45
207 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ding!

Spoiler

[Mission: Be a Djinn: You're well on your way on accepting the circumstances of yourself and the universe as it is. Circe wants you to fulfill your duty as a wish elemental by granting some wishes..

  1. Trade wishes with the desperate beggars! (0/?)
  2. Trade wishes with local wish elementals (2/3)

   Reward: Passive; Luck increases by 10 points with each wish fulfilled, Hidden Aura cloak, ????

Penalty: none]

[collapse]

Update Loading....

Spoiler

[Mission: Be a Djinn: You're well on your way on accepting the circumstances of yourself and the universe as it is. Circe wants you to fulfill your duty as a wish elemental by granting some wishes..

  1. Trade wishes with the desperate beggars sold at auction (0/3)
  2. Trade wishes with local wish elementals (2/3)

{Majin request: Obtain that which was driven to madness

   Obtain: Berserker Queens Ax (cursed) 0/1}

   Reward: Passive; Luck increases by 10 points with each wish fulfilled, Hidden Aura cloak, ????

Penalty:  Sanity decrease -50  ]

[collapse]

 

Shit!  Tokito internally screamed, quickly ran back into the booth. 

"Sold to booth 22 at 578,000 gold coins." The actioner hollers signaling that he was too late. The ax is pushed behind the stage curtain where it will not be seen again until winners  pick up.

  "Goddamn it!" Tokito profanes expecting a failure notification to go off any second.

   Slightly amused and miffed at the turn of events, Calamity states, child, the Majin never specified you had to purchase the item. The quest will be registered complete as long as you bring in the ax. 

That's... a little too ambiguous... Whatever! Let's see..  I refuse to resort to stealing.And even if I wnated toa plan of stealth wouldn't be practical. Too many guards and mercenaries. So that leaves me with just one option. Tokitos' eyes divert to Luxtin. Hey Calamity, How much time do I have before the dungeon spawns.

Not all of the conditions have been completed yet, so you have about... 2 hours. Calamity explains watching Stozo and Luxtin being separated and sat down next to Belace. It then warns Tokito, But if a catalyst interrupts you'll have 5 minutes at best or worst 30 seconds to capture the ax before we're plunged into an abyss of chaos.

The let's hope I'll be able to convince this kiaʻi maka ʻole in 20.  Tokito pulls Luxtin and Stozo apart. "Mouse, let us renegotiate your wish payment."


<??? POV>

Growl.

Rumble.

Tiny dirty feeble hands scratch at the noisy pestering stomach to quench the empty pain. But the stomach only growled in protest.

So hungry...

need...

food..........

Growls

Someone... Somebody... just a bit of brea-

The hungry ranting freeze. Whiffs of spices cause my already aching stomach to growl louder.

The waifs small bony legs run unconsciously to a seemingly empty stall where  a cooking pot stands unattended. Feeble hands grasp the pots handles, but the waifs lack of muscle barely drags the pot off its station spilling its contents onto the dusty brimstone walkway. The empty stomach didn't care though and hurries to eat the steaming dirt riddled meat and vegies.

"Huh? Hey brat what are you doing over here- Gah! My Soup!" But the spoiled feast was interrupted by a strong voice. Suddenly the waif is yanked from the back of their shirt and faces and angry stand cook, "You little shit! That whole pot was worth at least 200 silver coins!"

Slap! 

My face stings, but my unfilled gut manages to keep me awake. Sight and hearing mangles as I'm tossed around.

 Still irritated spouts, my capturer spouts,"-doubt--- pay me back--- Sell --- Just in time for the Slave Auction."

And with those last few words I'm carried away to the one place my guardian tried to protect us orphans from. The growling pains returns along with a heavy heart of despair.

Hatter. I'm sorry! 

 


 

Re-negotiations finished, Tokito sprays the Goo gone seal remover permanently destroying Luxtins seal. Meanwhile, Stozo exchanges with Tokito (in very few words) on what's happened since parting. Finding some conspiracy afoot after listening to each-others stories the three plan on what should be done next. The auction soon end and the three leave Belace to rest in the booth heading backstage to pay for their auction prizes.

<Luxtin POV>   

 Testing my unsealed vocal chords, a smooth melodious hum elicits the corners of my mouth to twitch into a smile, Finally, I can sing again! However, thinking back on our deal makes me rub the nape of my neck nervously, Now I just need to come up with 4,450 gold coins to free Zee.....Man, why did those assholes in booth 7 have to drive up the price! As if to comfort himself Luxtin looks ahead to the payment area where auction prizes are waiting along with Zeenubrih. Everything is going to be a- Ok as I have you by my si- 

"Kid, you sure you want to trust this rat. They're well known for skimping when it comes to paying debts."~Stozo

 This noisy fox!!! I point at Stozo's obnoxious tools and tricks belt, "At least my peeps know what it means to keep coin in our pockets instead of spending it on useless potions and trinkets! We not like you foxes who robs their buddies! We both glared at one another and would have gotten into a fist fight if the tall boss hadn't snapped his fingers making us glare at him instead.

"Ssshhh! Stop your idiocy. We're in a heavy armed crowd. Keep your wits on guard. Luxtin, position."~Tokito

"Tsk! Whatevs man. I'm going." I slowly scoot into a dim corner as to not attract attention.

Making sure no guards or mercs have sights on me, I quickly shrink and climb up a prompts boxes curtains to the house lights. Several minutes pass spying on the cursed ax's bidder's private exchange room. 

What's taking so long?! Are they freaking paying in copper coins?, I grew anxious as the transaction was taking too long. As I look over the entire venue to make sure I haven't got the wrong room I notice a fairly thick cook dragging a scrawny kid behind him towards the auctioneer. Looking closer I discover that the kids face is someone I've passed several times since I've stayed in this city here. Shit! That's one of Junkers kids! 

Just as I was about to skitter over to take a closer peek a loud bang goes off right next to me.

Boom!

A chandelier explodes! The blast hits me into a curtain binding me into a tangled mess. Screams of panic ensues.

"Ok everyone this is a stick up! On your knees! Now!" A female voice erupts.

Mezmors grace! What the fuck is going on out there?!  The curtain enclosed and no way to see, I have no idea if tall bro, the fox, and Zeenubrih is fine. Dammit! Please be okay Zee!

I start singing a lullaby hoping tall bro and the fox can go on to the next stage of our plan when out of nowhere.

"Stop that twerp!"      

 

 

kiaʻi maka ʻole = Furry gaurd

 

8