Abel
3.4k 4 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Abel sighed as he walked into his house and threw his bag onto the floor. He had just come back from a climb on Ojos del Salado, which is the volcano with the highest elevation in the world and is on the border of Chile and Argentina.

After he reached the peak he still felt no excitement, as it was nothing compared to Mount Everest, which he had also climbed before.

He slumped into his chair as he looked around the room. It was well furnished and was filled with top of the line products. Even the clothes he wore while climbing Ojos del Salado were worth more than some people's annual paychecks.

The room, however, had very little for decoration and would be considered bland. It was pure white, which drew a stark contrast to Abel's blood colored hair. There was also a television, that was eternally off, as Abel found watching television even more boring than sitting in complete silence.

Abel sighed as he got up from his chair, walked over to his bed and flopped on in as he contemplated life.

He was twenty-two this year, and he felt like he had accomplished everything he could in life. Or at least everything he found to be interesting.

He grew up as an orphan and left the orphanage at eight years old because he was bored playing with the other children all day. In order to feed and clothe himself, he dabbled in stocks and quickly became a millionaire, which then caused his funds to grow even faster, becoming the youngest billionaire ever at the age of thirteen.

After having all the money he could ever want he decided to start seeking thrills to have more excitement in his life. He tried everything he could think of.

First, it was the basics, drugs, women, and cars, but he soon bored of those too, so he decided to step up his game, and began doing extreme sports.

He did everything from snowboarding, to skydiving, and everything in between. Over the span of seven years, since he was fifteen he was trying all the extreme sports he could find, but recently these began to bore him as well.

He had tried to study mathematics and physics, but those would bore him as well. However, for the sake of his extreme sports, he forced himself to learn the most spoken languages of the world. He knew Russian, Mandarin, English, Spanish, French, and Hindustani.

Last week he hunted a blue whale, but he felt no excitement in that, and the week before when he wrestled with alligators he was also bored the whole time.

Abel tried to think back to the last time he was not bored with life and had to go into his distant memories before he finally found one that brought a smile to his face.

It was back when he was nineteen, and he was actually with a woman. Thinking of her brought a bigger smile to his face.

28