43 The Auction
184 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 <Tokito POV >

After cleaning my chaotic vomit and dealing with Luxtin. I then finish my talks with Hatter and head back to my room, intent on familiarizing how to work fangled system. 

Tutorials Available: 4
Shop
Knowledge Bank 

Status Points: 110

Currency:0

Experience: 2200

 

Upon opening the system I discovered that the shop and knowledge bank were greyed out. With neither one functional and Calamity being irritatingly shut mouthed, my status points remained out of reach. No options left, I enter tutorials.

 

[Tutorials]

  1. Meditate: increase chaos control
  2. Trading: Unlocks shop
  3. Enter the Nether Realm: Unlocks knowledge bank (Unavailable)
  4. Using status points: Unlocks upon completing two tutorials 

 

"Seriously! And why is there a tutorial unavailab—- You know what... I don’t have enough patience or time for this run around." Perturbed, I explore the available tutorials.

 

Meditation Introductory

Your chaos energy has run amok and caused your mind to undergo constant mental attacks. These attacks may induce bi-polar behavior, lapse of emotional control, loss of memory or recall of suppressed memories, nightmares -

"Wha- is this a medical commercial?! Yeah, No. Skip that," I scroll down to the instructions. 

[Meditate]

1.Breath (or rein) in your chaos through your nose
2. Hold your breath as you move the energy to your mouth
3.Sense the energy leaving as you exhale through your mouth 
4. repeat instruction 1-3 for two hours

This will slowly increase control and lower stress levels. Please note, during Meditate your sense ability will be dulled for higher levels of concentration. This will leave you vulnerable to physical attacks, kidnapping, and enslavement. Please prepare protections before hand.

Learn: Chaos Control

[Side note; Random stats may increase the longer you meditate] 

 

This is going to take a while. I should do the trading tutorial first and see what's available in shop.

I press the trading tutorial.

 

[Trading] 1The tutorial will not count towards current mission.

An exchange of equal valued items, sources, and/or methods.

 

Ding!

[System Task: There is a an equivalent price for everything! Offer someone their deepest wish and begin trading.]

An arrow pops out the system screen pointing back to the hallway.

"...Why can't I just have a normal tutorial" sighing, I shut off the screen and leave the room, my kids in toe.

Following the arrow, we stumble on a dejected Luxtin talking to a locked up... Gilbert?

Ah, seems like Luxtins asking Gilbert to purify his seal. From how the conversations turning though, it sounds like psycho priest doesn't have the abilities to do it. I suppose this is the part I waltz in, grant his wish and fulfill the tutorial … Augh, I feel like a scammer about to poach their next victim.

 Closing in, Gilbert tells Luxtin to be careful who he trust before growing quiet. Aggravated, I pull Luxtin out of Gilberts earshot and get down to business.

"Thief, I'll unseal your jobs and skills."

"Excuse me? "Luxtin backs up as I slightly lift my mask revealing my dign charactistics. 

Luxtin stared astonished. He remembered, an old local barman tales of some jinns and how they could wish his seal off. But he was skeptic. He didn't like the idea of relying on gods, prays and much less wishes. However, desperate times calls for desperate measures. But...  

"Hold it scrawny! If you don't remove the seal properly the curse could backlash locking your own jobs down. And I won't carry dead weight into that lions den of an auction-" Luxtin hesitated then. He knew his strong points weren't his physical abilities.  "Of course, If you have a sure way to remove the seal... then lay it on me."  

...Yup, you definitely deserve the title diva-A notification interrupts Tokito train of thought.

 

Ding!

[  Your offer has been accepted! Begin the exchanging process. Warning! The Karma Balance Scales are watching and will judge if the trade is acceptable.]

Spoiler

[System Task: Unseal your wishers jobs and skills!

Any method is acceptable.

 The wishers offer must be equal to method to conclude Trade tutorial.

(Hint: You can make suggestions on payment)

Reward: +10 random stat

Punishment: -10 random stat]

[collapse]

 

That's dandy and all, but how the heck do I go about removing a seal- ah! If weird buffs and stats can be added to tools in this world, then I'll make this illogical system work to my advantage. I just hope using this won't bite me in the butt later.

I open quick creation.

{Goo Gone Seal Remover}

Requires =

300 chaos points
1 earth mana stone
1 Fruit
2 cups holy water

I have everything, but holy water. Lets see... I can't go to a church... and I doubt Hatter has any. Is there anyone I know - I then look up to a very alert Gilbert ....

“Nahele. Aukai. Sick him.” The kids run fast slamming the door.

....

After a harsh bash over the priest skull, I manage to find a flask of holy water in his nap sack.

Placing the flask in my chaos space, a create product screen pops up. I Confirm; the items disappear and a notification displays a yellow can in my space. 

"Analyze." 

 
[Goo Gone Seal Remover 3/3

Removes cured silicone, caulk and expansion foam sealant

Water based formula with biodegradable ingredients

Fresh Blueberry scent

Works on any surface!

(buffs: Can remove seals and curses)

(de-buff random color changes might occur on contact)]

 

I present the can to a stunned Luxtin.

"What will you give me for this?” I ask bopping the can on Luxtin's head. 

Rubbing his head, Luxtin says sarcastically, "Huh- oh! I thought this was a sampler-" but he stops, tongue tied as he felt the air turn eerie. 

"Alright already! I’ll pay you!" Luxtin panicked as the creepy air dissipated, “Mezmors grace! Can’t take a joke scrawny! Hmph!... Anyways, I’m a broke mouse mister! And since my protections not cuttin' as payment, what’s it you want?

 


Two days later, Auction House front seats

 

<Belace POV>

 

 After Stozo was locked up, I had no choice but to protect Sila's caravan by myself. And Gilbert having AWOLed, there's been no time to  investigate for leads on Mercenary guilds misdeeds. This morning though, Chessis came to tell me of an opportunity. The guards reported my struggles to the governor. He relented saying Stozo should aid in my investigation... on one condition. Both would stand guard over the auction and snipe any trespassers. Capturing being second level priority. 

Hmm... 

But Belece sensed something happening underfoot.  

What’s wrong with this picture? The mercs are stationed at the front and back exits. Only a few soldiers were posted next to the auctioning items. But me and Stozo are arranged- dear Kanos! We're bait! That darn tootin', sly, no good double crossin',"Snake!" my shouting alarms Stozo and pedestrians filling the seats. Stozo stares questioningly at me, but I disregard it as I try to brainstorm.

Shooting from the highest position would be best but the balconies are for VIPs and invited. And Chessis’ soldiers will catch us if we try for the roof or make a run for the exits.

Belace’s plans to escape was in vane as she saw the exits were completely covered. In a last ditch effort she scoured for a place to hide, but seats were filling in fast. 

Damn it-

“Hey Bel!" Stozo shakes my shoulder making me realize I was gripping my armrest hard. "Auctions starting. You ok?” Stozo looks at me worriedly.

"...Totes fine pup. Be a dear and grab some drinks would you hun? Also, check our six while your at it," I prayed he'd get my message. 

Nodding he leaves for the refreshment table only to quickly return with two cups of wine and his fur standing he whispers, "5  at our four and 3 at our twelve. The rest of them must hid in the crowd."

I nod sipping the luxurious wine, watching the announcer direct the crowds attention to first rounds of items and officially starting the Auction. The first exhibited were the typical outdated mid-low class weapons and armor that only C class adventures and lower leveled mercs bided on. Over time, the lower class became rowdy and eager to see who amongst the merchants, famous mercenaries, and high aristocratic families would compete as rarer items were carried out one after the other.

Everyones mood tenses as a unique crafted weapon is presented. 

"And here Ladies and Gentlemen is the newest high calibrated rifle cannon designed by the famous craftsmen Duis Dane. Starting bid is 150 gold coins with unit increases of 10..." the announcer calls. 

My interest was marginally piqued, but dies fast when the VIP balconies start competing, shooting the price to 600 gold coins. The announcer closes the bid with balcony 4  bid 2800 gold coins. 

 As the next item is announced my sight blurs before going sideways. I can hear Stozo gasp as my face slaps his untouched drink, spilling and drenching the floor in red. A half dissolved pill lay in the contents. 


 

<3rd POV>

Of Tokitos 15 blue diamonds, 10 emeralds, 7 gradidierites, 4 chaotic black opal, and 2 red beryls,  Hatter could only sell 3 Blue diamonds. He wasn't worried about lacking cash as they sold for 12 platinum and 700 large gold coins. And even with the 30% split, he kept 9 platinum and 490 large gold coins. It was surely enough to buy the whole auction if he wanted too, nonetheless...Even with his [disguise] changing his hair color and being given in a private balcony booth, Tokitos senses screamed danger. He pensively opens his status.

 

{Tokito Hazami}

 

Lv:22

 

[Species:{ Dgin/} Qaubet ]

 

[Traits: camouflage lv 8(active), high alert sense lv Max (passive), lucky encounters lv 4 (passive) , { chaotic energy absorbing lv 6 (active)} Heat resistance lv 9 (passive), Cold resistance lv 7 (passive) , poison resistance lv 5 (passive), Enchantment resistance lv 1, Curse reflect lv 1 (passive) , {Chaos emitter lv Max (passive)}, {Chaos aura lv 6}, great caution lv 7, acute hearing lv 6, acute smelling lv 5, keen eye sight lv 4, mana eyesight lv 2,  night vision lv 3 (passive), iron stomach lv 6, iron tongue lv 4, fighting survival instincts lv 3, Balance lv 1 (passive), Tumble lv 1, Hide lv 1, {Chaotic Enhancement pool (small)}, limb morphing lv 2, Dream viewing lv 1, natural observer (passive), Status points is quintupled, Experience is doubled]

 

[Titles:{ Person of another world }, {envoy of ?????}, {child of ?????}, {living gate}, Wanderer, {Survivor of sure destruction}, {Wish elemental}, Quick Thinker, Rott Eater, Limit Breaker, Beast Comrade, Master Craftsman, Dungeon Tamer, Berserker]

 

[Job: Scavenger lv 12, Tamer lv 12, Thug lv 4, Artisan lv 8, __, __]

 

[Skills: foraging lv 6, butchering lv Max, {random wish lv 3,} danger sense lv 7 (passive), taming lv 6, {chaotic space lv 3},{ random chaotic wish box lv 2}, analyze lv 10, Chaos control, Chaos Formulae Lv Max, Deconstruction lV 1, Quick creation Lv 1, sense motive  lv 1, {disguise lv 1}, deal maker lv 6, crafting lv 18, mana crafting lv 5, Enchant lv 4, Clean lv 1, Even Breathing lv 8 (passive), fast reflexes lv Max , climb lv 6, Mana hands lv 5, Crafting technique lv 3, fire punch lv 4, fire breath lv 5, fire shot lv 3, ice breath lv 6, ice touch lv 5, earth shot lv 3, earth spikes lv 7, earth shield lv 4, earth wall lv 5, jump lv 5, smash lv 6, Back stab lv 1, {Heal lv 2}, Wilds Calling lv 1, ether reflux lv 2 ]

[Specialties: crafting accessories]

[Tamed: Golden Sand Hiphon(Berry), crupingea(ele ele), {Bolt stallion (Alaula)}, { Phantom cub Core( Makamae) }]

[Spawn: Nahele (djinn), Aukai (djinn), Benipe (djinn), Akhet (djinn)]  

>Seal- 87 hour and 40 minutes remaining< 

Stats: Hp +178, Atk +132, Def +94, Agl +144, Mag +346, Lck + 401]

 

Tokito groaned, but calms seeing the previous day meditation did him well. He finally gained the skill [Chaos Control], but there was just this one thing to worry about.

"Hey, I’m the only one that should be sighing!" Luxtin curses. So close to sing again, his hopes are dashed as he never imagined that a sprince of unsealer would have him advertise 3 years for this bafoon. Of course he refused to sign the contract! But his behavior soon takes a 180 when slaves walk into stage one by one.

"Get ready man, my girl is coming up next!" 

Luxtin points at a blond half humon/ mouse folk in ragged clothes and mouth bound about to walk on stage.

  Tokito raises his hand to bid, but before he could make a call a commotion stirs below.

 

 

10