Chapter 10: Fat Kid
119 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Go back to your husband, Freydis." Deimos said softly. The boy in him wouldn’t have hesitated to pounce on Freydis like a big cat but that boy is dead, lost in that Darkness forever.

"He is my husband but you are special." Freydis said as she went to face him, cheeks flushed and playful eyes. She caresses his cheeks, warming his face.

"Come and visit my villa." Freydis asks. As the wife of the Duke Siena, her villa is a magnificent mansion designed by the Master Architect Davinci. It was her husband’s gift on their wedding day.

"That’s-" Deimos tried to protest but Freydis sealed his lips with her delicate fingers to silence him.

"The Duchess Siena implores the Duke of Delos. I will wait patiently." Freydis says, then quickly departs like a red lightning bolt.

What devious games is she playing?  The thought occupies Deimos as he walked to the hearth hall. Only the Gods knows what game she is playing but Freydis has a cunning mind. Deimos calculated and modeled various scenarios in his head what are the result of him going to her villa. He arrived at the conclusion that none of it is appealing to him. With the most likely outcome decided, Deimos vanished the thought. He felt hunger and decided to eat.

 

The Hearth hall is a quiet and cozy room where important guest and family members converse. In the center is the giant hearth were its intensity and size don’t match the heat level it gives off. It feels warm like the touch of sunlight. Near the walls are long tables laden with delicious pickings currently being ravaged by a chubby lad same the girth of Deimos yet half as small.  Deimos approached the kid silently until he hugs the kid from behind and tosses him into the air.

"Shit!" The fat child cursed as he flopped to the floor with a thud. He turned and saw Deimos chuckling.

"Very mature, Deimos." Drusus struggled to stand up under his weight. The fat son of Acxus resembles nothing like his father. Deimos heard the rumors that Drusus's mother is inferior in genes and status, that he is far cry from his sister Hermesia the Banshee, and brother, Brave Hektor. 

Deimos extends his hand to help expecting it to be rejected yet Drusus took it. Drusus will not admit it but Deimos might be the only genuine companion he has. When it comes to him, Deimos is a rascal and always sets him up for pranks yet treated him like a brother, protecting him from those bastards, Marcus and Crassus.

"You still have appetite after dinner?" Deimos raised his eyebrows as Drusus continued to put food on his plates.

4