5.10 – Heeling for healing
531 20 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was so sidetracked this morning. '^^ *purrs*  The cable man was here to check the lines. That interrupted my editing, not to mention the elevated volume of my grandfather's television set through the wall. XD  He just wanted to tell me that he'd arranged that and he might need access to my room.  '^^ Oh, wells.  I got my editing done and here's today's chapter! <3

I'm deaf, but not in the classic sense. I just can't understand speech or listen to music, if I haven't already mentioned it.

5.10.png

A draconic portal reappeared in the middle of the clubhouse-to-be with the same special effects before, just a smidge smaller.

 

Bombshell, with her arms covered entirely in metallic shells, was spat out.  She landed a little unsteadily and swiveled her head to take in where she’d been sent.  When her eyes fell on Aurora she walked over with purpose and a smile.  “Hey, Aurora! I’m told that you can heal my arms…?”

 

The portal closed abruptly behind with the familiar Draconic roaring.

 

Redline zipped over to Bombshell to hug her tightly. “Hey, girlfriend!” she said and broke her hug to circle the blonde swiftly. “You look good. Better, I mean.”

 

Bombshell rolled her eyes. “It’s been like maybe five minutes since you last saw me freaking out.”

 

“It’s been a bit longer than that, Bombie.” Redline smiled. “My point’s that you haven’t gotten worse.  I guess you didn’t try ripping those things off, eh?”

 

“I can barely move my fingers, so yeah, duh.” Bombshell’s eyes looked at the ceiling and her lips creased. Her eyes lowered and fastened onto Mocha. “Who’s she?” she asked as she looked at the unfamiliar girl with her arms crossed and a distrusting look on her face.

 

“You’re yet another guest,” Mocha replied sharply, “don’t you worry about who I am.”

 

Bombshell stalked over to the smaller girl. “Look, you.  I’ve had a shit day, but I’m not so kind that I have to take your rude mouth.  I just asked who you are, since we’re all superheroes here. Call it professional curiosity if you want.  Or are you some kind of a secretary for Aurora?”

 

“Secretary?” Mocha’s eyes shifted quizzically to narrow as she shot back, “That’s just the kind of attitude I’d expect from your ilk.”

 

“My ‘ilk?’ Who says that? What, are you from the 40s or something?”

 

Mocha blushed intensely. “O-of course not.  That’s crazy…. I was born in the 50’s!”

 

Bombshell blinked. “Oh, yeah.  That’s a lot better.  Shouldn’t you be vacuuming after some man by now, if true? Married young back then, didn’t they? You’d be like an old maid by now, right?”

 

“I-I’m not that old!” Mocha wailed, rattled by Bombshell’s questioning. “Look--- I’m…”

 

“Okay, fine. Whatever.  Just sit in the corner and stay quiet.” Bombshell turned to Aurora. “Do we have to pull off the casts before we get started? I can probably tear them off with broken arms if necessary.”

 

“I’m sure that would hurt. It shouldn’t matter.” Aurora smiled wryly as she closed the distance between herself at Bombshell. “I’d have introduced my friend, Mocha Hearnn, if I’d had the chance.  I’ll say this directly. She has some biased opinions about heroes that I’m hoping we’ll be able to change.  She’s the reason everyone’s here today.” Aurora took a deep breath and collected her thoughts.

 

“Anyhow, on the subject of healing you, so far I’ve healed a gunshot to where you nearly couldn’t tell that it happened, but what would have left a scar still will.  I just speed things up.  I hope I’ll be able to do you some good.  But in return, I ask that you to show Mocha what a real hero is.  She has prejudices inherited from her father that are hard to get around.” Aurora placed her hands onto the metal-clad arms of Bombshell as she called forth her healing abilities.

 

She started by making new casts around Bombshell’s make-shift metal casts.  Aurora narrowed her eyes and forced the halo through the alloy.  The soft glowing of her power faded as her halos reached her skin. Focusing on dissolving her halo into the injured arms beneath, she felt them dissolve.

 

Redline made conversation while everyone waited, “Yeah, this cutie here’s the daughter of a big-time villain, Mr. Mechanical.  She was tearing up the city a few days ago with what’s left of his stuff.”

 

“What? Why are we here in that case? This situation seems pretty straightforward,” Bombshell’s incredulous exclamation was interrupted when a soothing sensation started to spread through her arms. “Ooooh… that feels heavenly…”

 

“Because I’m not wholly responsible for what happened.  Not to mention that there’s issues with my ‘legal’ status,” Mocha sarcastically said.

 

Bombshell shook off her euphoria to shoot Mocha a glare. “Well, most criminals say ‘it’s society to blame’ or something every time in my experience.”

 

Mocha grumbled, “I’d say that it’s the Society to blame for everything, actually.”

 

“What, us?” Bombshell growled. “Look, if you’re a supervillain, you’d be the one getting healed, since you’re not in handcuffs.  I’m going to assume that you’re at least in part being honest about your situation at the moment and--”

 

Mocha mumbled something.

 

“What was that? What did you just say?” Bombshell asked.

 

Aurora sighed softly.  This just wouldn’t stop until Bombshell got over her frustrations. Not to mention Mocha’s penchant to start fights.

 

“When you assume,” Mocha escalated, “you make an ass out of yourself and me. Or don’t they still say that, these days?”

 

Bombshell blushed redly and clenched her fists in the casts and the moment her muscles tensed and pushed against the metal, the casts started to groan.  “Don’t be a smart-ass!” she barked with a huffing. “I’m trying to be nice, here!”

 

You really are not. Aurora’s lips twisted.

 

“Well, you’re certainly trying.” Mocha smirked.

 

Redline stepped between the two, laughing softly. “Heyheyheynow… C’monyoutwowe’reallfriendsheredon’tgetallcrazynow,” she babbled.

 

Bombshell scowled. “This is your place, Aurora. I’m not going to punch this snob in the face out of respect for you, but you’d better muzzle her before I lose my patience.”

 

“Sure, shut up anyone who disagrees with you. That’s the best solution available, isn’t it?” Mocha said heatedly.

 

“Oh… kay…” Bombshell said between gritted teeth. “Erm… gonna say this… just… one… more… time.” She turned a full-on baleful look onto Mocha, shooting it over Redline’s head.  “Shut… your mouth. You’re a villain. And somehow, you are here. I assume that’s because she trusts you.” She strained her muscles and the casts shattered as she jerked an arm to point at Aurora.

 

Everyone flinched as metal flew in every direction.  A chunk flew at Aurora’s head and Mocha stepped in quickly to catch it with narrowed eyes. “Ass~u~me?” Mocha said musically with another smirk.

 

Redline whistled.

 

ENOUGH!” Aurora roared. “I didn’t bring you here to antagonize my friend, Bombshell! You’re creating some serious drama!” Her eyes fastened onto Bombshell to shoot her a glare.  

 

“Mocha is NOT a VILLAIN! She was raised by one.  That doesn’t define who you are!  Isn’t being healed enough to make you smile and chill out?” Aurora rested her hands on her hips and raised her aura to its limits.  All three winced and averted their eyes when the room lit up as though someone let the sun indoors.

 

“Like you said, this is my place, even though it’s meant to someday become a clubhouse.  Please respect my friend.” Aurora’s aura faded as she stomped over to Mocha to wrap her arms around her. 

 

“Mocha, you aren’t helping.  Most of what you say only makes things worse.  Do you understand that this kind of squabbling could ruin everything we’ve worked for today?  Everything we’ve fought for?  I’m asking everyone here to keep an open mind.  Not everything you believe is the only way.” She looked at Bombshell. “Bombshell has had a really hard day today too, and we shouldn’t all lash out at each other.  I’m sure anyone would feel the same way if they lost the use of their arms. I know that I’d be crushed if I lost the use of my wings.  Please everyone just chill and make up.”

 

Aurora padded Mocha’s head. “This girl deserves better. The goal is to give her the kind of life she wants to have, and that doesn’t involve being a villain.”

 

Bombshell seethed and Mocha pouted as she looked at Bombshell and grated out, “If you stop trying to tower over me, I’ll stop making fun.”

 

Bombshell took a deep breath and let go. “I can’t help towering over you. You’re tiny, but,” She took a step back and finally seated herself in a chair. “There, okay? Look, just let me say this without any smart-ass response.” She pointed at Mocha. “I’m sorry if I came off as belligerent, but as of now, we’re on even terms. You got some shots at me, I got some at you. We’re even, get it?”

 

Redline moved between the two again, facing Bombshell. “Thereseeeverything’sbetternow,right?” she asked, waving her hands wildly. “Stayinyourcornerandshe’lldothesame.”

 

“Red, please stop doing that. You sound like a chipmunk.”

 

“Awwww,comeondon’tbelikethat,Bombie!Look,IjustwantedyoutocomebecauseAurorasaidshecouldhealyou,okay? C’mon,I--”

 

Bombshell reached out to grab Redline, but she dodged. “OkokokOKIgetit…” Redline took a deep breath. “Ok… okay… just chill, please?”

 

Aurora watched for a moment as silence descended on the clubhouse-to-be.

 

“Thanks, everyone.” Aurora said. “I’m truly exhausted now.” She laughed and looked at Bombshell. “You didn’t examine your arms to see whether my healing worked well or not.  I did everything I was able.  If I try to heal again, it has no effect on any wound, and my healing abilities don’t energize people who were healed.  You’ll still need some rest.”

 

Bombshell nodded and flexed her arms. “I didn’t think about it, but just the fact that I could knock off those casts Vanguard made means that I’m healed.  Thanks for that, Aurora. I appreciate what you’ve done for me. She tore the other cast off her other arm and tossed the sheathe to the floor with a sigh of relief.

 

“Some people are pretty helpful, don’t you think?” Mocha sarcastically asked.
wingsbreak.png

38