Chapter 5: Calamities and Gods
518 6 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I sighed. This has to be one of our most uncooperative escorts. For starters, most people hire adventurers for themselves so they have a reason to cooperate; less so are the ones hired to guard someone else, though, even in that case the escorts can still understand the situation they are in.

The worst cases are the bratty blue-blooded children. Their parents hire unsuspecting adventurers and then they have to babysit an entitled, spoiled rotten child; the absolute worst. I don't know how their guards do it for so long.

Most adventurers who take escort missions for entitled and prideful blue bloods swear off escort missions. I remember our early days of adventuring. We'd been one of those unsuspecting adventurer groups.

I chuckled at the memory. Kaithe was ready to murder that noble. In fact, it's actually fairly common for adventurers to just outright abandon blue bloods if not try to murder them and turn to banditry. Because of that often adventurers have a bad reputation among nobles.

Works for us as less try to hire us. There's always some form of punishment however if the noble doesn't run into too much when abandoned the adventures might get off lightly, at worst a de-ranking or even revocation of their adventuring license. But some have been imprisoned.

Most adventurers who have their license revoked simply go to another city and get another one, they don't even have to retake tests or work back up from the lowest rank, the guild knows the circumstances and it's easier to go along with nobles who never bother checking back on the adventurers who they think they ruined their adventuring career.

Why would nobles entrust their lives to adventurers? Well, they usually have guards too, it's why successful murder attempts are very few. It's mostly in cases where the nobles can't get more or better guards and adventurers are way more experienced in dealing with monsters than guards who are more experienced in dealing with other people.

Speaking of, there's a damned blue blood bullying some poor street urchin.

"Huh!? Such filth asking me for money!?" A gaudily dressed man shouted, outraged. One of the guards kicked the girl, clearly not putting a lot of strength in the kick. "Who gave such an eyesore permission to speak! Let alone to beg for my money. You lesser beings need to know your place!" the guard hit the girl with the butt of his spear, it wasn't too hard, the man probably feels sorry for the girl.

"P-please m'lord, we 'avn't 'ad anything to eat for a week, we can't go on like this" the girl pleaded. Everybody just moved on with their day like this wasn't happening.

"Filth like you should just die, you're making our great kingdom poorer anyway! Honestly, if we just round up and kill all the poor then there'd be no poor, this country would be richer for it!"

Filthy! Fucking! Blue bloods! This is why everyone hates them. Gritting my teeth I Striding forward I step between the noble and the girl.

"My lord, surely you are a busy man, Such a girl is beneath your important notice" I hated flattering the noble but it's the fastest and easiest way to get them to fuck off.

"Tallen, the Heaven's Hand! I-it's as you say. I indeed have a busy day. May I interest you in coming to my manor later, Mr. Tallen? My son really admires you!"

Sure he fucking does! This sorry excuse of scum just wants to look more impressive in his family's eyes. Getting an S rank adventurer to visit his manor would also give him bragging rights to his fellow blue bloods.

"I am currently looking for someone, maybe if I can find her I'll certainly have time!" Even so, these scum can be useful.

"What does she look like? I'll keep an eye out for her" the noble offered to help.

I was about to tell him what she looked like but I thought better. Firstly I did not want to visit the sorry excuse for a human being's home. Secondly, otherworldly travelers and nobles do not mix; every single one causes trouble, blue bloods get butt hurt, insults are said then the underhanded threats and worse start flying around.

I do not see Lilly getting along with these scum so I gave him some fake appearance and name. Before sending him on his way.

"Sorry about that," I say to the beggar and toss her a coin. The girl started to tear up. "What's wrong?" I ask, kneeling down.

"M-m-my brother 'asn't come back." The girl sniffed. "'e's usually back by now" must have been a wild day for her, getting harassed by a noble, now her brother is missing.

"He'll come back, just wait, something must have delayed him, who knows, maybe it's a good thing" I pat the girl's head and walk away, but before I got too far away I hear the girl shout out a name.

"Tidus! You're late!" the girl sounded relieved.

Good, her brother did show up, nothing bad happened after all.

"Serla! We need to leave! The Blood-Soaked Oni is here!"

Well, he was captured by the hero, it was publically announced and his execution is tomorrow.

"He broke out of jail! He's going to slaughter everyone here!" Tidus said, sounding panicked.

What?! Escaped?! He had Adamantite chains on him, he can't break out of that!

"Hey boy! what do you mean? How did you find out?" I ask turning around.

"Uhhh, well, I was captured by the guards but a strange girl with a jackalope broke me out. She had some weird metal finger that could cut through the iron bars"

There's no doubt...

"And she broke everyone out?!" I asked, just to be sure.

"I don't think she even knows what crimes are... but yes she did, including the Blood-Soaked Oni"

I groaned, placing a hand on my face. Of course, she doesn't know what crimes are! Did the place she come from not have criminals too? No families, no crime, what else!

"Do you know where she went?" I asked Tidus.

"North I think? I didn't stay to get slaughtered"

I hope that dumbass doesn't get herself killed!

I ran back to the inn, with luck Kaithe will be there. Nope, no one was there, I just had to wait until he came back. I paced back and forth, constantly looking out the window.

"Umm, can I help you?" the innkeeper awkwardly said.

"I just really need to speak to my companion, it's very urgent"

So the long award wait started, the innkeeper went back to preparing for the evening rush.

After what seemed like hours (probably just half an hour) the door opened and Kaithe walked in

"Kaithe! I need to you contact everybody and tell them Lilly ran away and is in danger!"

"What did she do?" Kaithe groaned.

"No time to explain! We need to meet at the north gate!"

"Alright, I'll relay the message" Kaithe focused with his index finger on his forehead. A small magic circle appeared at his touch and after a moment of silence. He spoke. "Alright, message sent, it'll take Varen the longest, he's on the other side of the city"

I nodded and we left.

Arriving at the gate Ferra was already there and guards were swarming the area and dragging bodies out of hiding places. Strange. Fearing the worst I checked the bodies.

"She's not among them, I already checked," Ferra said. "There were witnesses that she left with the Blood-Soaked Oni and another man"

"Damn girl! Didn't anyone teach her not to go with strangers!" I vented.

"Technically we're strangers to her too, and the answer is definitely no" Kaithe pointed out.

"Shut it!" I replied.

"It was weird though, the witness said the Blood-Soaked Oni was acting nice to Lilly"

"Could it have been some sense of honoring debt? If she freed him he may have spared her" Kaithe contemplated.

"Maybe he's taking her as hostage" Ferra sounded worried.

I swear Ferra has some angel blood in her, she always worries for other people and assumed the best intentions.

"Who knows, we just have to track her down and rescue her before she situation turns for the worse" Varen said, arriving. "Now that we're all here, we should go, there's no time to waste"

It wasn't hard to see where they went, they followed the road. I knelt down next to the tracks in the dirt road. I activate my [Time Track] it's a hard skill to obtain and level so it's only accurate down to the nearest hour, it gets worse the older the tracks are. We're about three or four hours behind.

"They'll likely make camp, so we do not. We'll march through the night if we have to" Tallen said. "remember our mission is to get Lilly, not to capture the Blood-Soaked Oni"

We marched all through the evening. But before we could get catch up to Lilly, a sudden blinding light lit up the sky like the sun.

"What the!" Ferra exclaimed as we all shielded our eyes from the light.

"What do you think that is?" I asked, blinking the imprinted light out of my vision.

"It's hard to say, but do you think that could have come from the Terral kingdom?" Kaithe asked

"That's a thousand miles away! No way the light came from that far" Varen said

"Does it matter?" I asked. "We have a mission."

"Tallen's right let's just focus on the task at hand" Varen agreed

It didn't take long for the next disaster to strike. With the light still blazing like the sun, though not as bright, something approached. It made the hair on my arms stand up. Using [Far Sight] I saw a wave of air quickly approaching, tossing up trees hundreds of feet away from where they use to stand.

"Kaithe! Ferra! Layer as many shields as possible around us!" I shouted.

"What? Why?" Kaithe asked

"NOW!!" Trusting me they did.

"Ah, shit! more! we need more! Use as much mana as you can!" Varen said, now noticing the airwave, it left a burning desolate wasteland in its wake.

With dozens of magical shields being placed all we could do was wait. The airwave approached and I flinched as it neared us. But the hit never came. Instead, I felt a warm, soothing sensation. Opening my eyes, I saw the heavens had opened up. Seven divine orbs, red, blue, brown, green, golden, black, and white joined in a circle beaming down divine energy and erasing the airwave. We were saved.

We all knelt down and prayed, thanking the gods for this miracle.

"Hey, do you... do you think Lilly could have survived this?" Kaithe pointed out after he finished his prayers.

Silence. We all stood there, thinking the same thing. No one could have survived that

"Damn it!!" Varen kicked a rock with all his strength, sending out a small shockwave from the blow. The stone flew over the horizon as if it was joining the dimming light.

"Let's make camp here, there's nothing to be done" I suggested.

"Doubt we can sleep with everything that has happened," Varen said. He had a point.

"We could... at least bury the body," Ferra said. I could see her trying to blink out tears. Yeah, I'm calling it, she definitely is descended from angels even if she doesn't know.

"Yeah, what else are we going to do" Kaith agreed.

We solemnly walked forward, the light now like a sunset. We stopped at the line where the airwave was removed. One side was like nothing happened, except for the trees that were tossed. The other side of the line was a charred hellscape. The fires was extinguished during the divine intervention as well so it would not spread.

I took a deep breath, ready for what we would find ahead when I spotted a figure walking towards us.

"Is that..." I trailed off as I used [Farsight] to take a closer look. Lilly was alive! But so was the Blood-Soaked Oni.

 

_____________________________ 

 

Stem POV

 

 

Initializing emergency bootup sequence...

Emergency bootup successful

performing diagnosis...

[No repairs for twenty-four hours, cause... rescue unable to reach unit.

Cranium, undamaged

Left-arm, destroyed

Right arm, minor damaged

Torso, moderate damage

left leg, major damage

right leg,undamged]

Opening my eyes I found myself in an unfamiliar place, not a hospital, not even a collapsed ruin, instead, I seem to be in a place of study. Giant clay or stone, bulky statues with scaffolding around them seem to be around the place for some reason. Books lay about on desks, intricate circles drawn in chalk on the floor.

(Iris) Stem laid next to me with her cranium gone and torso eighty percent crushed with her main and possibly backup large MCB crushed into powder, the powdered MCB could be seen through the damage, Worry filled me. If her black box was destroyed then that's the end for her. She is undamaged otherwise.

Three people sat around me with surprised looks. Two were gene moded people to look like fantasy elves. a woman and a man, although it was really hard to tell the man apart from the woman there were some recognizable bone structure differences. The other man was unmodded but he had a long grey beard and wrinkles on his face. Honestly, he was ugly, why would he want to get wrinkles on his face?

I check my self to see the extent of the damage. My left arm was completely torn off, synthetic muscle fibers hanging loosely and the synthetic meta-alloy bone snapped in half. What had happened to do that to near-indestructible alloy?!

My right arm had a gash from the forearm to the upper arm, the metallic muscles could be seen beneath. My torso also had a gash just below what would be a person's ribcage. My secondary MCB would be seen through the damage if my nanites had not covered the wound. My left leg was twisted into an unrecognizable shape.

"Sai, jonae!" The Woman exclaimed.

[Language not in database]

What? I had every known language still in use installed! How can I not understand their language?

"Where am I?! Speak Another language please!" It wasn't so much of a request than it was a demand.

"Jiblar thokvar esxthemb" the bearded man said something, almost like a question.

"Can you understand me?" I asked. The man gave a blank stare.

Alright, I don't know what's going on but I need to repair myself before going forward. My nanites have covered the wound on my torso but it's not armor.

I crawled over to (Iris) Stem. The elf modded people tried to stop me but the bearded man must have told them to let me do what I needed to do.

Crawling over to (Iris) Stem I immediately check her black box, minor damage but otherwise perfectly salvageable. I took it out of (Iris) Stem and place it in a storage cavity in my torso, she can always be rebuilt.

(Rose) Stem, (Violet) Stem, and (Iris) Stem had been my friends, we had loved to complain about our flower children but also shared information about our hobbies and tried each other's hobbies. I felt a little guilty but since (Iris) Stem's model was unusable I'll be using hers to replace my damaged parts; thankfully the government used identical models for us and we are so prone to damage. Thanks to the flower children's experiments, that we have easily replaceable limbs.

I took the stump of my left arm and removed it. The synthetic muscle fibers hanging out of the removed part I took a moment to ponder just how did the nano-alloy meta-material get destroyed; it's almost impervious to physical force, perhaps Lilly can tell me; it's possible that the forcefields had something to do with the damage.

the people spoke as I was replacing my damaged limbs, I recorded their words as they did.

After replacing all my damaged parts except for my torso I go to leave the room, my top priority is to find Lilly and Iris. Communicating with these strange people come second to that. Normally I would prioritize Lilly and leave (Iris) Stem to prioritize Iris but since she doesn't have a body anymore I will take over her duty in her place.

"Uoro forlen!" the bearded man shouted.

"Ybleft so blaem Ithic Meaben!"

An intricate glowing red circle appeared under me and transparent chains shot out and wrapped around my arms and legs. I tried to move but couldn't.

What was that?! How did they do that?! Spontaneous creation? No, more like ghostly chains, maybe they are hardened holograms?

[initializing combat mode]

A personal force field appeared around me and an opening in my palm revealed it'self. I am by far not a combat android but I had a duty to defend the flower children and if need be... to end them.

[Charging lasers, readying tachyon tyon particle beam] [Main MCB as taken critical damage!] just as I was charging the laser my internal sensors screamed at me, notifying me that my main MCB had cracked and is dangerously close to being destroyed.

[Running diagnosis...

Probable cause: Tyon particles built up in MCB

Analyzing data...

Massive energy release.

Detecting altered states from Tyons and Myons: Tyons and myons have exactly opposite charges.

Probable cause of energy release: Tachyon and anti-tachyon annihilation]

What the hell?! Tyons and myons don't have opposite charges! Unless the properties of the universe it'self was changed that is impossible!

[Recomended action: purge myons from undamaged MCB]

Very well.

I did so and the following result surprised me. Instead of a burst of light, a flurry of crystals shot out from my palms. With all the Myons from my MCB purged I charged it with tyons. The people started to attack. somehow conjuring fire and ice, even controlling the wind but all were repelled by my force field.

With my laser fully charged I aim at the chains and fire. With sparks of lightning and intense white light, the chains instantly melted and disappeared the moment the tyons hit the chains an explosion erupted blasting the people back and against the wall.

I looked at the man who was struggling to get up. The others were unconscious. I thought back to the statues around the room.

Perhaps they were trying to study us? Did we somehow end up on another planet? Why do they look so meta-human? Could they be from the 7th exploratory fleet launched almost a thousand years ago? did they colonize a habitable planet? That would explain a lot of things. In that case, it's best to destroy (Iris) Stems body.

I ain at (Iris) Stem and fired. The laser hit (Iris) Stems body the powdered MCB exploded. The pressure wave instantly killed the people and the flames enveloped me. Protected by my force field it was like being inside the sun! Did MCBs really have this much energy? The super-hot air was turning into plasma. But more worryingly was the air was getting even hotter, was the hydrogen in the air fusing?!

[Estimated energy output 179.9 zetta-jouls]

That can't be right, the maximum output of my MCB should be in the exa-jouls, I'll have to ask Lilly, she didn't invent the meta-crystal battery but she should at least have an idea about the theory of it. I have to get out of this inferno before my force fields run out! 

With the tower vaporized I fell into a lake of molten earth. Taking advantage of the situation I dived beneath the lava, which was cooler than the blazing star above it, and swam in a random direction.

[Warning, energy levels low. Recommend shutting off force field to conserve energy]

Not yet, I need to get out of this!

I occasionally peeked my head above the liquified and vaporizing earth and after a dozen minutes, the air had turned back into plasma.

{Congratulations! For surviving the environment equal to that of the sun you earn the Sunblazer title!

Congratulations! For detonating a Tachyon bomb on the world you have attracted the attention of the gods, who are totally freaking out and losing their minds over what had just happened, you also gain the Destroyer of Worlds title.

Congratulations! You have earned the Enemy of Gods title, be warned that they will be looking for someone who detonated a tachyon bomb in their backyard.

Congratulations! You have earned Machine of Destruction title for annihilating an entire kingdom in an instant, they were dicks anyway.

Congratulations! You have earned the Star Maker title! For creating a mini sun.

Congratulations! For swimming in lava and not being immune to heat like an idiot you earned the Baptised in Magma title

Congratulations! For bringing day to night you gain the Light Bringer title

Congratulations! For causing an extinction event you gain the Doomsday title

Congratulations! For single-handedly annihilating hundreds of species you gain the Genocide title

Congratulations! For destroying magic and mana, you gain the Magic Annihilator title}

What? Am I malfunctioning? What's with these 'titles'?

{Glad you asked!

Sunblazer: You are completely, totally, invincibility immune to all forms of heat .

Destroyer of worlds: You gain access to the special Calamity System and destruction magic!

Enemy of gods: You gain the ability to hurt deities and always know when one is in your presence.

Machine of Destruction: All your abilities and weapons are increased by an order of magnitude.

Star Maker: You gain access to plasma magic and nuclear fusion magic

Baptized in Magma: You gain magma bending. You can control magma and will it to do anything

Light Bringer: Empowers Light magic and abilities.

Doomsday: Your Calamity Rank requirements are significantly reduced. You gain the Doomsday ability.

Genocide: You gain the ability to bypass all forms of immunity and resistances a living creature might have

Magic Annihilator: You gain the ability to neutralize magic and can, at will, emit an anti-magic field.

Guardian of the flower children: When guarding a flower child all your abilities are increased by one step}

Ummm, what? I must be malfunctioning? But let's test it out anyway, after all it won't hurt even if it's wrong. I used magma bending to create a lava wave and ride the wave of lava out of the crater.

Whaaaaat!?!? T-this shouldn't be possible!

[Energy critical, shutting off forcefield]

NO!... huh? I'm fine?

Sure enough I was unharmed.

________________________

 

 

"What the fuck happened!?" I shouted, flames blazed from my outburst. Angels scurried every which way trying to get information and accessing screens on the localized area. It was completely bathed in white.

"The epicenter is in the royal institute of magic, in the Terral kingdom!"

"Bast radius is almost three hundred miles. The pressure wave is still going and annihilating the surrounding countries!"

"Estimated death toll over three million seven-hundred thousand and still growing!"

"Over two-hundred species has gone extinct!"

"The seals on three calamities have been weakened but still in place"

The angels gave their reports while operating crystalline displays

"We need to use our divine power to stop that pressure wave!" One of my fellow gods Thyra shouted.

"""Yes!""" I and others agreed and joined hands, focusing on that pressure wave and releasing our divine energies to remove the destructive wall of air. With the immediate danger gone the glowing sun still left illuminating the world.

"What do you think happened?" I asked

"Hard to say, Salamander," Gnome said, the god of craft and earth

"Are you jealous that those flame burn with many orders of magnitude hotter than your own flames, Salamander?" Undine taunted.

"What?! You! You!" Undine and I never got along, she takes every opportunity she can to antagonize me; it's not to a point of dysfunctionality but it still increases the stressful atmosphere.

"That's enough! Focus on the task at hand!" Thyra's always the one to mediate us.

"Do you think it could be..." Luma, the goddess of life and light said before trailing off.

"...A calamity?" Umbra the goddess of death and darkness continued Luma's thought.

Despite being opposites like me and Undine, Luma and Umbra get along very well, but maybe that's because they are twins, one being the exact opposite of the other in terms of power.

"There hasn't been one for tens of thousands of years, not since we ascended to godhood" Thyra, the goddess of fate said.

Indeed, we always keep track on those who come close to becoming calamities, and whenever they do we send someone to capture or kill them before they get access to the calamity system. In fact, it's actually common for someone or something like that to appear, this century's calamity candidate was Onyx, The Blood-Soaked Oni, but the hero had captured him already.

"But it's not impossible" Sylph, the goddess of freedom and air replied. "If not then it definitely is now. Such destruction would qualify it access to the calamity system"

"No one we were keeping track of was in that area though, it's most likely that whoever caused the explosion is dead" Undine pointed out.

"I agree" Much as I hate to admit it undine speaks common sense, not even a calamity could survive that, not any lesser ones anyway.

"What about that spacial anomaly yesterday? Something did cross over, maybe it was the same people from a few years ago?" Sylph said

"Hmmm, can't rule out the possibility, but the case back then it was almost certainly an accident," Gnome said.

"But it was so strange! They didn't come in any physical or spiritual form, it was like their mind was transferred" Sylph noted. "Maybe they were scouts and now they're launching an attack?"

"There was great confusion in their minds" Luma countered "They certainly did accidentally wander in this world not to mention it cause intense pain to them, that'd be more a deterrent than anything"

"Also if they have weapons that can cause that!" Umbra said, pointed to the screen of the burning air "Then we have no option except surrender, or to free all the calamities we have sealed in hopes of fighting them"

"That's not an option, death by them or ruled by invaders, we can't let them free," Thyra said.

"I second that" I agreed "We do not let the calamities free" 

Silence greeted the meeting room as we all contemplated the situation.

"I say we don't have enough information, In lieu of this event we must look into the threads of fate" Umbra said, after thinking a long time.

"It's too dangerous, you know that! We risk causing a self-fulfilling prophecy that could endanger the world!" Sylph said.

"I agree, the future is still uncertain, we risk solidifying destiny onto one path," Undine said.

"If we know what might come, we can prepare; and if need be, prepare for the fallout. I say we take the risk" I say, casting my vote for a prophecy. Honestly, a small part of me did just so I can disagree with Undine. So far it's a two vs two vote, three has yet to decide.

"It's better that we take fate into our own hands and forge our future," Gnome said. Two to three now

"My sister is right, this threat is too great and we know nothing, especially with the recent anomaly," Luma said. That leaves only Thyra to break the tie.

"All of you have good points, the risk is great, but so is the danger. The known is a wild card but so is looking into the realm of fate" Thyra materialized a coin "I cannot decide as the threat is equal no matter the path, so I will let luck decide for us" Thyra flipped the coin then caught it, she hid the coin under her hand so that the choice remained unknown. Calming her nerves, Thyra closed her eyes, Thrya removed her hand to reveal the result. The coin was special, only Thyra can see the result, if it's for my side, she will automatically receive a prophecy, if not then nothing happens. Thyra opened her eyes.

An empire with no future seeks to reawaken and conquer the stars. The daughter of calamities will become the catalyst to world destruction and to free those frozen in time. The minds of the travelers will join as one to forge this world anew. The flowers will bloom and the meadows will be free from their garden. The stairway to heaven will descend once more.

There was a long silence afterword as the deities digested the prophecy. It wasn't the worst outcome, but not the best. I'd say it's bad but leaves room for better outcomes.

"Two things of note" Gnome said. "There is someone seeking to conquer, whether that's good or not is left open, and no definites were stated pertaining to this part of the prophecy. The other is this 'Daughter of Calamities'. The prophecy never stated her success so that's left open as well"

"Can we all agree that 'those frozen in time' is referring to the calamities sealed away?" Sylph said

""""Yes"""" Unamonous agreement.

"There are two definites stated. 'The travelers joining minds' part, and 'The stairway to heaven' part. The 'Travelers' is almost certainly referring to otherworldy travelers, meaning that they are a key factor in what's to come" I offered my opinion

"The stairway to heaven, does that mean we will have to descend to the mortal realm once more? Or will it mean a new diety will be joining us?" Luma said.

"Perhaps both?" Umbra carelessly stated.

"Perhaps neither, could be an invasion into the heavens," Undine said.

"Perhaps the conquerers plan to conquer heaven?" Gnome said, throwing out a suggestion.

"Hmm, unlikely..." Undine replied.

"Take care not to take the prophecy too literally and to focus on the parts that we can still influence," Thyra said.

She was right, we don't want what happened last time, we were way off base that time. Seeing as the 'travelers' and 'heavens' part was stated as 'will happen' we should just ignore that part. The downside of looking into fate, that path has now been set in stone.

It's simple really, the prophecy accounts for our actions too, so if we try to stop it we will end up causing it to happen; but if we do nothing, well, that is accounted for as well, no matter what we will always choose the action that causes the prophecy because there are no take-backs and we don't know the events that will lead up to make the future. In these cases, it's best just to ignore that part of the prophecy and not waste effort on it.

"Anyone has an idea of what the 'The flowers will bloom and the meadows will be free from their garden' part means? This is by far the vaguest part"

"""No""" several deities replied while the others wracked their brains on its meaning. But even after a while of contemplation, no theories could be formed.

"Are we all in agreement that further discussion should only be about the 'Empire', 'daughter of calamities' and 'flowers' part?" I asked

"""Yes""" all but Umbra and Sylph agreed.

"I would like to contest that. The success of the 'joining minds part' was never stated" Sylph said "Quote: "The minds of the travelers will join as one to forge this world anew" However it didn't say: "The minds of the travelers will join as one and forge this world anew" in other words it only states their intent to."

"I always hated the semantics part..." Undine groaned, I hate it too.

The discussion continued for a long time as the angels monitored the area. An angel had just happened to make a mistake when operating her display panel, viewing a place she had not intended to see and witnessed a scene that made her face lose color. She hurried over to the Deities who were just finishing up their discussion.

"Then, we all agree that the 'empire', 'daughter of calamities' 'flowers', and the 'joining of minds' parts needs further discussion?"

""""Yes!"""" unanomous agreement.

"Your divinities!" an angel knelt in front of us to pay respect. "There's been a very, very, bad development"

The angel reported what she had seen.

""WHAT!?!?"" both I and Undine shouted out. This was bad, very bad. This couldn't have come at a worse time.

"We need to send out an oracle to our prophets and warn them of the danger," Thyra said. "The discussion of the prophecy has to wait until then"

 

My chapters can easily be broken up into two or three smaller chapters. Would you guys prefer smaller more frequent chapters or keep it as is, which would be about once a week? Please let me know which you prefer.

22