2.24.2 – A Canadian apartment
1.8k 26 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2.24.png

2.1 - Edited by: Rellawing, AlliterativeArts - 4/21/2021

 

“Would you really be comfortable with me sleeping over?” Aurora asked Mistral, caring most about her emotional comfort. She was fine no matter where they went, but still couldn’t hold back a giggle. “I’ve napped as Aurora once already and my wings made a lovely mattress. It didn’t hurt at all.”

 

“Well, however you choose to sleep, you’d be beside my normal form. I can’t sleep as Mistral. That means no platinum blonde hair. Are you alright with that?” Mistral asked.

 

Aurora giggled again. “I’m fine with that. I may love ‘Mistral’, but I love you personally now too.” Aurora fidgeted and snuggled against her. 

 

“The view of the night sky above is really nice too… very romantic. And I like your hair no matter what color.” Turning her eyes upward, she noticed greenish swirls and waves of light that looked like they’d been filtered through the surface of a pool; the Aurora Borealis had begun its natural lightshow. It had crept across the sky and the shimmering effect was breathtaking. “The Aurora!”

 

“I don’t want the first night we’ve slept together to be uncomfortable, even if it’s cozy and the view is beautiful. I don’t want to put a bed in here because it would disrespect Great Manitou. On the rare occasion I do sleep here, I sleep on the ground and commune with nature… Thinking it through again, we should go to my apartment.”

 

Aurora was only paying half-attention to what Mistral was saying as she was meanwhile tracing a mini-version of the Aurora in the air above them, copying it. She giggled with delight. “Y’know, this is why I chose my name,” she said distractedly, but turned to Mistral, focusing her eyes on her face. “But I’d also definitely like to see your apartment.”

 

With a bit of concentration, Aurora changed her clothes as she stood and formed a silvery nightgown, like a medieval princess’ dress with a high back. Her wings shrunk and she became a silver-haired eighteen-year-old girl you could find next door. She didn’t bother with shoes, choosing to leave her feet bare.

 

Mistral smiled and began shifting her body weight. “Come on, let’s go now.” Aurora lowered her hand to help Mistral up and squeezed it gently as she took her offered hand and stood. “This shift will be simpler. There’s a permanent doorway connected to my apartment… you could almost think of the Sanctum as a rather extreme home extension.” She took Aurora to a door that appeared on the wall and led her through.

 

Through the door was a modest-looking apartment. It was fairly cluttered and not very well-kept. Aurora turned and saw that they’d walked out from a closet and giggled. But wait, what did it mean to come out of the closet when that closet wasn’t your own?

 

As Mistral moved over to flip on a nearby light a soft purring sound came from around the apartment owner’s ankles. Aurora looked down to see a white cat nuzzling and rubbing against Mistral’s leg. 

 

“That’s Mr. Plow,” Mistral said with a smile. 

 

“He likes to play in the snow. Ever since he was a kitten. I found him outside, playing in it. He’s like my little animal guide, although he doesn’t talk… It’s just how I think of him.” 

 

Mistral reached down to stroke Mr. Plow’s head and scratched behind his ears. His tail stood up, puffy and happy. He nuzzled her hand and licked her hand before giving it a gentle bite.

 

Mistral laughed and booped him on his nose causing him to roll over and bare his fluffy stomach to them, paws curled up. Aurora squeed and knelt to stroke and rub that tummy! “Nyaaaaa! Does that feel nice?”

 

Mistral chuckled and rubbed his little face. “I’m glad to see you like cats. That’s pretty much a prerequisite. Mr. Plow requires a lot of love.” She winked.

 

“Anyhow, I need to feed him. How affectionate he is is a good measure of how hungry he’s getting. I’ve been out all day so I’m half-surprised he didn’t tackle me. I’ll give him a can of tuna. Meanwhile, you can wander around or pet him until he leaves you for his munchies.” 

 

Seeming to understand food had been secured, Mr. Plow licked his chops and started bathing, purring. His ears flicked.

 

Aurora looked around warmly, deciding Mr. Plow was satisfied after having sufficiently checked her out. 

 

She stood and began to wander. They were in the living room. There was a modest bookshelf with college-level books of some sort against one of the peripheral walls. She touched them and looked at the nice curved television behind a fuzzy fur rug upon which was also set a glass coffee table and an equally fluffy-looking sofa. 

 

Mr. Plow meowed and ran into the kitchen, having smelled the tuna before Mistral had started opening the can. His tail stood straight up as he pranced over and leapt onto the counter, waiting with an intent expression, his little nose quivering. He licked his chops again and meowed again. 

 

“Yes, yes, I know you’re hungry.” Mistral giggled and set a bowl full of the impatient one’s objective onto the floor. The cat jumped down and started nomming intently.

 

As her ward snarfed down his meal, Mistral reverted to her civilian clothes and appearance. She sighed and smiled as the colors and clothes faded off. She gestured for Aurora to follow and gave her a more extensive tour of her apartment. 

 

First stop was the bathroom. It was dominated by an old claw-foot tub standing on a tiled floor. The toilet was pretty old-school too; a fluffy rug on the floor, two fuzzy towels neatly slung over a towel rack brought a sense of softness to the room. Denise’s makeup and beauty products were arranged on a little table beside the tub and at the sink, which was a basin with a mirror attached. “In case you need to use the facilities in the night,” she said.

 

Denise crossed the way to another door and revealed her bedroom. “And here is my bed, if you decide you’d like to sleep with me.” She winked.

 

As though there was any chance she would not! 

 

“Of course!” Aurora rubbed against Denise, pretending to be Mr. Plow, purring. 

 

Denise giggled. “I’d just like you to remain in your Aurora form. I’d cuddle you no matter which form, but what we did in the Sanctum is reserved for your older form.” She chewed her lip. “I know it could be a bit of a scandal if what we did got out… your secrets, and our relationship.”

 

Aurora smiled and moved on past that concern, not caring what others might think. Although she did hope that Denise wouldn’t be hurt by having a relationship with her. 

 

“Your home is really nice.” She changed the subject. She walked over to the window and peeked out. The snow was falling gently outside. There was a radiator set up under the window and it breathed warmth onto her thighs. Although she was fairly confident they were still somewhere in Canada, she didn’t recognize the vista outside. The snow clouds above hid whether or not the Aurora was visible here.

 

“Nah… my apartment is a mess,” Denise replied playfully. “But thanks for saying it. Anyhow, I have classes tomorrow so I can’t stay up too much later, but if you’re hungry, I have some leftover takeout in the fridge.”

 

Aurora smiled. “I’m good actually. Though I’d like to have a meal with you sometime. Maybe I’m full from all that lovely starlight back in the Sanctum. We were bathed in star and moonlight the whole time. You did say Empyreans didn’t need to eat… I wonder if I stayed like this long enough, I wouldn’t either?” 

 

After taking a moment to give it some thought, Aurora finally had to sate her curiosity, “I’ve been to so many wonderful places today. Where are we now?”

 

“Well, actually we’re up in Saskatoon,” Denise replied. “It’s a little colder here than the other places. Why do you ask?” She took Aurora’s hand and squeezed it. Aurora squeezed back, looking into Denise’s eyes.

 

“All I knew was the air felt different, but it had to be Canada. With you, I never know where we’ll pop over to next.” Aurora giggled. “I’d be well within my reason to think we were in an apartment on the Moon.”

 

Denise laughed. “That is beyond my abilities.” She grinned. “Though, if I could, I really would build you a home on the Moon.”

 

Unable to hold back any longer, Aurora blushed and leaned over to kiss Denise, who kissed her back softly as they cuddled by the window. 

 

Aurora’s heart fluttered as Denise spoke, “But we should stop flirting so much. I need to sleep soon. When you want to go back to the Sanctum, I’ll be happy to let you in.”

 

Aurora nodded, looking at the bed longingly. “I know what you mean. I had a full day today too. I don’t have anything particularly planned, but for now I want nothing more than staying in this nice-looking bed wrapped in my hero’s arms. Tonight was special and memorable because of...” Aurora trailed off, “...you.”

 

Denise laughed softly and snuggled against Aurora. “I feel the same way, but let’s go right to sleep. So much pillow talk and we haven’t even gotten in bed yet, haha. Anyway, tomorrow when you return home, you should talk to your Detective friend and give him your new Society membership contact information.” 

 

Leading the way, she pulled Aurora to the bed. “If you accidentally reverted to your normal form it will be fine. You’re safe here, but I’d practice staying like that. It might help you to develop better control.” 

 

Getting into bed, Denise pulled the covers up over them before they started snuggling.

 

“I never thought I’d ever find love.” Aurora yawned and nuzzled. “It’s enough for me that you accept me for all I am.” She purred.

 

“And you are the girl at the heart of the hero I… I love,” Mistral said softly, kissing Aurora’s ear. “Okay, I said enough flirting. We should get some sleep. If you get too hot, I wouldn’t mind if you squirmed away.”

 

“No way, no how…” Aurora squirmed blissfully against Denise. And like that she fell asleep, warm and full of love.

wingsbreak.png

For Aurora, it felt like she’d just closed her eyes and within the next breath was awakened by an alarm blaring in her ear.

 

“Aaaaaauuuuhhhh…” Denise yawned beside her. “Ah, I forgot I have to bring you home,” she mumbled sleepilly. 

 

Her hair was so messy that Leona giggled softly at the thought of Mr. Plow perhaps having a hand in causing such a sight. Running her fingers through her own silver hair, she saw that there wasn’t even a single snarl in it. 

 

A bleary-eyed Denise hugged and snuggled Aurora before waking up enough to focus on other things.

 

“We’re a ways away from San Isidro, far to the northeast of your hometown. Do you want to take a shower before we head out?” she asked, her fingers scratching Aurora’s arms softly.

 

“Mmmmm…” Aurora wiggled and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. She turned towards her hero and feeling a yawn of her own coming, she turned her head to yawn at the ceiling. Having increased the yawn pressure in the room a smidge, the angel smiled. “Good morning,” she said, gazing lovingly and shyly into Denise’s eyes.

 

Denise nodded and smiled in return. “Fair enough,“ She took a moment to stretch and smiled. “I was the one who got dirty last night, after all.” She laughed softly. “Do you drink coffee or tea? I’ll fix you a hot drink and a quick breakfast.”

 

“Yes, please! Coffee! Whatcha got for cream?” Aurora purred.

 

“Why are you asking me for cream again already? I already gave you plenty,” Denise teased. 

 

“As for the coffee though, I have some French Vanilla,” she said, changing the subject back to non-flirty subjects. “Come on out when you’re ready. A true hero always needs to start their day with a nice meal.” She stood and left the bedroom. The pajamas she’d slipped into last night accented her bottom really nicely, Aurora belatedly noticed.

 

Alone, Aurora giggled to herself and flopped back down, memorizing the bedroom. She hadn’t thought of what she had said in a naughty way, but she got the joke. 

 

Getting up in her white princess-like nightgown, she checked out the window and saw that while the snow had stopped it had turned the city a glistening white. It was a nice city, with its own unique charm. She couldn’t see much of it from her current perspective though. There were a few modest skyscrapers and other tall buildings in sight, but nowhere near what her hometown’s skyline boasted.

 

Having checked outside enough, she found her way to the bathroom and used it. Aurora was surprised that she still felt the call of nature in her Empyrean form, but being as the body was basically human-like, was it really shocking that they’d have the same kind of internal systems?

 

When she came out into the main living space, Mistral was waiting with a steaming cup of coffee. Denise had apparently transformed sometime while making this greatest of morning elixirs. She gestured for Aurora to follow her, handing her the cup. “Join me at the kitchen table. A small table’s all I need. I hope the wooden chairs aren’t too uncomfortable. I found a cushion for you.” Reaching the kitchen, Aurora spotted Mr. Plow happily chowing down. 

 

Cats were either sleeping, eating, or purring. Such was their raison d'etre.

 

The fledgling lovers sat and had a small meal. Aurora sipped her coffee and sighed blissfully. The breakfast was of a wonderful carnivorous nature that was fairly rare for this Californian girl with her hippie vegetarian mom. There was lots of bacon, buttermilk pancakes and eggs. 

 

Aurora giggled and ate as blissfully as Mr. Plow. After a short time the white fluffy and slinky boy wandered over to rub against the angel’s leg while she ate. She reached down and patted him and Mr. Plow arched his back and looked hopefully up at her, licking his little lips.

 

“Mr. Plow! No begging!” Mistral chided him gently. Mr. Plow flashed her an annoyed look and started licking his fur around his neck. Aurora giggled and snuck him down a little piece of bacon. Mr. Plow stopped his grooming and attacked the bacon with a little wiggle. 

 

And then looked up intently again for more.

 

“You shouldn’t encourage him.” Mistral laughed. “I spoil him too much as is.” She ate her own food quickly as though to protect it from the bottomless purr machine.

 

Mistral polished off her dish all quickly too before speaking, “Even though I said it while I was sleepy, I can’t teleport you home today. I lost track of my schedule, but I can at least fly with you a bit. With the speed you have, I think you’ll have no trouble getting back to California in short order. Heck, through the miracle of timezones, you might get there before you left. If you get into trouble though, you could send me a S.O.S. message. I don’t mind following you for a good way but I’d slow you down and consequently miss some classes.” Mistral shrugged.

 

Aurora smiled. “I’m fine, but you know… you should install one of those handy teleport spell thingies in my closet soon.” She winked and finished off her coffee. “I think I can handle flying back on my own… Not to mention I can go even faster than you’ve seen so far. Are you learning at college or are you a teacher? I wouldn’t be surprised to find you were a lecturer.”

 

Mistral laughed, flattered. “Still learning, I’m afraid.” She shrugged. 

 

“The portal for direct access is a great idea though. We’ll just have to see about sticking a permanent pathway through space-time into my girlfriend’s closet I suppose. Whew… doesn’t that sound Freudian?” she asked rhetorically before getting up and leaving the kitchen. 

 

On reflex, Aurora did what she always did at home, gathering up all the dishes and washing them. When Mistral returned, dressed for college, she smiled. “You didn’t have to go to all that trouble. Anyhow, don’t forget you can contact me or the Society in a pinch.”

 

Aurora giggled and dried off her hands on a kitchen towel, stepping forward she gave her young girlfriend a gentle kiss for good luck. “Having a secret passageway to my hero’s place will be great. But, I won’t be calling Midnight Avenger anytime soon. He’d probably be super grumpy with me if I called him for help.”

 

“He probably would be very annoyed if it wasn’t a dire and doom situation, yes.” Mistral grinned back before showing off a ‘quick dial’ feature. “It’s all by Hero name. You can voice command it too, not just touch.” 

 

Mistral was wearing blue jeans, a long sweater, and a stretchable little cap on her head. “My Sanctum’s a little further out, but it’s private. If you want to leave from here, I’ll walk you out.”

 

“I’m fine, beautiful.” Aurora sighed, happy to watch her new belle do just about anything. “I don’t mind leaving from here. I can find a concealed alleyway, sprout my wings, change into my costume and head out.” 

 

She thought a little and changed her hair color to a lovely red shade again; the dress became some warm clothes. A long white jacket, like a trenchcoat but with fur on the collar and cuffs. She imagined warm leggings and snow boots with gloves and a matching snuggly cap.

 

“You are so talented. You’ve gotten good at using that power. I don’t think you’re doing everything you’re capable of, but you amaze me.” Mistral touched Aurora’s face, making her blush warmly. The clothes didn’t actually feel any warmer, but they looked good.

 

“Thank you!” Aurora grinned. “Anyhow, I’m looking forward to seeing the lay of the land between here and my home. It’ll be a wonderful adventure!” She was really looking forward to this flight! Her longest flight to date since her transformation!

 

Reverting to her civilian appearance, Denise led her out. Aurora looked wistfully over her shoulder, loathed to say goodbye, but she too had many things to do and even though she’d found love in the Great North, there was still Sarah to worry about. 

 

They went their separate ways on the street, blowing kisses. When Aurora came across an empty and out of the way alleyway between two buildings, she exploded with light and shot into the sky like a comet, wearing her costume. 

 

As cold as it should be, it didn’t get to her. She seemed unbothered by the cold depending on the situation. 

 

In today’s case, she had a goal.

wingsbreak.png

78