Chapter 2: Divine Slaughter Mark
246 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They had been sailing for weeks now.

Jonathan was extremely bored, it turns out sailing for weeks is absolutely boring.

He spent his time trying to increase his sword art skill by swinging his sword, again and again, hoping it would go up as it does in video games he played in his previous life.

It was already at Level 5 Novice Stage after killing all the people on the ship and he had been trying to get it to go up.

*Sword Art Level 6*

“I think I’ll stick to leveling this by actually killing people,” said Jonathan as he huffed and sat down.

“Master, here,” said Lala as she handed him a loaf of bread.

She also looked dead inside as he had trained her ruthlessly for the past two weeks.

It's not like Jonathan knew anything about fighting or devil fruits, he was just dropped into this world after all but he pretended like he did and someone helped her get stronger.

“I mean, it should be like building muscles right, the more you use your devil fruit the stronger it becomes,” thought Jonathan when he trained her.

He also had her compress her winds to make them sharp and have her practice cutting a bock of wood from a distance.

After two weeks she somehow managed to cut it and reached Level 2.

While Jonathan thought this was extremely slow as he had leveled up 8 times in an hour a soon as he was dropped in this world, Lala was shocked at how fast she improved and her distrust at Jonathan’s abilities turned into respect.

She sat down by his side and ate another loaf of bread.

“So tell me more about yourself?” asked Jonathan as they started eating.

“Huh, are you interested in my life master?” she asked shocked while trying to eat at the same time.

“Of course, you are my loyal follower so we will be spending a lot of time together, I should know about your past,” he said.

“I-I am from Dressrosa, I and my family were living a happy life when Doflamingo took over the kingdom and turned us into slaves. We lived a torturous life for years before my parents were killed by them for being inefficient.

“Oh, that's terrible,” said Jonathan as he rubbed her shoulder.

With great emotion, she continued “I-I somehow managed to escape and have been on the run, once I got kidnapped by a pirate I ate his devil fruit and since then he has imprisoned me until I found you.”

“So, do you want to kill this Doflamingo?” asked Jonathan with a smile.

“K-Kill, h-he is a Warlord, there’s no way I can kill him,” she said scared at the thought but at the same time thinking what if she was able to do it.

Jonathan could feel her bloodlust when he mentioned killing Doflamingo.

*Ting*

*You can bestow the Divine Slaughter Mark on targets that have high bloodlust*

“Oh, what is this?” he thought as he heard the notification

*f you bestow someone with the Divine Slaughter Mark they will become your followers who have to obey every command you issue with the Divine Slaughter Seal. They will also be able to get experience and level up but the experience they get will be a tenth of what you gain.*

*You will also gain half of the experience they gain*

*Consider it like bestowing them a lite version of the Slaughter System*

“You mean they can see stats and shit as I do?” he thought.

*Yes, but it will also take a great amount of energy for you to bestow the Divine Slaughter Mark. It will also instantly level them up. How much is dependent on how strong you currently are. The more willing the target is the less energy it will take and if you force it on someone it will take a lot of energy.*

*You can also only use it on targets weaker than you, the weaker they are, the less energy will be consumed in the process*

“Why didn't you say this earlier, I wouldn't have had to pretend to train her for two weeks,” he thought as he rubbed his head.

“Right now you can’t, but I can make you stronger, strong enough you can slaughter this guy,” said Jonathan as he put his arm on her shoulder.

“Eh, r-really? I c-can one day be s-so strong I can kill him? You are not joking” she said struck with emotion.

“Yes, if you become my loyal follower,” he said as he put his arm forward and his eyes started glowing red and in them appeared a blood-red lotus.

“W-What do I do Master, tell me,” she said as she gulped and held his hand.

“Look into my eyes,” he said.

“As she looked into his eyes the blood-red lotus became bigger and bigger and her entire world turned red. She felt a great power course through her veins as she felt herself becoming stronger. Her eyes started glowing red as the same pattern appeared in her eyes.

Then right below her right eye appeared a dark red blood lotus that glowed with energy.

“Aggh, agh, this power” she coughed as she fell trying to take it all in.

Soon the shaking stopped and she got up with the blood-red lotus glowing on her cheek.

“Ah, this drained a lot of my energy,” said Jonathan as he fell down with a thud huffing. It was incredibly taxing for him too, especially because he had never done this before.

“Master, are you alright,” asked Lala with worry when she saw a screen pop up in front of her.

“Eh, Eh, what is this” screamed Lala with shock as she heard several notifications.

“That is my power, Lala” laughed Jonathan seeing her overwhelmed with information.

“Master, I feel great, I feel so strong,” she said as she shook his shoulder excitedly like a kid who got a new toy.

“Calm down, look at your stats,” he said.

“Ah, this is so cool, I can see all my skills and my devil fruit progress. This is amazing” she exclaimed

“And you are now Level 5,” he said as he laughed.

“Huh, HUH” screamed Lala as she fell.

“What am I gonna do with this girl” sighed Jonathan.

*Charm Skill Level 1*

“Oh, this is interesting,” thought Jonathan with a smile. He got up and saw a thin outline of an island coming into view.

“Finally, I see land,” said Jonathan as Lala came up behind him.

As their ship docked they saw a signboard that said, “ Orange Town “

8