3. A Pink Petal
548 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<<Initiating Instant Quest>>
<<Mandatory Instant Quest: Go for a jog>>
[Description: Run 2 km to get a better physique]
[Rewards: Gold +10, unlock stat ‘physique’]

Wait, What is this???

Remembering the quest scenarios that were introduced, I was reasonably convinced that this was one of those quests. 
Looking over the quest, my focus stopped over the word 'mandatory'. 
From what I remembered, there were punishments for not completing the mandatory quests.

Going out for a jog isn't so bad. I have plenty of time, and I should probably start exercising. I thought and decided to head over to the bathroom to quickly freshen up. 

Since most of my clothes were not here, I just found an old pajama pant and an old baggy t-shirt and headed over to the lawn.  
Living in a rich neighborhood came with its perks- one of them being a community playground just around the corner. 

I was fairly confident in my physical abilities. I do not know where I got that confidence from, but there was no doubt about it in my mind. 
However, reality is often harsh. 
I was panting within minutes. Sweat drizzled down my forehead, flowing into my eyes, making me unable to keep them open. 

Usually, I am not the one to care about how I look and what people think. But, I was a little ashamed of myself. I might be because my self-confidence was broken or multitudes of other reasons, but right now I just wanted to stop. 

Unable to keep it up, I just collapsed with my back to the ground. 
"This is harder than I thought.' I mumbled while still panting.
My other reason for the pain was the text which was still covering my eyes. 

[Progress: 668/2000 m]

I apologize if I don't get this right, But are you frigging telling me that I ONLY ran 668 meters so far? 
It was like I was slapped on my face with a flower still in the pot. Reality is harsh, and crying over it is not what I do.
Taking a moment to catch my breath, I pulled myself up again and motivated myself by giving a quick slap on the cheeks and wiping all the unnecessary sweat with the sleeve of my t-shirt. 
I should bring a towel with me next time. I thought, clearly ignoring the fact that I was thinking of 'next time' without even realizing it. 

Just as I was about to start running again, I heard someone calling my name loudly, and yes, you guessed it right. It was my sister coming over waving her hand frantically at me. She was wearing a sleeveless black hoodie which came over to her upper thighs, and a pink sports short that was barely peeking through. 

"Why did you not tell me that you were coming too? I would have waited for you." She said unhurriedly. 

I was astonished a little about how comfortable she was after running. Steady breaths, not much trace of sweat, and still jumping up and down on the spot. 
The little remnants of my confidence took a dive. I decided that no matter what, I am going to be the best runner. Maybe I should even sign up for a marathon in the upcoming month. If I run daily, I will probably run faster and longer. There is no way that I am THAT weak. 

Pushing down my galloping thoughts, I said "I wasn't going to, but I was bored, so I just decided to come over."
No way I'm telling anyone about quests, lest they take me for a madwoman. 

"Alright, let's go for a run together. Come on!" She said enthusiastically."

"No, no. You go ahead. I am going to just walk around." Even though I said that, the reason why I wished she would just go and leave me alone was because I was embarrassed.

She smiled, pulled my arms, and dragged me along. Just when I was going to say something, she shushed me, "Nonsense! Since we are here, we are going to run together... Let's take a few breaks in between."
I guess she already knew about my condition.

I smiled and followed after her. We ran for a while, when I stopped for breaks, she did some exercises, and eventually the counter filled up.

 

[Progress: 2123/2000 m]
[Mandatory Instant Quest: Go for a jog complete]

<<Initiating Rewards system>>
The following rewards have been deposited. 

[Rewards]

  1. 50 coins
  2. 'Physique' unlocked

 

Out of breath, I called out to her and told her that I was done for the day. I am pretty sure that she exercises more, but she nodded and decided to follow me home. I was in no condition to run so we decided to slowly walk home.

I am not sure what to anticipate, but there were no new notifications on the system, and my vision was clear. It was a refreshing feeling.
We were greeted by our bickering parents in the kitchen as soon as we entered the house. The reason for fight allegedly being the choice of jams with pancakes. 

"Leysan sweetie, did you like the gift?" My dad turned over and asked me while shooing away at my mother with his other hand.

Recollecting the events that took place last night and the possible connection of the system with the mirror, I decided to just stay quiet and figure out the situation before I involved others. However, I still needed more information about it. 

I smiled and nodded, "Yes, it was very beautiful. I have never seen such a beautiful and unique carving. I was actually curious about it. Can you help me get any research or information about the mirror?"

My dad laughed and nodded, "Sure, I will ask my friend for any information." He stopped, took a sip of juice, and continued eating.

"You should also go and get a bath. Your dad and I will be leaving soon. I have asked Elena to make breakfast for you, make sure you eat it before you are dragged along with Katya."

Elena was a maid in our house, She was the wife of my dad's driver. Both of them used to live behind the mansion in the quarters. I have known Elena for a long time because she was the one who used to look after me when I was young. I have been given baths, fed, and even sent to sleep by her. 

Closing the door behind me, I was welcomed by the fresh smell of jasmine. Apparently, the room had been cleaned while I was out. 

Gulping down two glasses of water, I headed straight to the bathroom. 
I was so tired that I actually wanted to go lie in the bed for the rest of the day but I figured that was not a possibility unless I wanted a buzzing bee on my head for the rest of the day.
Quickly undressing, I hopped into the warm shower. Since we were going out, I decided to shampoo. 
Getting out of the shower, I realized that I forgot the bring in a fresh change of clothes. My progressing lack of awareness was concerning, but I blamed it on fatigue, wiped myself with a towel, wrapped it around myself, and headed out.

I just put on a comfortable pair of t-shirt and pajama and went out to satisfy my hunger. My body was sore all over, but it was not a bad feeling. I felt fresh and energetic. This was a new feeling and I was totally digging it.
Elena saw me coming and smiled. She started preparing breakfast and poured me a cup of tea.

I was startled as a message appeared in front of my eyes again just when I took the first sip.


[
Daily calorie intake: 0/2000 ]
[This is not a quest, but a lifestyle modification according to the desires and needs of the player.]

I know better than you how many calories I need to take you jerk. I snapped back in my mind.

Still, I knew better than anyone that my diet was all over the place. Some of the days, I ate too much, and somedays, nothing. A visual reminder was nice, even though it was particularly annoying if it was going to stay in my field of vision the entire time.

I don't want to see this. 
Just as I thought, the calorie counter disappeared and a new message popped up.


[
Calorie counter has been hidden from view. You like to set an alarm if you are about to go over or under the limit?]

Sure, whatever. Do what you please, but keep it hidden. I was losing patience over this system's nagging. 

Soon Katya came over and joined me. We were served jam and pancakes. Since I was still feeling hungry, which was unusual for me. Elena prepared a bowl of Vareniki which I finished at an astonishing speed. 

Elena laughed, "I have never seen you eat so much. You should go for a run daily if it increases your appetite." 

I made a sour teasing face and decided not to follow up on that comment. Elena returned to her work, leaving Katya and me alone in the dining room. 
"What are you going to wear? Do you even have any clothes left here to go out in?" She inquired. 

"I went through the wardrobe earlier. I found my jeans and a blouse. I think I am set." 

Katya blinked a few times, "No, no no no no. Sister, my dear dear sister. I love you but let's wear something nice. I have a reputation to keep." She pleaded.

Even though I was annoyed, I could only agree since this was a part of her job. That being said, I had already decided that I am going to change. Even though I did not show it, I was suspiciously excited about wearing some nice clothes.

I raised my hand in defeat. "I don't have anything else to wear. We can go to my apartment and change there."

"I don't trust your fashion sense. Plus, I already know what your wardrobe looks like. Just come to my room later and I will pick a dress for you." 
I was about to say when I shushed the second time today. "No arguments, You already said you want to try new things last night. Might as well start now."

We finished our breakfast and went to our rooms. I picked up my phone and started checking my emails. I found the certificate of teaching and the letter from the university dean. He had sent me a list of students that would be joining later. 

I spent some time reading about the methods of teaching and a few videos on how to maintain charisma as a professor. Pretty standard for anyone taking up a new position, the anxiety was natural.

It was about 10:00, and I decided to head over to my sister's room. I was dragged inside and made to sit on her bed and as she went over to the wardrobe muttering to herself. She handed me a pink-colored pleated skirt that reached down to my knees and a blue full-sleeved striped blouse that had frills down my right and left shoulder. 
She looked me up and down, nodded, and wrestled with her wardrobe a few more minutes before handing me a new pack of stockings and a pair of pink heels.

"I am not wearing heels. They are uncomfortable and I swear to god I am going to fall in those." I exclaimed. The dress looked pretty, and I had never worn anything like it before, but I was pretty excited about wearing it. However, the heels! I don't think I can walk straight in those heels.  

Thinking it over, she went back and brought me another pair of heels, which were smaller and had thicker heel unlike the previous one. 
"These are 3' heel, and should be fairly comfortable. Since you have not shaved your leg, remember to wear your stockings. Don't go around without them in skirts." She explained seriously.

Unable to calm my mind which was super excited about wearing the new dress, I smashed the door behind me and undressed quickly.
Searching in the wardrobe, I found an old set of bra and panties which had only been worn once before. The bra was a size smaller and was from the time when I wore it for the graduation last year. Pulling it over my breasts, I adjusted the bra to find it a little tight and snug It wasn't as uncomfortable as I expected it would be, but it sure made a point of pushing my breasts up and acting like a push-up and creating a cleavage of sorts. 
I was amazed with myself because I did not find it bad, rather I was finding it sexy. I slipped on the matching panties and turned towards the mirror and did some poses. My pale skin against the soothing pink undergarment looked surprisingly hot. 

I felt a blush creep up my face as I shyly picked up my phone and to take some pictures of myself in the underwear. To those who don't know, my phone's gallery is 90% full of notes and research papers, while the 10% is full of my sister's selfies that she tends to keep sending me.
Personally, I have never been a fan of taking photos, but today I was feeling a little special. Using the mirror, I took photos of myself. Realizing what I was doing made me weirdly excited and my stomach was full of butterflies. Turning around to look in my mirror, I saw my panty-clad butt. A shiver ran through me as the hair on my body stood on the edges. Getting goosebumps from looking at myself was a new experience.

Deciding to calm down, I quickly pulled up the stockings followed up by the skirt. I looked again in the mirror to be blessed by a sight I never thought I'd see. I was a little shy at the sight of a bra clad upper body and a fulled dressed lower body created a distinct harmony in my mind. 
By now, my face was flushing red and I decided to take a few more pictures. 
I did not know which demon had taken over me, but for the first time in my life, I was excited at wearing something so scandalous. It was not that I was uncomfortable with my body, but more like all these years, I had never really really cared about such things as which clothes to wear and how I look.

Finally, picking up the top, I realized that only the top of the blouse had a button and the remaining part was made to stick with a velcro of sorts to avoid endowed women peeks from between the buttons. The chances of mishap seemed low as the quality of dresses was no doubt the best. 

Putting on my heels, I picked up my purse and headed out to the living room where I found my sister sitting in a grey-pink colored dress. She was looking cute to say the least. 

"Did you put on the makeup or are you all shy wearing the dress?" She teased my blushed face. 
She ruffled through her purse and picked out a lipstick, "Come here, put on this lipstick."

I pouted in annoyance but still allowed her to put on a pink lipstick on me.

"Let's go" she bellowed as we headed out.

Leysan has finally started exploring more of herself as she finds out that there is a world outside the books. Perhaps, a more vibrant one.

Vareniki was an unnecessary addition, but I promised that this novel will also try to explore the cultures. Vareniki is one of my favorite breakfast dishes. It is a vegetarian dish made of different combinations of veggies, most common of them being mushrooms, cabbage, onions, potato and sometimes berries. The flavor differs from the stuffings, potatoes and mushroom ones are usually very savory, while the berries and onions might vary from sweet to sour. 

Here is a link for the images for this chapter.
I tried to find the images that relate to what I have written over writing about the images that I found. So, it is better to just see these images as reference.

Please take a moment to leave your suggestions in the form of comments if possible ^^.

 

11