New Toy
105 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

5 months later...

"We'll take it."

The young man turns to look at the realtor with a radiating smile, hands in pockets.

"A-alright then! If you and your daughter could just wait for me to get the paperwork's you'll need to sign, the two of you can get settled in." The realtor woman says trying the best to stay composed at the sight of his handsome smile.

Looking down at the small young girl beside the handsome young man she couldn't help but find the father and daughter a beautiful pair.

Both truly were too breathtaking...

The woman then walks out of the small apartment to receive the forms from her car. Watching the realtors back slowly fade from view the young man's bright expression vanishes.

"My, my, who would have thought she'd think we look like a father and daughter pair," Mimi says turning to look up at the young man with a mischievous grin. "You must feel honored to have me as your daughter huh?"

Sighing, the young man also known as Mimi's adoptive brother, Alec, looks at the young mischievous little girl with complicated emotions.

Who would have thought such a little girl everyone deemed as useless to be so wickedly smart?

It all happened five months ago.

A week after Emily's death, Mimi decided to finally step up her game. Without the care and support of her sister, Mimi's life finally started to seem pathetic in her eyes.

Her family hated her. She was disowned, ignored, and was thought out to be completely useless.

Before, none of that really mattered as long as she had Emily who still loved her. But now Emily was gone.

The matter concerning Emily's betrayal towards the family, Mimi refused to believe her sister was in any part of that matter. At least until she had the proper information to cover that.

Some people might think of Mimi as being a heartless, or naïve little girl who still hadn't accepted her sister's death, but to Mimi, crying and acting all depressed in her room wouldn't change the fact that her own sister, whom she loved and still loves very much, was dead.

If she was to really do something about Emily's death she'd need to change her ways to prove Emily's faith and trust in her right for once.

She needed to become stronger and more powerful if she wanted to survive in this so-called hell hole of a family.

How was a seven-year-old child going to do that?

Mimi had a sought out plan, but in order to do that, she needed to leave the Hirogori house. She planned on leaving much later in her life when was old enough to and possibly with the help of Emily, but now she couldn't see that happening.

To her, the house wasn't a place filled with fond memories, if anything it was a cage that kept her trapped from the outside world and the press. She was certain majority of the world who knew the Hirogori family didn't even know he had another daughter.

Emily, who lived in her own little condo away from the Hirogori house, would visit Mimi from time to time and discuss work with her.

From what Mimi could pick off from her last conversation with her sister before her accident, was the company was investing in a big project and collaboration with a small but successful company called ANSETT.

They would spread their trades to other countries at a fair price. When Emily left that day, Mimi took it upon herself to do a little research. And who knows maybe some hacking. It was easy to learn with the help of a few tutorials on the internet.

After learning some information from the web and the Hirogori's company system, Mimi soon discovered because of certain disagreements with the profits the other company was receiving they dropped the collaboration.

Mimi couldn't help scoff at her father's greed and prideful thoughts. He was the type of person to always look down on those of lower status and who were weaker.

Rich men sometimes...

Hacking into a few company codes and systems, Mimi soon found the original contract from their previous negotiations.

After reading it, Mimi really thought the company ANSETT made a smart move to back out of her father's agreements.

If they were to agree to these terms they'd surely go bankrupt in one month. Continuing to read more of the contract, an idea popped into Mimi's genius head.

Alec, Mimi's adoptive older brother a year younger than the rest of her brothers, started up his own company. If she remembered correctly they weren't very large but secretly owned a few small businesses such as condos, cafes, and malls around the country.

Even with all his success their father still looked down on the young teenager.

Leaning back in her chair she grinned evilly. Seems like she just found a new toy to catch.

3