Arc 4.27 Queen Mother
2.2k 2 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When they arrived at the hospital, Alice and her mother were already there waiting outside in the hallway with ashen faces. There was no way they would be as happy as the Aldebaran head, who was in the delivery room with the secretary cheering her on.

If the real Alex were there, surely, the only thing on her mind would be: how ironic.

Sure, neither her nor her mother truly loved the man, but that wasn't the same for Alice and the mistress. But like she said earlier, once a cheater, always a cheater. Also, if it wasn't blatantly obvious enough already, the Aldebaran patriarch was the epitome of scum, a lusty man who could never have enough.

Hell, Alex was hard pressed to believe that the secretary was really the only one who was pregnant with his child at this point in time! For all she knew, there could be another woman who was a few weeks, if not months pregnant knocking on their manor door not too long from now.

It was more surprising that he hadn't brought in a full batch of children for the past twenty or so years, with how unrestrained his sex life was. One could only say that maybe he wasn't such a fertile man for better or worse.

Of course, Nile didn't allow Alex to go anywhere alone ever since he found out she was pregnant (not that he would have left her alone even if she wasn't), so he had accompanied her to the hospital. This was what the Aldebaran head wanted anyway, otherwise he never would have invited Alex over.

His thought process was extremely simple. If he could convince Alex to have Nile support his newborn son, then everything would be perfect--both families would be happy. He honestly didn't care which of his daughters managed to hook the Betelgeuse only heir as he initially only wanted to mend the two family's relationship. It was actually a bonus that Alex was his first wife's daughter, that way they could even possibly mend the relationship with the Fomalhaut household with Nile involved. As for Alice and his mistress, he found them to be eyesores as of late with their accusatory glares and tears. He had already loved them dearly for the last twenty years. He didn't understand why they were upset.

Really, his thinking was just too obvious that Alex couldn't even laugh anymore. First of all, if he wanted to mend the relationship with the Fomalhaut family, he should have never broken it in the first place. And secondly, why did he think Alex would actually care? She was just there at the hospital to watch a show.

It was seriously the most boring thing in the world to be treated like a piece of treasure. While she loved being extremely lazy, Nile never let her drink any alcohol or play around with her sword anymore. She was already used to him clinging to her side all day long from the previous worlds so there really weren't any complaints there, but it really got on her nerves that she wasn't allowed to do anything remotely fun or even just emotionally stimulating--even if she knew it was for the sake of her child. The only thing that she enjoyed the past month was the sex.

And the food he made.

So, how could Alex give up the chance to watch a good show ensue at the expense of her own "family?" This was expected to be a first-class drama! Not only was there the original legitimate daughter on the scene, there was the classic illegitimate sister, her mistress mother, the slag dad, the second mistress, the illegitimate newborn son, and most importantly the golden thigh that was her own husband! Now, this, was a first-class cast.

As for how the act would be, she wasn't sure but she had a vague idea. Alex was pining on the fact that Nile was a trophy that everyone wanted for themselves, so Alice would make some moves that would ultimately humiliate herself which would heighten her anger and hatred towards her (Alex). Then, right when she's about to lash out, the baby would be declared to have been born interrupting her.

The mistress's face would turn pale and look extremely pitiful. Then like mother like daughter maybe she would even want to go for Nile for a sense of comfort and in hopes of making her own unreliable husband feel a sense of jealousy and crisis at the thought of losing her to another man.

Then, as her husband Nile attracted all the bees and butterflies while she is shooed away and shoved into the dark corner, her scum of a father would come out to see his own lover fondling another man right in front of him. In his anger, he would temporarily forget about the newborn son and even though he is clear of Nile's superior identity he was a senior so he wouldn't hesitate to take the white-haired man down a notch.

Noticing that the father of her son had forgotten about them, the secretary in the bed would attempt to get up from the bed and accidentally hurt herself, eliciting feelings of pity from the slag man who gets the dumb idea of retaliating against his lover by showing her how much he loved the secretary and making the mistress jealous.

Things would happen and maybe even get a little steamy since the slag man was the involved party and nothing was ever pg-13 with him around, so when the scum man would start feeling up the secretary, the mistress and Alice would unite and try to rape her dear husband right in front of her. And even though she would kill the two because of it, for the sake of the situation being a drama, Alex would look on as her husband didn't refuse the two women's approaches. Out of depression and disbelief, Alex would panic and experience a flow of different emotions all at once, putting her child in danger but it would be a good thing that they were currently in a hospital so nothing would really happen to her little baby but it would still make her want to annihilate the two women and Nile for endangering her precious little bump.

She would pass out from the pain like all the cliché heroines did, then Nile would panic and feel very regretful and apologetic but--like the undeserving male leads of those stereotypical novels she used to read-- not do anything to the hateful step-sister or mistress because they were also pitiful and beautiful women.

But because she was such a magnanimous woman Alex would end up forgiving him and they would be all lovey-dovey in the hospital until her step-sister couldn't take it anymore then bribed one of the nurses to cause her to miscarry. In her grief, Alex would suicide, then the male lead Nile would become depressed and finally kill everyone and then himself. The end.

Throughout the entire play in her mind, Alex experienced a myriad of emotions from interest, to extreme schadenfreude, and then from anger to hellbent murderous. Even if it was just a play, wasn't it too much to kill her little baby? Also, if her little baby ever died she wouldn't just suicide and be done with it. She would make sure to get Alice and her mother pregnant then kill their kids in their wombs like they did to her. She would do it over and over again until they felt like it was better to just die.

As for Nile that cheating bastard, there was no reason to stay with him after he let their child be threatened the first time. If he let it happen once of course it could happen a second time so she wouldn't hesitate to leave his sorry ass. The only reason her child was threatened in the first place was because he couldn't keep the pesky bees and butterflies at bay.

Sensing that his position was in danger for no valid reason, Nile looked down to find his wife pondering to herself darkly, muttering,

"Just leave him, he's an asshole."

As they were currently standing together in the hallway right outside of the delivery room a fair distance away from Alice and the mistress, the crazy scenario in Alex's head had yet to play out in reality.

Slightly aware of his wife's delusional dramas and thoughts that had gone haywire during the past month of her pregnancy, Nile felt extremely helpless.

"Baby, how did I wrong you this time? I promise you I won't let it happen," he knelt down and held her two small and cold hands in his own as he looked upwards at her irritated scowl.

Last time, she told him that he had cooked up poison for her that made her miscarry her little baby so she threatened to cut him up and throw him into stew to feed to the dogs. Then in the next lifetime she'd jump on him only to get pregnant again then elope with another man that wouldn't kill her precious child.

When he heard her talk about the poison and stew, Nile couldn't help lifting his lips upward into a handsome smile and took delight on the fact that his wife was daydreaming about him albeit he was the villain but it was still a dream, which meant she was thinking of him. Besides, he had diligently read up on all of the existing and non-existing files and books about pregnancies, so he knew what and what not to do--hell, he could even personally deliver the baby in case of an emergency.

But, the moment Alex mentioned eloping with another man with his child, Nile's smile froze and he picked his little wife up bridal style, brought her into the bedroom, and patiently taught her how much he loved her and how he could never bear to harm his own child even on accident.

"You will let those two pretty little things touch you alllllllllllll over your body and even reciprocate eventually, and then," her scowl grew even more prominent, "I would experience all sorts of crazy emotions and the fluctuation would cause me to feel lightheaded, then I would faint and endanger the life of my little baby."

Alex hatefully glared down at Nile, that irresponsible man who would indirectly cause her to miscarry in the freaking hospital!

Nile, being the shameless man he was, disregarded the silly nonsense that his cute wife spouted about him playing around with other women and directly honed in on one glaring detail.

"You were jealous," he was confident that was the emotion she unconsciously felt in her silly delusion. It wasn't exactly a good thing for her pregnancy, though, so he immediately quelled his happiness and solemnly swore to her with conviction clear in his pale cyan orbs,

"The moment those two get within a two-meter radius from us will be their deaths. I promise you this."

Then, as if to seal it, he raised himself abruptly while slightly pulling her downwards with his palm on the back of her neck and kissed her passionately. He couldn't help deepening the kiss since he was so happy that Alex was showing some feelings toward himself albeit unconsciously. 

"Oh," Alex breathed out once Nile released the kiss. She was satisfied with his answer since that meant nothing in the hospital could endanger the life of her child.

Alice, who had been watching from her seat in front of the delivery room door, was finally fed up with the dog food! She was initially waiting for the two to have an argument since that was what it had looked like when they were coming in. Excited that her chance to sweep Nile up for herself had finally come, she wasn't expecting for the proud and aloof man to suddenly kneel down and promise Alex something that she couldn't hear with such a serious face!

Then, before Alice could even register what just happened, he! Kissed! Alex!

In her anger, she furiously walked up to the couple in large strides only to be stopped in her tracks a few feet away from them. Nile hadn't even glimpsed her way but she could feel the piercing, ruthless, and cold aura emitting from his back alone that threatened her to come even one step closer.

Feeling wronged, Alice couldn't help calling out in a pitiful voice as her tears welled up in her eyes, "Nile..."

But Nile acted as if he hadn't heard Alice when he suddenly picked up her older sister extremely gently, kissed her cheek tenderly, then strode past her without even looking at her.

All the while, he really maintained the distance of two meters ah! Even though he didn't mind killing the Aldebaran family, at the moment they were in the hospital and his wife was pregnant. Nile wanted to avoid bloodshed where his pregnant wife could see it. But, if the dumb women couldn't understand that he was leaving them a way out, he wouldn't be merciful and directly get rid of them without spilling blood if he had to.

37