Bitter
98 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the Hirogori mansion, all the guests began to grieve while speaking to one another. Most likely talking about how great a person Emily was, or how it was unfortunate it was for someone so young to pass away.

What a bunch of quacks.

Seven-year-old Mimi Hirogori sat in a short wooden chair in a corner of the large dining room. With a cup of tea in hand, she leisurely brought it up to her tiny little pink lips in a delicate manner.

Bitter. Seems like everything now the past couple of days had either tasted bitter or bland. Maybe she should go see the doctor? Who knows it could be serious.

Sitting with her back straight, Mimi continues to stare emptied eyed at the half-empty teacup in her soft little palms. Guests passing by would look at the small child with pitiful looks, a few walking up to her saying things like "I'm sorry for your loss" or "Hang in there kiddo."

Mimi couldn't help but sneer inwardly at these sentimental remarks thrown her way. In all honesty, did any of these people really think any of that? Or were they just trying to use her misfortune as a way to get on her family's good side? What a joke.

Hadn't they noticed that she didn't cry at the funeral?

Mimi was, of course, sad for the death of her sister, but to her, everything felt numb. Just a couple of days ago Mimi could vividly remember her sister coming to her room to discuss her business plans, including her wedding arrangements.

Although young, Mimi understood the concept of business.

Only Emily understood.

Apparently, the company was planning on investing in a new project which was said to be worth millions. It really seemed to pique an interest in little Mimi, but of course Emily bubbly as always dropped the discussion on the project and began asking Mimi on color themes for her wedding.

Wishing to know more about the companies new project, Mimi decided to drop it as she gazed intently at her sister who was grinning foolishly over her wedding plans. That smile brought joy into Mimi's heart.

With the sound of footsteps approaching her, Mimi looks up to see a pair of cold distant gray eyes stare down at her.

Her half-brother, Seth.

3