The New King
1.5k 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was out working in the fields when a commotion happened, and all the workers were called in from work because there would be a town meeting apparently.

I was happy that I got a break from work, and wiped the sweat from my brow as I walked towards the town center.

My name is Nathan Calahasey

and...

♫I'm just a small town farmer. Livin' in a lonely world. I took the midnight wagon goin' anywhere.♫

♫I was just a city boy, Born and raised in South Beloit, Then I took the midnight wagon goin' anywhere♫

♫A miner in a smokey cave, the smell of coal and toxic fumes, a smile they can share the night, it goes on and on and on and on♫

♬Miners waiting, up and down the mineshaft, their shadows shifting through the night, streetlight people, living just for their own emotions, playing somewhere in the night♬

♫working hard to get my fill, everybody wants a thrillpayin', anything to roll the dice, just one more time, some will win, some will lose, some were born with silver spoons, oh, the play never ends it goes on and on and on and on♫

♫Miners waiting, up and down the mineshaft, their shadows shifting through the night, streetlight people, living just for their own emotions, playing somewhere in the night♫

♫don't stop believin', hold on to the feelin'.♫

*Scene Close* *Music Stops*

I arrived in this village three years ago, after I took the midnight wagon, I arrived here in the small village of Delphi and settled down.

I followed the crowd as we all arrived at the town square, and there was a lot of murmuring and chatting as people were trying to guess what the meeting would be about, and who those two people next to the village chief were.

One was an extremely beautiful woman with poofy white hair and a perfect body. As my eyes drifted towards her breasts I swore I felt bloodlust leaking from her, so I quickly darted my eyes away and looked towards the other visitor.

It was a man so handsome I felt inferior just looking at him, and he seemed to radiate some sort of aura of suppression like it was told in the legends that kings had. Only to me, it seemed like this was much more powerful than in the stories.

The Mayor soon went up and introduced him, and I was stunned to hear that he was our new king! Although he looked like someone who was destined for greatness I was surprised he would want to rule over this tiny little village on the edges of Aslan.

He then began to talk about how a new dungeon surfaced here, and he was placed in charge of it.

I was immediately ecstatic and a smile plastered across my face as I began to cheer along with the crowd, as we envisioned countless riches flowing into our city.

As his speech continued our cheers grew louder as the vision of greatness he was implanting in our minds grew larger.

After the speech, he suggested a party and we all agreed, and we happily drank, sang, and danced deep into the night letting out all of our joy.

14