Only one room
1.1k 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Abel and Mary asked the old man at the receptionist desk where the nearest Inn was, and he gave then directions while giving Mary a knowing look, secretly showing her a thumbs up.

Being encouraged by this Mary smiled and nodded at him, as she left with Abel.

They arrived at the inn, and Mary said: "Give me the money so I can book us both a room!"

"It's okay, I will do it myself," Abel said as he was preparing to go talk to the innkeeper.

"NO!" Mary yelled stopping Abel in his tracks, "I mean, it is not fit for a future king to book his own hotel room, so let me, your assistant do it in your place." Mary said holding his arm preventing him from moving further.

Abel felt her words did make some sense, so he gave her two gold coins, which he thought would be sufficient, and let her book them each a room, while he waited.

Mary was practically jumping in joy as she skipped towards the innkeeper. She met up with the innkeeper and began to whisper with her until the innkeeper had an "I got you" look on her face.

Mary then put a frown on and walked back to Abel and said: "It seems this Inn only has one room left, so I just bought the one." Secretly pleased in her heart at her ingenious plan.

Abel frowned and said, "I'll go talk to the innkeeper then, and ask for a refund and we can find a hotel somewhere else" Already seeing through what Mary did, Abel wanted to tease her.

"No! No! No!" Mary quickly said and shook her hands "We already paid, and it is really late, so we should get to sleep soon, as we need to check out the magician's guild tomorrow"

Abel nodded in agreement as he put a mock disappointment on his face and said: "I guess there is no helping it, we must share the same room".

"Why do you look so disappointed!" Mary said as she pouted.

"I just wanted to wait until after marriage before we did this, but there is no helping it now," Abel said looking at Mary.

Hearing this Mary's face turned pink when Abel began to speak of marriage, and she began to feel a little regret for her decision.

Abel couldn't take it anymore and started laughing, and Mary finally realized he knew what she did, and was messing with her.

She pouted as she hit his arm "You are mean to me! But now that you already said you will Marry me, there is no taking it back! You hear me!"

Abel nodded as he said "Sure, Once I become an Emperor I will marry you" seriousness appeared on his face, as he was no longer joking around with her.

Mary nodded and smiled, as she pulled Abel up the stairs towards their room. There was no dinner today, as they checked in too late.

13