Chapter 5 : It’s time to kill some fish
164 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It had been a week since they began sailing towards Conomi Islands.

Jonathan had been sparring with Nami and training her so she gets used to her new strength, he had given her a Lance and sparred continuously with her as her skill improved slowly.

She tried sparring with Lala but without a devil fruit, there was really not much she could do as the latter could chop her into pieces from a long distance.

“Are we there yet?” asked Lala looking over the horizon

“We should be there soon,” said Nami

Jonathan was also messing around with his new Ice Phoenix Devil Fruit.

“System, show me my stats,” asked Jonathan.

*ting*

Name - Jonathan Star

Level: 10

Skills :

Sword Art: Expert Stage : Level 2

Ice Phoenix Devil Fruit : Novice Stage : Level 5

Charm : Novice Stage : Level 8

“Huh, after practicing with my devil fruit for a week I managed to gain 5 Levels?” thought Jonathan as he sat down

“I’ll probably unlock the hybrid form in the next stage,” thought Jonathan.

“Show me the stats of the girls,” asked Jonathan

*ting*

Name - Lala

Level : 8

Wind Fruit : Novice Stage : Level 7

Name - Nami

Level : 6

Lance Arts : Level 3

“Lala is completely dependent on her Devil Fruit and Nami still has ways to go, probably the only way for her to improve faster is to actually fight people with that Lance.” thought Jonathan.

A few days later the finally saw Conomi Islands in the distance , as they got closer to the Cocoyasi Village they saw a few fishmen around the village.

“ Looks like they are collecting tax again” said Nami angrily.

“You have trained enough , its time to let loose” said Jonathan

As their ship landed on the dock , it caused a commotion.

Genzo looked like he was trying to negotiate with the fishmen, asking them for more time to pay their taxes and the fishmen looked like they were having none of it.

They weren’t that strong , the fishmen were just Level 3 and Level 4.

“Hey you!” said Nami as she arrived behind a huge fishman who was two times taller than her.

“Hurggh, NAMI, are you back with the money? “ he said as he recognized the girl and snarled.

But before he could say anything else Nami jammed her lance straight through his heart as he spurted blood.

“YOU, YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU ARE DOING! YOU FUCKING BITCH” said the fishman trying to get the lance out but it was too late , his heart was pierced and there was nothing he could do.

The other fishmen seeing what happened started to attack Nami immediately, as they tried to swing their swords at her back their arms were cut by a sharp wind as Lala calmly raised her hand.

“AGGH, YOU LITTLE BITCH, THIS IS ARLONG’S TERRITORY, HE WILL KILL ALL YO-“ said the fishmen tried to threaten them when Jonathan shut them up by creating several ice shards and jamming them straight through their heads killing them on the spot.

Nami , who killed the giant fishmen pushed his body away from the lance as it spurted with blood and fell down with a loud thud.

She huffed in pain as her body shook, she had never killed someone before and now managed to kill the people she detested the most. As the body disintegrated into light fragments and entered her body her strength recovered once again as she felt herself becoming stronger.

Meanwhile the villagers just looked at them with shock, these two girls took out these huge and strong fishmen like it was no big deal.

“Ginzo, are you alright?” asked Nami as she walked towards the sheriff.

“I should be asking you that question? When in the world did you get so strong you could take out a fishman?” he asked nervously.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” asked Ginzo who knew about Nami’s plan of buying off the village.

“Yes , I want to kill Arlong , once and for all” she said.

Ginzo, at the back of his head, knew that buying off the village plan from Arlong had a slim chance of success, there was no guarantee that he would not just turn back on his world and take all the money for himself.

“Are you confident?” he asked as he looked at her and the brown-haired girl who cut off the fishmen's hand with a swipe of her hand and the young man who exuded a lot of pressure on them just by standing there who kill all those fishmen with those ice shards.

“Yes” said Nami.

“then the village will be with you.” said Ginzo as he stood up.

The rest of the villagers were worried of the revenge from Arlong for slaughtering his fishmen but at the same time they were so suppressed and tortured that having just the slighest hope of Arlong being defeated gave them hope.

Especially when the Nami they thought had defected to the Arlong Pirates and betrayed them was actually trying to help them all this time.

“NAMI, are you alright?” said Nojiko as she rushed towards her and hugged her sister.

“I am fine. Don't worry.” said Nami as she hugged her sister.

“You, you have become so strong, and your friends too” said Nojiko as she smiled.

“Can we do this , can we really take revenge for Bell-mere?” asked Nojiko worriedly, Arlong was still very strong after all.

“Yes, with them by my side , we can take down Arlong” said Nami patting her sister’s shoulder.

“Well then, its time to kill some fishies , but let's take a rest for today” laughed Jonathan as he rubbed his hands while everyone was shook at his devious smile.

The next day they got ready to bring the fight to Arlong Park.

While the villages said they wanted to fight, Jonathan refused them coldly and said they would only hold them back. Of course, the real reason was he did not want to miss any experience gained.

The three of them got closer to the huge gate in front of Arlong Park.

They were still waiting for the fishmen they sent to collect taxes wondering what caused them such delay.

When the guards saw Nami they were surprised but before they could say anything Nami jumped forward and smashed the head of one of the guards with her Lance while Lala shredded the other one into mincemeat with sharp winds.

Jonathan laughed as he kicked the door open with a kick as it crumbled down with a thud.

Arlong who was sitting on his throne looked at this and was angered.

“WHO ARE THESE PUNY HUMANS, HOW DARE YOU JUST BARGE IN, AND NAMI , HOW DARE YOU KILL A FISHMEN, MEN SLAUGHTER ALL OF THEM” said Arlong arrogantly as sat down waiting for the massacre.

“Haha , Nami , I thought you were smart but it turns out you are actually stupid , do you really think a little girl like you can take us down. “ laughed Chew on the side as he saw the dozen and more fishmen surround them.

Nami did not panic , all of them were only Level 4, her bloodlust and hatred for Arlong and the fishmen sparked again as she swung her lance in a straight arc cutting the chests of several fishmen as blood flowed from their wounds as they were thrust backwards.

They were shocked a puny human could actually cut them so deep with such force

4