Avery’s Magic Trinkets
1.2k 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Abel and Mary were walking through the streets of Zalfari looking and all the attractions.

Vendors filled the streets, and there was plenty of hustle and bustle, as people were bargaining for better prices, or yelling out items at their shop.

Abel's eyes constantly roamed about, because all of this was new to him.

He even saw some other races like beastkin aside from Mary, like rabbits, or lions. He even saw an elephant beastkin that was over ten feet tall. There was also a few Elves, Dwarves, and Gnomes. Although they were in much fewer numbers than the beastkin.

They walked through the crowd, and even had to fend off some pickpockets, as they made their way deeper into the city.

After they left the vicinity of the gates there were fewer vendors, and the streets were less packed.

They walked until Abel noticed a shop called [Avery's Magic Trinkets] which drew his attention so he walked towards the store, and Mary followed him.

They stepped inside, and a little bell that hung on the door rung when they entered. The shop was very small, and there were wooden shelves with different items sitting on top of them.

Looking towards the counter he noticed that no one was sitting behind it which he found odd, but he decided to keep browsing, and looked around the shop more.

Looking at the items with all the labels he was surprised at the functionality of magic items. There were magic stoves, magic pens, and even magic underwear! Abel was unable to understand what use magic underwear could have, but he understood the gist of most of the others.

As he was looking through the store he heard a thump and saw an old man with a beard that nearly reached the floor slowly descending the stairs as he headed towards the cashier's counter.

He sat down behind it and said nothing to Abel as if he didn't exist.

Abel also said nothing and kept browsing through the store with Mary quietly following behind him like some sort of bodyguard.

As he was looking Abel noticed that in the corner of the shop there was a barrel of old trinkets that had a sign that said, 10 coppers.

Abel quickly glanced over this and shook his head because he knew that those were trash items, and there was no way someone would possibly be able to acquire something good from them unless they had some sort of plot armor.

Once he found something he liked, which were a few essential items, like a magic stove, and a water heater. He collected them all and walked towards the counter.

The old man at the counter looked at Abel and looked towards his items, before grabbing one and taking it while saying "This one isn't for sale. The rest will add up to 50 Silvers".

"Why would you put it on display if it's not for sale!" Abel said as he really wanted the crystal ball which the old man just took.

"I said its not for sale, so its not for sale! If you don't like it, then I will take all the items back and you can find them somewhere else!" The old man raised his voice while looking at Abel in a provocative way.

Abel grumbled something about being stingy, and not very business minded, but fished out 50 silvers from his pocket, which he got in exchange for some DP, and purchased the items before he left.

After Abel left the store the old man slowly stroked the crystal ball as he said "A storm is coming isn't it love?" looking at the place where Abel was standing.

12