Yamanoue and Secrets
794 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Nice to meet you, Yamanoue-san. I'm Jiraiya, and these three are Minato, Jun, and Nozomi."

"Pleased to meet you."

Hearing Jiraiya's prompt, all three also greeted their client. While Minato and Nozomi bowed, Jun didn't bother, rolling his eyes.

Seeing this, Hiruzen smiled.

"It's my pleasure, degozaru... Even though you're all so young, I can tell that you hold immense power! I am lucky to have landed you three as my escorts."

Hearing this, Minato awkwardly laughed while Nozomi embarrassedly scratched her head. On the other hand, Jun's opinion of this guy was quickly plummeting. He hated boot-lickers.

"You all leave tomorrow at sunrise. This mission will last at least a week and a half, so prepare accordingly. Dismissed!"

Wishing to continue his never-ending work, Hiruzen quickly kicked them all out. Breathing in smoke from his pipe, he couldn't help but rejoice... Those three were very promising indeed.


"So that's how it is. I'm leaving tomorrow morning."

Placing his cup on the table, Jun wiped his mouth with a napkin as he finished explaining what happened at the Hokage's office. Looking up, he noticed both Aito and Akane's worried faces.

"You're leaving for a week and a half!? I don't want that..."

"Isn't that dangerous? You've only been a Genin for a single month!"

Both Aito and Akane were reluctant to see him leave. They knew that if he did, they would constantly be worried.

"Now, now. Jun will be accompanied by his sensei, so his safety shouldn't be a problem. Let him enjoy his life as a ninja."

Walking into the room with a plate full of dumplings, granny Mai smiled warmly. She too was worried, but she knew birds eventually had to leave their nest... If not, they would never fly.

"But grandma…"

"No buts! Jun has been asked to go by the Hokage himself, so he can't say no. Jun, we'll pray for your safety."

"Thanks, Mai-san. I promise I'll come back safe and sound."

'You better…'

Pouting, both Aito and Akane begrudgingly accepted it. After all, they couldn't argue with the granny's points.

"Aito, promise me you'll continue training whilst I'm away. If you do, I'll teach you a new Jutsu."

"Really? Ok!"

Hearing 'new Jutsu', Aito beamed and completely let go of the matter. Next to him, Akane looked a little jealous.

"Jun… Could you do me a favor?"

"Yeah...? Ask me anything."

Jun looked at Akane with a confused expression. She was not the type to ask for any favors, preferring to give them out instead, like him.

"I know it's a lot… But when you come back, can I join your training sessions along with Aito?"

"Oh... Just that? Sure thing."

Jun had already judged Akane's character. She was definitely worth training.

"Really? Thanks!"

Now extremely happy, Akane bit into one of the dumplings.

"Wow! These are so good, grandma!"


The next morning, team Jiraiya met back up at the village's entrance. All of them had backpacks with all the things they needed, such as soldier pills, a change of clothes and the like.

Since it was so early, the village was extremely quiet, with the occasional person starting to open up their shop. One had to say it was a very peaceful sight.

While they waited for Jiraiya and their client to arrive, Nozomi watched Minato with curiosity.

Unable to contain herself, she spat out what had been bothering her all this time.

"Oy, Minato. I can tell that Jiraiya-sensei has taken a liking to you. Did he teach you anything cool? Come on… Tell us..."

"Eh? It's nothing like that… He's just been giving me some lessons in his spare time… Nothing too crazy."

Minato raised his hands as he tried to dismiss the question.

"Ehhh? I don't believe it. Spit it out."

"Nozomi, if he doesn't want to speak, just leave him... Stop being nosy."

Next to them, Jun was in his typical napping position, watching her from the corner of his eye. Once said his piece, he got back to sleep.

"You…! Why are you never on my side!? Is it because I'm a Hyūga and your an Uchiha!?"

"So what if it is... Are you going to do anything about it? Just shut up and let me sleep."

To be truthful, Jun never really liked the Hyūga-clan... Just because they had the Senju's backing, they started hailing the Byakugan as the number one Dōjutsu...

Although Nozomi was alright, she too could be annoying sometimes, like now.

"Grr…"

Nozomi gnashed her teeth. It seemed like every time she spoke, the other two would immediately shoot her down. Was she even part of this team?

"Please calm down…"

Minato tried to calm things as he got in the middle of the two. He really didn't want his teammates to start fighting right before an important mission.

"Now now, you two should learn from Minato. Infighting is the worst thing that can happen to a three-man cell!"

With a puff of smoke, Jiraiya appeared in front of his students. He wore his usual greenish-black Kimono, but this time, he had some chainmail armor underneath[1]. He too carried a backpack.

"Hmph! You can keep your secrets!"

Like usual, Nozomi ignored the three guys and buried herself in her new book, 'The history of Cha No Kuni'. She had borrowed it yesterday, in hopes of learning more about their destination.

"What happened to her… Is she ok?"

Jiraiya whispered towards Minato and Jun, who both shrugged in response. Women weren't meant to be understood after all... It was a perfect excuse for them.

A few minutes later, their client, Yamanoue-san, arrived with a horse-carriage. Seeing it, Minato and Nozomi gaped in surprise… It was their first time seeing such a thing.

"Greetings, degozaru!"

Yamanoue waved at them from the driver's seat as he stopped the horses. He was wearing the same clothes, but this time, he had a Kasa[2] on his head, hiding half of his face.

Interested, Minato and Nozomi walked to the back of the carriage and looked inside. What they say was a bunch of materials and merchandise, from it, came a fragrant smell.

"So this is what we have to protect? Oh, it's tea!"

Smelling it, Nozomi's mood improved as she inspected everything.

"Of course, I would hope that this princess also protects me, degozaru... Hahaha."

Hearing the man's words, Nozomi smiled. He seemed like a nice guy, unlike her teammates and teacher.

Walking up to one of the two horses, Jun caressed its neck. Huffing, they hit the ground with vigor.

"Good horse!"

This was definitely a good horse. Although Jun was not fond of traveling on or with animals, he recognized the effort put into breeding and nurturing these stallions.

"Hahaha, the young man has a good eye! We, of the Ryokucha[3] family, take meticulous care with everything we do. That includes breeding horses! Thank you for your praise, degozaru."

"..."

Even though he liked the horses, Jun still didn't like Yamanoue. All he did was boot-lick those around him… Did he have no backbone...?

Then again, he was a merchant, so it was somewhat understandable.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] He looks like this, but with his forehead protector: bit.ly/2JwpHW9

[2] 'Kasa' is a traditional Japanese hat that features an oval shape.

[3] 'Ryokucha' Literally meaning: Green Tea

16