task 6: Complete the original's mission to research on the alien species. Reward: 2500 points]

'Oh. K.' Alex was already planning on dragging the Rigel and Aldebaran family names and reputations down through the mud, and just her presence alone would be able to make the Aldebaran family regret not taking her in.

As for the research task, eh, it sounded like extra work but with the original's memories it should be doable. Performing that was actually in line with the Aldebaran task in many ways.

As she was laying on her side with her back against Nile and his arms coiled around her waist, she didn't realize that he had already woken up from the moment her fingers grazed over his face and was just staring down at her with half-lidded eyes filled with satisfaction and love.

Alex only noticed that he was awake when his hot palm slowly made its way to her stomach, caressing it gently.

"Good morning, my queen," he mumbled with his deep and hoarse morning voice by her neck, puffing warm breaths against her skin as he took in her scent.

"Morning," Alex made a movement to get up so she could clean herself up in the shower.

Instead of pulling her back, Nile also raised himself out of the bed to help her get ready for the day.

After their shower, the two had to report to the military headquarters as a head researcher and a captain. Even though Nile had left the aftermath of the mission to Duke, he was after all the true captain and had to personally take care of his own responsibilities.

After Alex passed out, the rest of the group had already captured all of the alien species they needed and Faust's squad already worked Zero as Starship 549 to head back to the nearest colony. On their way back, the group only had to dispose of the remaining aliens.

When they arrived at B-418, Nile didn't immediately report to the headquarters but ran along with Alex to his apartment after transporting Zero's "data" from the starship into a small and portable microchip.

Alex was no longer just a normal alien queen, but the Queen Mother. It didn't feel any different, though, as the aliens from her faction were no longer around aside from those in the research facility.

Speaking of the research facility, they made use of the corpses of Lily and her royal guards. And on the topic of the royal guards, before the last five could awaken, Tyler and Faust had thrown them into hypersleep while Altair and the rest of the recon team were in charge of explaining why those five men were to be sent along with the other living aliens as research specimen. They were, after all, live royal guards!

So, the lab now had facehuggers, baby aliens, drones, warriors, royal guards, and corpses of both royal guards and an alien queen in their hands. They were extremely happy, as were the four great families as their investment brought in much profit.

The four great families were coexisting families due to their specialties in different fields though all were tied together in the end by the military. The Aldebaran family lead the sciences and research departments in the military, the Betelgeuse prided themselves on their military prowess and strength, the Rigel family dealt with business and trade and had the most wealth amongst the four families, while the Fomalhaut family consisted of mechanics and inventors in charge of supplying the military with their mechs and ships.

While Alex was the head researcher on Starship 549, it was actually her illegitimate younger sister who was the head researcher back on the colonies.

That's why when she went to report into the lab that morning, she undoubtedly bumped into that little sister as her alleged boss.

The situation in the Aldebaran family hierarchy was a typical rich family drama kind of thing. The current head of the family, Alex's blood-related father and sperm donor to her mother, had a mistress outside of his marriage. Alex's mother was practically a princess of the Fomalhaut family as the youngest daughter of the old head.

While the Betelgeuse and Rigel families often tied their names together through marriage throughout history, the Fomalhaut and Aldebaran also followed their own traditions by connecting their families through marriage.

Unfortunately, since it was simply tradition, the current Aldebaran head and Alex's mother didn't have any feelings for each other and while her mother remained loyal and respectful towards her husband, the scummy head of the family couldn't keep it in his pants and played around often as he was not happy with his wife.

In the end, he fell in love with a girl who was secretly sent by the Rigel family to disrupt the delicate balance between the four families. Their first target was the Fomalhaut family, then the next to fall would be the Aldebarans, and following not too long after would be the Betelgeuse. What family didn't possess the desire to be the top?

Anyway, Alex's mother of course was fully aware of her husband's trysts outside of their marriage but as she didn't care about him as long as her and her two year old daughter's position were stable she did not feel the need to complain to her family. The Fomalhaut family were also aware but could not do anything unless her mother stepped up first.

Furthermore, Alex's capabilities were unquestionable and would surely even surpass the current head of the Aldebaran family. She was only two and was already capable of speaking and reading books too complex even for high schoolers!

One day, the head brought back to the Aldebaran family his mistress and his illegitimate daughter.

The Aldebaran family did not have any male heirs, but as a futuristic society gender did not matter. What truly mattered was the skill of the heir or heiress and if it aligned with the family's interests.

Seeing that the man actually had the audacity to outwardly challenge her, Alex's mother did not hesitate to call upon her family to enact justice to uphold her and her daughter's positions as the legitimate wife and daughter of the Aldebaran family.

Unfortunately, even though she was able to uphold their position in the family while suppressing the whore and her spawn, she didn't realize that the food and drink provided by her husband had been poisoned since the time of their marriage. It was an extremely slow-acting poison that was administered each time in small doses as well as unscented and uncolored. It was even undetectable by the silverware and thus she never realized the ugly truth until she was bedridden.

Fearing for her daughter's future, Alex's mother didn't hesitate to send her to her own family to adopt before she hit the bucket. Unfortunately, she died not too long after and was unable to foresee that her husband could be so ruthless as to intersect the messengers along with his own daughter, killing the grunts and dragging Alex back to the Aldebaran family to suffer a life worse than death.

How could he let such a genius daughter benefit another family?

The Fomalhaut family were kept in the dark about Alex's treatment but even if they knew, the old head was dead due to old age and the current head had his own problems to worry about. They weren't an orphanage.

So, Alex was forced to suffer injustice despite her superiority over her own illegitimate little sister, Alice, who had an inferiority complex and was spoiled rotten by both of her parents.

She complained to her father that she wanted to be the heiress to the family so that she could help him lead the Aldebarans to higher heights and of course the doting father who thought with his lower half spent no longer than a night to decide that his mistresses daughter had more of a right to the family than his other daughter who clearly had more to do with the Fomalhaut family than his own. Also, he just wanted to extort her and had no real desire to treat her as family.

Alex's "ties to the Fomalhaut family" died along with her mother, though, obviously, as the Fomalhaut family never stepped into their business even once after her mother's death. But the Aldebaran head didn't care about that, as half of their blood was coursing through her veins.

Many years passed, and eventually Alex ended up the way she did, in that abandoned building and working for the underground society doing the dangerous jobs that she originally should not have meant to be doing as the legitimate daughter of a big family. Of course, the culprit was Alice, who wanted to show her how much more power she had as the real legitimate heiress. Also, she was just jealous that Alex was better than her in every way.

So, when they met again with Alex being perfectly fine and even more beautiful than before, Alice could not hide the hostility in her eyes as they greeted each other in her office at the research facility.

33