Chapter 7 : Killing the Big Fish
154 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jonathan who was going straight towards Arlong smiled at the slaughter.

As he was given half of the experience that Nami and Lala he was halfway through reaching Level 11.

There weren't many enemies left for him to fight as the two girls slaughtered everything but the experience he gained from killing was far higher than them.

As he walked towards Arlong , he used ice spikes to kill any enemies that tried to approach him.

The enemies who were only Level 6 and Level 7 were no match for him as he slaughtered them effortlessly through his ice spikes and the ones that made through had their throats slit by his sword giving him a massive amount of experience.

“Haha, keep coming at me , this is just farming experience on easy mode” laughed Jonathan as he kept walking and racking up experience.

*Leveled up to Level 12*

Arlong who had sat arrogantly waiting for his men to slaughter these weak humans was now shocked as two of his commanders had been slain and so many of his brethren had fallen , he also felt Jonathan becoming stronger the more he killed and decided to join the fight and take him down before he got any stronger.

He had no idea what was happening as he saw the bodies disappear into nothing.

“What kind of devil fruit is this ? Has he eaten two fruits? But that is impossible” he thought as he jumped off and dashed straight for Jonathan.

“Looks like time’s up fishies” said Jonathan as he chopped the remaining ones and blocked Arlong’s punch with his sword.

Arlong was Level 15 and three levels higher than him, he had to take this seriously.

Jonathan coated his sword with ice as he jumped back and then slashes his chest.

It left a cut but it wasn't very deep as blood slowly dripped from his chest.

“YOUGH BASTARD” he said angrily as he created water bullets and swung them at Jonathan with great force.

He saw this coming and stepped down on the ground as it froze over and created an ice wall that crumbled on impact with he water bullet but managed to barely stop it.

He created two walls of spikey ice and slammed them towards Arlong who tried to defend him with his bare hands but was pushed backward.

Jonathan dashed forward as he got on top of Arlong and slashed his sword again at the exact spot that he cut before making the wound slightly deeper.

“YOU LITTLE SHIT COME HERE” screamed Arlong as he bit Jonathan’s right hand with his saw-like teeth.

“Argh, too strong” thought Jonathan as he tried to shake himself off but the strength was way too strong for him to even move.

Arlong wanted to take this fight in the water where he would have the advantage and this devil fruit user would be a dead weight , he dragged Jonathan and jumped off towards the pool.

Jonathan obviously knew what his plan was and before he hit the pool he froze all the water and held Arlong with his other arm and flipped in the air causing Arlong to hit the hard ice as he broke free from him grip.

As Arlong crashed into the ice he screamed again as Jonathan slashed him a third time with his sword make the wound very deep and seriously injuring Arlong.

He was running out of stamina with the continuos use of his devil fruit and his right arm was almost broken as the teeth had sunk deep into his flesh.

Jonathan tried to create a wall of ice and seal Arlong him but he managed to get up and grabbed his saw-like sword and broke the ice and came straight for him.

Jonathan deflected this sword strike barely as he was flung backward.

*Sword Art : Expert Stage : Level 3*

He got back up and clashed with Arlong once again as they both parried each other. Arlong was extremely strong but he was now bleeding and injured as his strength decreased. While he had the advantange in the fight at the begining he was starting to be on the loosing end.

*Sword Art : Expert Stage : Level 4*

In this life and death situation, as he was forced to use his sword to defeat Arlong, Jonathan’s Sword Skill was rapidly improving with time as he got more tired.

He was now pushing Arlong backward with his sword strikes that became stronger and stronger before he finally managed to stagger him and struck him hard at the same place completely ripping apart his chest as his insides were blasted outside as rapidly spilled blood and died on the spot.

“Haah, haah , that was something” huffed Jonathan as he managed to kill someone 3 Levels higher than him.

*Sword Art : Expert Stage : Level 5*

*Ice Phoenix Devil Fruit : Level 8

*15000 Experience gained*

“Its gonna take some work to get to 13” thought Jonathan as he slowly recovered, while he had eaten the Ice Phoenix Fruit his recovery was not as instant as he was still just getting used to it.

He looked around and saw that everyone was dead and the villages who were keeping an eye on from the outside now came in and were celebrating.

They had finally been freed from the clutches of Arlong after so long and still couldn't believe he was finally dead.

“You did it, you killed him.” said Nami as she hugged Jonathan and cried while he patted her back.

Genzo came forward to the front along with he rest of the villages and bowed to Jonathan.

“We can’t thank you enough for what you have done” he said.

“Don’t thank me , I didn’t do this for you, I just wanted to kill some fish” laughed Jonathan as went around the battlefield trying to find loot.

He went around collected all the weapons from the dead fishmen and put it in his inventory creating a staggering stack of 247 Swords.

He had no idea what he would do with this but he thought it wouldn't hurt to have it lying around just in case.

“YOU PIRATES ,STOP RIGHT THERE , WE ARE THE MARINES , WE WILL TAKE THIS OVER NOW AND YOU WILL BE ARRESTED” said Nezumi as he came in on a ship at the location.

“Who’s this fucker?” asked Jonathan.

“It's that corrupt Marine official who got paid by Arlong to keep all of this quiet and now that he’s dead he wants to take the credit and his loot” said Nami with a snarl.

“YOU HEARD ME, NOW QUIETLY GET YOUR HANDS UP AND COM-“ said Nezumi as he walked towards them arrogantly.

“Lala, leave a few” signaled Jonathan as she hurled a few wind blades that chopped of most of the marine’s head clean off of their bodies as Nezumi and the remaining ones screamed.

“YOU, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING? DO YOU KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU KILL A MARIN-“ said Nezumi with his hands shaking as he pointed at Jonathan but in response, Jonathan swung his sword and cut off both of his arms.

“AAARRGGH, WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT, DON’T KILL ME, PLEASE , I’LL JUST GO AWAY AND NOT TELL ANYONE ABOUT THIS’ screamed Nezumi , finally succumbing to fear as his arms were chopped off and blood was flowing everywhere as he tried to crawl away.

“Oh no, you will be doing the exact opposite” said Jonathan with a smile as he stepped on him and ripped apart his shirt as the other marines watched in fear as they didn't move a single muscle.

Then with his sword as carved a lotus on his chest as the latter screamed in agony and pain.

“P-Please stop, d-dont do this, I-I will do anything” screamed Nezumi as he cried but Jonathan continued until he finished.

“Now, you have one task , you will take this guy with you and keep him alive and go to your superiors and tell them what happened here truthfully, you understand” asked Jonathan threateningly as the marines nodded rapidly and dragged of Nezumi and scurried off in their shop.

As Jonathan did not know the conditions of the main quest given by the system he did not know what exactly it meant when it told him to become an Emperor of the Seas. Was it by killing an Emperor? or by ruling multiple Islands? or by infamy and terror and people’s perception of him?

“If that might be the case , might as well blow up anything I do as much as possible” thought Jonathan and laughed.

“Oh right, we haven't looted Arlong’s treasury” he said as he walked into his tower.

“Here it is , all of it” said Nami as she showed him the treasury, he took most of the gold and artifacts into his inventory but left a little bit behind so Nami’s village could use it to rebuild itself.

While he would have wanted to swipe this clean, he didn't mind being a little kind to his follower.

5