Arc 4.23 Queen Mother
2.2k 0 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nile and Alex had already parted ways at the front desk of the headquarters. Nile was, after all, a soldier while Alex was a researcher. Their bureaus were located in different blocks of the expansive headquarters.

"I guess this is where the saying that roaches live long and persistently comes into play, huh, older sister?"

Behind the large desk sat a young girl barely two years younger than Alex. Her long legs were crossed as she leaned back against the chair. Short, curly reddish-blonde hair held back by a sapphire blue headband with similarly colored gems lacquered on it forming a beautiful flower on the top left side adorned the girl's head as her provocative, wide azure orbs with hints of violet glared into Alex's own pale blue ones. Lips pulled into a contemptuous sneer, instead of an innocent little sister, Alice looked much more like the embodiment of the word, bitch.

To her snide greeting, Alex shrugged and sat herself down upon an empty cushioned seat across from the desk. Her own languid movements naturally seductive as her longer and slender legs rested upon the coffee table in front of her, arms splayed across the back of the loveseat. Tilting her head slightly, Alex glimpsed at Alice's reaction of disgust and anger from the side of her eyes.

"You're very welcome for coming back with such precious specimens, little sis."

She winked at the other girl as a proud smile pasted itself across her flawless face.

Before the other girl could say anything, Alex covered her mouth with her right hand as she yawned, tears squeezing out at the tips of her eyes,

"Truthfully, I only came by to tell you that since I took up the responsibility of bringing those things back with so much hardship, I was afraid you would screw them up somehow, putting all of our collected efforts to waste."

She paused, to let it all sink in and to add in a more dramatic effect.

"So, I already got permission to take charge of experimenting on them. You don't have to do a thing. Aren't you glad?"

It was true. She got permission from Nile as the one in charge. Hugging a golden thigh in each world was definitely the next best thing after making out with it.

She got up, mock saluting to her superior, before turning to leave,

"That is all."

Alex heard the chair shuffling behind her as Alice abruptly rose from her chair, pointing her finger at the redhead who had just told her that her long-awaited job had been stolen right from her hands.

"You! You FUCKING bitch!"

Alice was lucky her office was quite isolated from the rest of the research facility as her loud screeching voice echoed throughout the hall towards Alex's back.

The job was, after all, the biggest one that the research department had received in decades. It was her chance to make a name for herself and stabilize her position as the heiress to the Aldebaran family. A name that could boost her confidence over her eternally more competent older sister, Alex.

Unfortunately, Alex had come back alive and her knowledge of the alien species succeeded everyone else in the colonies. It was only right that she took the lead in the experiments.

In the original timeline, Alex had died and Lily had carelessly thrown the alien species into the lab uncaring of what was to happen to them since she had plans to take over the human population anyway. So while Alice did reap the benefits it did not last very long until the aliens rebelled and decimated the entire human race.

Even if Alex didn't receive the task, she would have taken the opportunity to pummel Alice through the mud. If she didn't do that, how else was she expected to spend her time in the world? She couldn't just sit back and be a housewife to her husband as that was too boring even for her, and she was very lazy.

When she returned to the front doors of the headquarters main building, Alex did not see Nile. Assuming he hadn't finished his business yet, she didn't feel the necessity to wait so she left. She was a busy woman, after all.

Bringing down bitches and unruly families was what she set out to do, marriage would come naturally so why put in the extra effort by waiting ah?

Even though the task only required her to make the Aldebarans regret, Alex wanted very much to just swipe all of their power out of their hands. Little kids should not have more than they could handle and clearly the Aldebaran head had too much in his hands that he was getting wild with his lust and greed.

When she pulled up the news on the way to the headquarters that morning, the headline was to die for.

Apparently, he had impregnated his secretary, enraging his mistress to no end. The secretary was already eight months pregnant and the child was allegedly reported to be a male, obviously becoming the biggest threat to Alice now, which was an even larger reason for Alice to become distressed that she was not able to get the job.

Originally. Alice had wanted to talk and negotiate an alliance with Alex today about that and their positions in the family.

After all, while the current world did not judge based on gender, the people were still heavily biased towards males. Of course the Aldebaran head was slightly disappointed that he had not had a male heir throughout all of those years.

Actually, even after bringing his mistress in he still slept around a lot. Once a cheater, always a cheater, they said. She didn't know about it though as the Rigel household had no obligation to let her know. She was only supposed to drive a wedge between the Fomalhaut and Aldebaran families while remaining their chess piece in the latter.

Also, she always believed that she was the head's true love, so she never suspected him. He always slept with her at night, to make things much more believable, and only cheated on her during the day when he was expected to be at work. If she had only visited him more often, it would have been obvious that he'd slept with almost every female worker under him in the bureau.

Alice was purposefully assigned by him to the isolated office so that she would not hinder his fun at work. It was all so well-planned out that Alex didn't even know whether to sigh or give him a standing ovation. Not that any of that mattered to her.

The original was well-aware of the entire situation but why would she care? For all she knew, that man was not her father but the murderer of her mother and Alice and her mother were just home wreckers who made her life worse.

Honestly, even if the Rigel and Aldebaran families were two of the top families in this world, Alex felt that the system administrators were looking down on her abilities for considering such easy missions and tasks as level three. This didn't mean she was going to let her guard down again, though.

After all, she did fail her first level three world previously, and that was not a pleasant experience--losing 10000 points...

Also, now she had a child to worry about, though it wasn't very much of a concern to her, maybe? It's not like anyone aside from Nile knew about her pregnancy at the moment, and even if she was offered poison, unless given by another host, 001 could detect it.

Even more so, unless it was another host that attacked her directly, she was confident that no one in the world could harm her, much less kill her.

So, until they confirmed that the world was clear of other hosts, which was what Nile had agreed to do with his own connections by checking up on any suspicious individuals, Alex wanted to play around with those so-called four great families that the original hated so much.

30