5.40.9.1 – There’s Hope; Publication Will Just Be A Longer-Term Goal!
1.2k 6 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There's Hope; Publication Will Just Be A Longer-Term Goal!

 

I don't want to raise people's hopes, but I will say that Moonquill became again a possible route for publication, but the polishing of Volume 1: The Dream to be as awesome as we can will indeed take time. I'm certain that many of the other books would require a great deal less effort. I'll break down what we're up to now for you!

First off, an artist was found, and making this into an officially published light novel series should be possible with one on board. The art is looking very promising. I don't want to show any of the assets since they're unpaid for yet.

The cover is in production. Illustrations of the characters are charming and cute, very much what I imagined while SuperLuminal was being created. <3

The editing is a constant thing now, although we're all juggling it around the rest of what we do with our day. I'm not sure how many passes there have been on this first volume by now and I'm in the middle of another check: for passive writing techniques that can be rewritten to make them more active while not losing the soul of a given chapter. In addition, rough edges created and found along the way are being sanded off. Furthermore, a ton of extra content has been added.  The book has gone from 35,000 or so words to around an awesome 70,000!

That's my and AlliterativeArts' primary goal right now... making it as worthy of publication as possible no matter what happens!

If submission again failed to pass muster, this book will still be self-published!

The original concept was for all the books to include a lot of lovely illustrations, but I learned that Amazon is quite greedy and that would cause issues. Their cut is affected by the file-size of the book, which means picture books are hurt most by their policies. While making the most ideal version of the books as possible is what I most want, I still have to accept these imposed limitations and reduce the scale of what I initially wanted to do in order to still make enough from the effort.

None of the art so far will go to waste: charming character designs that gave us direction. These are surplus although were crucial for the actual illustrations in the book, because these character designs will be featured on a website at some point that would be created in joint with (and most likely a part of) my author's website, since many writers I know say you should put your name before the stories you write. 

Establishing who you are is far more important.

Heck, we're even considering doing a webtoon to help spread the word!

We'll see what happens... Note that for now this is all just speculation, but I can't in good conscience keep you all in the dark for a while. Just know that it will be a bit before the manuscript can be reviewed again.

Nya,

SignaturePink.png

16