Grudges and Memories
657 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Welcome to the home of the Ryokucha, exalted ninja."

All of the elders nodded as the team entered. Seeing them arrive gave them some hope in a time of great uncertainty. After all, Konoha ninja always tended to fix their problems.

Cupping his fists, Jiraiya slightly bowed.

"Elders of the Ryokucha family, we've done some investigating over the last few hours, and managed to find some clues. Do you perhaps recognize this object?"

As Jiraiya's words trailed off, Jun walked to the front and took out the ring, showing it to the elders. Once they all had a look, Jiraiya continued.

"This was found in the room of one of the missing girls… There were clear signs of a struggle."

"This… This ring is proof of one's identity as a Wagarashi Samurai!"

The elders looked at each other with surprised faces… Although the Wagarashi family was underhanded with their methods, they never thought that they could stoop this low.

"As I thought…."

"Then again, it might be a setup… We don't know for sure if it really was the Wagarashi family. Do you know anyone who may have a grudge with them?"

Hearing Jiraiya's question, the elders sighed. There were just too many people that the Wagarashi had a grudge with.

"Jiraiya-dono, I'm sorry to say that if that were the case, it would be almost impossible to pinpoint them…"

"Is that so...? In that case, we can only suspect them. Tonight, we'll infiltrate the Wagarashi castle and attempt to get to the bottom of this. Don't worry, we won't get detected or cause any trouble."

Jiraiya looked towards Jun and Nozomi. With the technique he showed in training, and her Byakugan, it would be a piece of cake.

Not to mention that Jiraiya was a master of infiltrator himself, having entered countless female-only bath-houses, undetected.


That night, when most people inside the Wagarashi castle had fallen asleep, four figures appeared out of thin air.

Hidden by the darkness, they silently walked across the outer wall until the night guards came into their view. From the looks of it, they were both taking a nap.

Raising his hand, Jiraiya stopped. Looking behind him, he did a few signs with his hand as Minato and Jun nodded, disappearing.

A split second later, they reappeared near the guards and silently knocked them out. Seeing this, Jiraiya signaled for them to continue inside.

After reaching the entrance, instead of going in, they jumped on the roof and Jiraiya nodded towards Nozomi, who activated her Byakugan and looked inside the castle.

"There's a hall similar to the one in Ryokucha castle. Inside, some people are having a meeting... Apart from that, most people are sleeping… Also, there's a section behind that hall that my eyes can't see through… It's very weird."

Speaking in a hushed voice, she quickly drew the layout of the castle on a small piece of paper and showed the rest. Seeing it, Jiraiya's eyes narrowed.

"It must be some sort of seal… If the Byakugan can't see through it… There's definitely a ninja among them, and a strong one at that."

As he said that, Jiraiya turned towards Jun.

"Jun, it's your turn. Try to gather as much intel as you can."

"On it."

Forming a one-handed 'ram' seal, Jun merged into the castle and silently made his way to the hall, according to Nozomi's layout. After a while, he reached it and was greeted by the sight of four men sitting around a table.

"Elders… Our time of prosperity draws near… After tonight, we shall become the rulers of this land!"

The one who spoke seemed like the lord of the castle. He was a middle-aged man with short brown hair. Hearing his words, the elders raised their cups and drank happily.

"Once Onigetsu-sama is done with the sacrifice, the land of tea shall enter a new era… the era of Wagarashi!"

'Sacrifice...?'

Jun furrowed his brows... What were they talking about?


#

'What are they talking about?'

Deciding that he still didn't have enough proof, he kept on listening... As the elders drank, they spoke to each other with gleeful smiles.

"Those fools from the Ryokucha and Wasabi families… Serves them right to have lost all of their daughters!"

"Indeed! I'm sure that Onigetsu-sama will surely know how to keep them company!"

Hearing this, Jun's eyes narrowed. From the way, they were speaking…

Imagining it, anger filled his body as he thought about just killing them right there… But he knew it was better to keep them alive. Lifelong prison was worse than death, after all…

Retreating back to his teammates, Jun emerged out of the roof and told them about what he saw. They all became furious as they got up, ready to storm the place.

"Calm down… Let's be smart about it. Once we're in there, make sure you knock everyone out, apart from the middle-aged man in the center. Trust me."

Hearing Jun's words, the other three nodded. They didn't know what he was up to, but Jun would never do something without purpose.

Surrounding the hall, team Jiraiya waited for their sensei to give the signal. Once he raised his hand, they immediately jumped in and swiftly knocked out everyone in sight, including the guards.

Dropping his wine cup, the family lord took a few steps backward, tripping on his robe as he stared in fright.

"Wh-who are you!? Please don't kill me… I have money! I'll pay you anything!"

Ignoring his words, Jun walked up to him and grabbed him by the collar, raising him up.

"Now, let me crack your head open... Just be quiet, I promise it won't hurt too much…"

As his words trailed off, something happened that surprised Jiraiya and the rest. Jun's irises spun uncontrollably as they took on a red tinge.

A single tomoe appeared around both of his pupils, as he activated his clan's most renowned ability.

"The Sharingan!"

Recognizing his eyes, his teammates rejoiced. Looking at him, Jiraiya nodded in approval.

Blood seemed to drain from the man's head as his eyes reflected Jun's Sharingan. Seeing him fall unconscious, Jun threw him to the side. He then placed a hand on his face, organizing his thoughts.[1]

"I understand now… Onigetsu… Jashinists… They're over there!"

Shifting his gaze towards a bookshelf, Jun walked over to it and pulled one book out, causing the nearby chimney to split in two. Seeing this, Nozomi activated her Byakugan to look inside. A second later, she covered her mouth in horror.

"What do you see, Nozomi?"

"The girls… They're all tied up… They're all… Oh my god…"

She couldn't speak as her entire body trembled in fear. Seeing this, Jun walked up to her and placed both of his hands on her shoulders, looking at her in the eyes. His Sharingan spun, and Nozomi seemed to space out for a moment.

A few seconds later, she stopped shaking and calmed down. Jun had calmed her down through Genjutsu.

"Can you speak now? What's the situation inside?"

Breathing in, Nozomi closed her eyes before speaking.

"There's a bunch of hooded figures, and the girls are all tied up around one man. There's some kind of weird symbol drawn on the ground, and they're all chanting weird curses, something to do with Jashin."


[1] In the anime, it is shown that with advanced enough prowess, via eye contact, the user can even enter the target's mind to look through their memories, and even erase them within a long-range for several targets. Madara has used the Sharingan for so many years that he knows everything about it at this point.

 

14