Chapter 14: Sober
153 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Deimos notices a Shield Maiden at his room’s door standing like a beautiful statue when he returned from the bath. These GeneBorn humans are assigned to protect important persons. Their ability is equal to that of a Knight. That is why Shield Maidens are extremely expensive. That is a dark truth about them, they are bred and raised to become warriors, slaves, and toys for anyone who can buy them. The sigil of the Mandrake was imprinted in her hands. There are only few companies who have the license to operate as Breeding Farms in the kingdom. The Mandrake Company produces the top of the line GeneBorn humans.

Deimos feels his blood boil at the thought but centers himself. He peeks into his room and glimpses a silhouette sitting at his bed. Deimos signals the room system to illuminate and realizes who is sitting on his bed, he goes to his small kitchen.

"What brings you here, Anastasia? And how did you get access to my room?" Deimos asks as he prepared a creamy coffee full of honey at almost scalding temperature. Deimos deftly prepares the coffee and hands it to Anastasia.

"It irks me so much that you remember these insignificant details yet blind to the obvious signs people give." Anastasia says after she savors the coffee keeping it in her mouth before gulping, "Prepared just the way I like it, hot and creamy. It was relatively easy, i just have to add a few lines of code then voila, open sesame."

Anastasia is many things uptight, a socialite, vindictive but underneath that facade is a dangerous Cyber Engineer, who can manipulate code and electronics easily as Deimos with a sword.

"What do you want, Anastasia?" Deimos asks, genuinely curious. She didn’t like him at all, always giving him the cold silent treatment. This is the first time she came to him.

"You." Anastasia says coyly as she puts down the coffee porcelain.

"What do you mean?" Deimos tilts his head at the remark.

Before his eyes, Anastasia peels off her dress revealing an alluring figure that would make men go mad.

"I have been thinking of you." Anastasia purrs as she stands up and slowly walks towards him.

"Anastasia…" Deimos tries to speak but Anastasia sealed his lips with a kiss. He could smell the heavy alcohol in her breath. It stinks of vomit, Deimos helds his breath lest he smells the foul odor. She grabs his hand and pulls him to his bed. Anastasia tries to strip him of his clothes. 

Deimos frantically tries to think of something that might snap Anastasia out of her drunken state. He knows she does not love him, so why would she do this? She has many boy lovers as so-called friends so she doesn’t lack physical intimacy. So, what caused her to drown her sorrows with booze and forced herself on him? It is not because of something he did but something he has . There is only one person she really cares about and that person is….

"Do you love Apollonia?" Deimos fires his miracle shot, his last prayer for salvation.

"Of course, I love her. She is my precious best friend. " Anastasia replies as she pins down Deimos. 

"Not that kind of love." Deimos looks directly into her eyes. Anastasia’s face slowly turns from smirking amusement to widened eyes as she realizes what he is saying.

"Is that why you despise me because you love her so much?" Deimos sees her reaction and delivers the knockout punch. Anastasia slaps Deimos but the only thing he felt are the warm tears dripping on him.

"I hate you, you bastard!" Anastasia cries. "Why you? What is so damn special about you?Why can’t it be me?"

Deimos stayed silent as her tears came pouring on his face. What do people do in a situation like this? Knock her out? With no logical choice, he reluctantly embraced her. That is what people do when someone is in pain. Right? 

Anastasia cries in his arms, bathing in the warmth she felt from Apollonia but was never meant for her. As she calms down, Deimos took the chance to slip out of her grip. Deimos stands up and disappears to his foyer to fetch something.

"You should take this." Deimos says as he hands her a vial.

"A MoonMilk? You bastard, do you want to fuck me? At least, you have the decency not to get me pregnant." Anastasia chuckles, slurring. "Well, come on then. Don’t be shy. Nothing can hurt me anymore."

"No, you alcoholic idiot. Its ClearDawn, to burn away the head ache and prevent memory loss." He didn’t want Anastasia to forget this incident. It would be an absolute embarrassment to explain how she end up in his room.

"Tch, give me that." Anastasia drinks the whole vial, "Its bitter."

"Now, can you go?" 

"No!" Anastasia refuses, dives under the covers, clearly drunk. Deimos slaps his face. Ugh, give me a break.

"Tell me, Deimos. Do you love Apollonia?" Anastasia peeks from the covers.

"I do not know what I feel." Deimos says as he slumps on his bedside chair. He was never the same after that traumatic experience. The Darkness stripped him of his humanity. Now, he feels like he is wearing a human-suit, a good mime of human emotions. Does he want to feel again after experiencing all the horrors he went through, all the horrible things he had done? 

"And you think I’m a cold bitch?" Anastasia accuses him which Deimos plays dumb, “I know you think of me like that. Do not deny it.” Hermesia adds.

“I wasn’t going to deny it.” Deimos answers which made her cackle like a witch.

"Right, now get out. I will call your maid." Deimos says as he tries to call for her Shield Maid.

"No! If you force me, I will shout." Anastasia threatens him, bursting from the blanket covers exposing her chest. Deimos has no choice but to sit back down.

"You are being difficult." Deimos moans.

"I will leave in the morning after I get sober. I will sleep here tonight and you are not allowed to touch me. If you do so, I will tell everyone you raped me." Anastasia says. Deimos tries to stare her down hoping she would be intimidated into leaving but she wouldn’t back down, she is not bluffing. So, he gave up.

"Suit yourself." Deimos breathes, exasperated.

“I just discovered that Father wants to marry Apollonia to that dirty Mandrake family.” Anastasia says from the bed. Her head must be in a spiral for her to confide in him. The sleep medicine he secretly put on the vial is starting to work.

So, it is true. Deimos thought, it was one of the things he wouldn’t believe from the report of his spies but this confirms it. There has always been a certain stain associated with the Mandrakes even with their vast wealth. Most nobles distanced themselves from the Mandrakes and only those who are desperate came to them. Then again, this is Brutus, the man who wants to be king, who forced Freydis to the arms of another man to protect her family.

“I will protect you. I promise.” Anastasia murmurs as she drifts to sleep. Deimos covers her body with his blanket. He sits in his chair to ruminate the ramifications of the marriage alliance. Deimos drifts to sleep knowing he will have the same nightmare every time, the one that haunted him everyday. 

Should I add an erotic fan-service chapter that happened in an alternate reality (non-canon)?
  • Yes Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Votes: 7 100.0%
Total voters: 7
4