3.11 – Resolve
1.3k 16 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Nya! For helping the story to reach the 1500 favorites benchmark, I thank everyone, nya! <3  It's too late to trend in a day, sadly, but I don't regret spoiling people today! *purrs* Please continue doing your best to help the story shine in the spotlight again! =^.^=

They were toweling off and Mistral mentioned Sarah, “Tell me more about this other girl.  Did you also trap her in your forcefield and finger …”

 

Aurora yelped and bounced, sending droplets flying. “I don’t have my powers in my normal form, you know, and she insisted when we had sex.” She blushed furiously.

 

“I didn’t think someone of her upbringing would go so wild.  Did you use your Leona stick on her?”

 

Aurora gaped and blushed. “A little … she wanted to do everything in the little time we had that day.  Y’know, I’ve told you we haven’t done it since she was rescued from Padua. She’s really repressed, raised by a couple of stern parents who seem hellbent to hate me.  Aurora has some measure of respect from them, but…”

 

Mistral considered that, rubbing her hair dry. “Maybe her mother’s under pressure by Sarah’s father.” She shrugged.

 

Aurora’s expression went impish. “Since you’re so curious about what it was like with Sarah, I’ll give you ALL the juicy details …”

 

Mistral was blushing a little when she was finished.  She chewed her lip a moment but then impulsively kissed Aurora, pressing her up against the closest wall.  “Shut up …” she murmured. “We just finished … are you trying for a bit more?”

 

 

Aurora blushed. She wasn’t going to protest doing it again, but it wasn’t what she was trying to do. It was her goal to tease Mistral, and it seemed she’d been successful.  Mistral pressed firmly against her, chest to chest again. Her leg slid up between Aurora’s legs.

 

 

“I have a serious question for you,” Mistral said in a sultry tone.  Aurora’s heart thudded in her chest.  “Do you like that I call you Aurora, or would it help that need of yours if I called you Leona from now?’

 

 

Aurora squirmed at the thought, not having expected this question.  More like, which of the things we do you like the most?  The idea of her calling her Leona seemed like a bad idea.  If they weren’t cautious, it could …

 

 

Mistral kissed her again, her cheeks flushed.  Aurora nuzzled against her afterwards, rubbing in a cuddly way.  “It’s a tough question, really.   If you call me by my normal name, you might get in the habit, and in a clutch people could overhear it, and then they’d find out who this mysterious Leona was.  And then …” She looked into the eyes of her love.  “Aurora is a part of who I am. As much as my birth-given name.  I spend as much time being her, because both are me.  So it’s fine.  But if you want to once in a blue moon call me Leona, I wouldn’t say no.” She pressed her hands against her own chest and smiled softly. “Inside there’s still a little girl who idolizes you.” She grinned and blushed.

 

 

After she was reasonably dry, Mistral gestured and assumed her heroic identity once again.  She grabbed Leona again, looking deeply into her eyes. “Thank you for that wonderful shower.  It warmed me up wonderfully.  You’re my hero.”  She kissed Aurora again.

 

 

“Mmmmm…” Her girlfriend melted in her arms.  Those platinum-blonde locks probably did for her what her wings seemed to do for her Mistral.

 

 

After the kiss, Aurora studied herself in the mirror.  Her breasts were perky, her nipples stiff. That body was really amazing, although Mistral was far more wonderful. She shook her silvery hair and concentrated.  In a moment there was a little flash and a silvery nightdress was fluttering about her thighs.  She hummed softly and hotly, remembering everything they did together.  She borrowed her waifu’s hairbrush, even though her hair never seemed to be out of order.   Mistral left the bathroom and after a short time she followed, but not before she adjusted the gown and grew out little chibi-wings.

 

 

They were cute and adorable-looking.  Fluffy, oh so fluffy.  Denise was already in the kitchen, making something.  Aurora walked in, sniffing the air. It was instant ramen, actually, but it smelled wonderful and it would be just the thing to finish the thawing process.  Mistral’s eyes moved up and down her love’s body slowly suggestively. “That’s really nice. I’m a little jealous of how easy it seems to be for you to customize yourself …” She rolled her eyes. “I hope you like beef ramen, it’s all I have right now.”

 

 

Aurora smiled, looking forward to the meal. “It’s fine.” She wrapped her arms around Mistral behind, hugging her tightly.  “Is there anything I can do to help?  When I make ramen, I boil the noodles until they’re only slightly firm and drain them with a colander.  I prepare the broth on the side and pour it over the noodles in a bowl and garnish with vegetables.  Goonie make sure we’re stocked up on herbs and a variety of veggies.  A bit of green onion, minced garlic and ginger… well just about any veggie will make it pop.”

 

 

Mistral considered it with a smile. “That sounds legitimately tasty, but I haven’t been shopping lately.  You’ll have to make do with my following the instructions on the back of the bag.” She chuckled.

 

 

“Mmmm… it’ll still be good.  Maybe on Friday, I’ll show you my style of instant ramen.” Aurora winked. “Maybe we could sneak in some good chashu or at least bacon if Goonie isn’t there.” she laughed.

 

 

After a while, Mistral started pouring the ramen into two waiting bowls with spoons and forks resting in them.

 

 

Aurora spoke idly, “Sometimes I wish I could disguise other people, but I don’t think I can. I haven’t tried.  I do like playing with my powers now and again, teasing my limits.  That might be one of the problems heroes have. They get comfortable with their powers and become a little blinded to other ways they can express them.  My way is dreaming big and maybe thinking small.”

 

 

“I seriously doubt that.” Mistral laughed. “The way you fight shows that you consider a situation from many different angles. It’s a good way to be.” She handed Aurora her bowl with a wink. “After we’re done, we should try to figure out where Snow Witch is hiding. And maybe we need to work out a strategy.”

 

 

They walked to the table, and the moment they did, Mr. Plow trotted across the floor and started rubbing against their legs, tickling Aurora’s ankles with his fluffy tail.  “I wondered where Mr. was!” She set her bowl on the table and knelt down to scratch his ears.  Mr. Plow purred and licked his chops.  She looked up into her girlfriend’s eyes. “Does he like ramen?”

 

 

Mistral laughed, taking a seat. “Well, he’ll eat anything.” Mr. waited patiently.

 

 

“I’m sorry, Mr. I don’t think noodles are very nutritious for a cat.” She patted his head and stood.  Mr. meowed as she sat and continued to rub against her chair’s legs while Aurora started on her soup.

 

 

“Well,” Aurora said, “Do we have a way to track the Witch?  Is there anything you have in your arsenal that would give us any advantage? If not, we’ll have to fight reactively.  If we do, she’ll get to choose her battlefield.  So … do we deal with it and power through it regardless? If we go on offence, we might be separated so we can canvas Saskatoon the most effectively.”

 

 

Mistral sipped the broth and responded thoughtfully, “Normally, I’d say I just have to sense her on the breeze, but she’s about to overpower me head to head.  I’m not sure going after her wouldn’t be a trap. At that point, if Quinn was present, she’d look at her cousin with raising eyebrows.

 

 

“Oddly, I get the sense she’s not very far away from us, but there’s nothing I can definitely point to,” Mistral explained further. “I wonder if she has similar powers to mind because of some sort of a tether to the land.  She didn’t look Indian, though …”

 

 

“No … she was definitely Asian.” Aurora smiled. “But you never know … Indians probably aren't’ the only ones capable of connecting to the spirits or whatever it is. They might just be some of the most attuned or enlightened around.  Her powers might be similar in what she can do to yours, but then who knows? There are times when I look at myself and think that girl in the reflection is Black Angel.  Well, maybe she’s some kind of spiritual crisis you’re having.  Like, she’s your bad side.  The way she disappeared was strange, just like when Black Angel appears to me. We’ve got to pound her into ice cubes, though.”

 

 

Mistral considered and nodded. “You were a new element, for sure.  But I don’t think I should dwell too much.  It doesn’t seem right to me.  I think I’ll go to my lodge and commune with the spirits tonight … walk amongst them and see if there are any answers to be found …”

 

 

Aurora grinned broadly, slurping up some noodles. “I knew it! You do have some amazing skills.  I’m sure this is exactly what you need to do.  Anyhow, is that party you’re talking about private?  I’ve always wanted to see you working amongst the spirits.” Aurora tapped her chin and licked the salty broth from her lips. “Short of that, I think all I can do is dig around for some information around the city. Maybe I can find a way to draw her out into the open.  She seems to hold grudges, so she might come for me like you.”

 

 

Mistral lifted her bowl and slurped her broth down with a contented sigh.  Meanwhile, Mr. Plow was bathing himself, looking up now and again reproachfully at the larger cats in the apartment. “This ceremony is a little long and arduous if you want to come with … I’ll probably be up for a few hours getting into the right mindset and then it’ll be another hour for the communing … If you come along with me and fall asleep, make a noise, whatever … it won’t work.  So if you’re going to come with, you need to be quiet and still.”

 

 

Aurora smiled. It sounded very very boring, but she really wanted to experience her hero’s art and craft firsthand.  “I think my wonder and curiosity will buffer me through the boring parts you’re talking about.” She grinned. “Then, at least i’ll know whether or not I want to come next time.” She giggled. “Hey, you said I have a magical source for my powers and that Black Angel was a ‘sorceress’. Maybe I can pick up something useful while I’m alone.”

 

 

“Well, stay quiet, like I said and don’t fidget or squirm. I don’t see why you can’t come. We’ll go after you finish your ramen,” Mistral said.

 

 

Aurora nodded and grinned. “Sounds good to me!” Leona slurped hers down, eager to witness her love’s ceremony.

 

 

The soup was a bit bland since she didn’t prepare it like Leona did, but that didn’t matter, because it was full of love.  They washed up and Mistral assumed her heroic form again.  With a smile she led the way to the portal leading to her sanctum again.

 

 

She started immediately walking around the lodge’s floor, gathering up herbs and trinkets hanging on the walls.  Once satisfied, she returned to the fire in the middle, looking at Aurora with a smile.

 

 

“Okay, this is the last chance you have to back out.”

68