44
229 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

A commotion stirs below, as someone screams.

“Someone’s fainted!”

 Seeing the crowd in upheaval, the auctioneer quickly announces a momentary break, causing the auction staff to hastily retract all slaves and items. The auctioneer retracts the stage curtains and run to check the scenes letting everyone run amok.

Tokito’s fist bashes the arm of his chair. 

What the heck! This is worse than being hung up on a 2 hour wait call!  I’ll never be able to finish my quest or tutorials at this rate. I complain exhausted. 

Wanting to see what caused the delay, his sight hovers overs the frantic crowd, going white upon spotting two familiar faces. 

 Oh geez... Don't tell me my alert skill went off because it sensed them...

(""°−°)... (; ‾◊¯)≈

Tokito hails down a female attendant passing outside his balcony booth.

 “Could you clarify what’s causing such an uproar?” 

The attendant bows.

“Sir, a B class adventurer was found drugged and her partner, a C class mercenary, is requesting for the auction to cease until the perpetrators are apprehended. But as there's too little clues and not enough evidence of the drug the auction will  continue shortly.” The attendent explains that the drug was probably a potent roofie as it would it take a strong sleeping potion to cause a B class to fall asleep as fast as Belace did. Another staff member is tending to Belace and Stoza in he hallway until she comes too.”

 Confirming his suspicions correct, Tokito requested her to fetch Belace and Stozo to come up as his guest. The attendant nods before promptly informing the auctioneer through her crystal watch.

Shortly after, the booth door is opened allowing an excessive amount of attendants to drag in a miffed cursing Stozo and snoring Belace inside. 

“Damnit! Let go! I don’t know who you are but you better have a good fu- kid! ” Stozo jaw drops open upon discovering Tokito in proper higher class attire, no mask, and in a VIP booth. 

 Seeing their duties finished, the attendants bow before leaving to tend to their duties.

 Stozo walks around Tokitos getting used to his new appearance, “Looks like you’ve been busy. Tsk. I'd like to catch up with you but there’s are more pressing matters. I smell a snooping rat." Stozo moves aside a curtain to reveal a shrunken Luxtin. Stozo bends to grab Luxtin by the collar, but stops as a bell rings loud across the hall.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the issue has been solved and the auction shall presume post haste. I know most of you must be restless to bring home a new servant. But please be patient. During this lovely break a new item has been registered. It is my pleasure to announce that a cursed artefact which disappeared 5 decades ago will be gracing this very auction today!" The auctioneer calls as something is dragged onto the stage. 

As if to forewarn him Tokito's danger senses goes nuts. Despite the nose and ear plugs Hatter provided Tokito kneeled vomiting. His surroundings made him feel as if he was enclosed in a stadium filled with skunks, but he forbidden himself from fainting. Enduring the constant yammering of voices and fowl mixtures of dung, animals, and perfumes, his hearing slowly centered to the neighboring booth.

"sn't that placed in foxes wagons."

 

*****

A night earlier...

 After Sila finished directing her caravan to under the mayors care...

 Still moving in their fruit barrel in the back most wagon, Harris and Coyle hear the last the movers walk by and out the mayors gate. Hours in silence as the night descended. Coyle Lifted the barrels lid and was greeted by pitch black of the night. But with his night vision Coyle took note of the absence of patrol guards and fires. A perfect opportunity for stealing what they need.

Hopping out the barrel Coyle grabs Harris and takes the lead their objective.  

"Coyle, I don't like this. lets go back. If the guild master finds out, he'll cull us." Harris whispers scared. 

"I know, I know, but the money we got from selling rubies aint enough. If we sell this artefact at the auction we'll be have enough to buy Hatter a new voice box and parts" Coyle reiterates for the fifth time since beginning this stealth mission.

Entering Sila's private spatial wagon the two mercenaries promptly tear her stuff apart for their objective.  

"Coyle are you sure it's here- oh, wait! Here it is!" Harris manages to drag out a smoking red ax from under Sila's draw.

*****

Presently...

"Ugh Tokito I think we have a serious problem. There's a possibility that you'll need to abandon that Djinn mission. " Calamity speaks out loud surprising me.

With everyone still distracted by the auction I hurriedly flee to an empty hallway.

"Don't just speak out like that Calamity. You scared the crap outta me. Anyway, what's so bad that I can't finish the mssion."~ Tokito

"I wasn't planning to interfere , but from the moment we entered 'til now I've been experiencing large bouts of chaotic energy being sucked in from somewhere. It finally hit me when I saw that ax. Its curse is absorbing all the chaos your releasing. At the rate of absorption a dungeon might very well spawn any second now."

... Kuhi kēia

 

Ding!

 

Oh c'mon!

 

 

 

Kuhi kēia = this sucks

 

 

9