Chapter 19: Caught In The Act
782 19 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Should I change (Westernized) the names of the characters? [This is bothering me]
  • Yes, Duh. Votes: 27 40.3%
  • No, Duh. Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Maybe, Duh. Votes: 24 35.8%
Total voters: 67

Chapter 19: Caught In The Act

Fatty Jhin dug a bit of the cold pudding, raising a spoonful to his mouth. The taste was exquisite, a perfect partner for his bulging tummy. It was very soft, lightly scented, covered with sweet chocolate and cream.

He clicked his tongue, praising himself for choosing the best dessert in the cold fridge. It was a delicacy.

Fatty's eyes darted towards the screens in front of him. He was following all three live-visuals of the cargo trucks. It seemed like these three trucks are today's special targets. His brain processing all that's happening and preparing for possible countermeasures.

According to the plan - Zhou Qi, Sasa, Cheng Shi, and the special police officers would infiltrate the three trucks. The three trucks would be the key. The team would take over these vehicles and play as if nothing happens.

Based on the machinery involved, there's definitely someone big involved here. No one can get a truck unless supported by someone rich and powerful.

"An influential city councilor or a rich businessman? Hmnn, who's the poor man?"

Fatty immediately called Lieutenant Chu. In these cases, all information must be concealed until everything was a done deal. Sp calling the Lieutenant was a must-do.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

"Fatty? What's this for? I already sent the payment to Zhou Qi in advance."

"A good midnight to you, Lieutenant Chu. We already received it. I truly appreciate your patronage from the bottom of my heart. Anyway, on the side talk, may I be blunt, I think some rich magnate or a big guy in the government is involved in the case. Could you please gag every information we got as highly classified?"

"Don't worry about that, grandp- I mean, the Lord of Trent had already frozen all the information."

"Thank goodness. I already tracked the three cargo trucks coming from Basil Street. Please be ready in about 20 minutes. Please do inform your men. The first part of our plan will start soon."

"Okay, I'll inform them. Call me if you need anything."

"Princess! Help us, please! Your grandpa is acting up again..."

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"..."

"It's nice to have a good employer. They handle the stressful part, and they also pay well."

Fatty stretched out his thick limbs, ignoring the thing he heard. He moved around, a short exercise to let his blood flow better. According to some legit facts he read, it helps in promoting better blood flow into the brain, something his brain needs.

It would help him think better and clearer. Of course, he was not counting how clogged his veins and arteries were.

He sat again and tapped a blue button near the three monitors.

"Zhou Qi, you hear me?"

"Loud and clear Fatty. What's up?"

"They're coming in 15 minutes, prepare yourselves. Please make it smooth as possible. Take over their communication channel first. Help me with that so I can tap their calls in the line."

"Copy."

Before Zhou Qi hung up, Fatty heard a familiar voice of a lady, shouting. "Wait, I'm sensing something! Don't eat my pudding, Fatty! I paid a lot of money to Cheng Shi to make tha....!"

Tut. Tut. Tut.

Fatty Jhin lowered his eyes; he saw the empty pudding container. It was wiped clean, a proof of its deliciousness.

Then, his eyebrows twitched. "Now, how will I settle this?"

Fatty slowly strode towards his command seat. He opened another database from the high-tech screen. He clicked a pink-colored logo, and he browsed around the files.

Soon, his stressed eyebrows relaxed. He whistled after finding the folder he was looking for. With a smile, Fatty opened the digital file.

The folder was able to make him a happy Fatty from a worried Fatty in a jiffy. He browsed the title and copy-pasted it at his desktop. With a confident smile, he uttered.

"A Nice Guide for Cooking Dummies: How to make an Extremely Delicious Pudding."

The road was black ink. The stars above were not enough to cover the dark stained roads. The headlight of the large cargo truck was the only thing that served as the guide to the driver.

There were once street-lamps here years ago, but they had all been rendered useless. After all, the value of energy became something worth more than gold.

"Hey, Jethro! Can I already drive straight to the old warehouse? These dark roads are driving me crazy! No one will follow us in these dark empty roads anyway."

"Fine, I think no one is following us. The councilor also informed us that there are no operations tonight."

"Great! Inform the other trucks. We must end this mission fast. The boss promised us a big reward after this night." The man named Jethro squinted, his smile reeling with his evil desires. "I believe he will give us fine ladies of our choice from the captives."

"Haha, I don't want those ladies. I only want some good wine or beer. A brand that I have yet to taste. That's enough for me!"

"Peh! Only a dog will believe you! Last time you're the one who managed to pick the best lady from the batch. So f*cker how did it taste?" Another man chortled with his guttural voice.

Soon, the driver of the cargo truck saw the headlights of the other two vehicles. They were converging into one place. Each truck was moving to the same clear destination.

"We are near! Get ready, everybody."

Soon, the three trucks sounded their horns together. The gate of the old warehouse opened, replying to the honks of the three large vehicles. The three trucks entered the hideout.

Rough-looking men welcomed them. Their ugly faces were clear proof of being a goon. Everything was going smoothly, it seemed.

Jethro smiled after seeing some man waiting for them. He jumped down from the truck going to the toilet to take a leak.

"Going to take a leak first! I'll come down later. Just give me a minute."

One of the disguised men waved at him with a creepy grin. "No problem, take your time. We'll open the cargo and start loading!"

"Hey! Fill the trucks to the brim!"

"Yeah! Yeah! F*ck I know, so move away now."

A man from the warehouse shouted. "Oh, wait for me. I'm going to take a leak too."

Jethro strode to the comfort room. One of the guards of the warehouse following behind him.

Jethro observed the guy. The guy seemed stupid. It showed like he a newbie.

Jethro moved to the mirror, taking a short glimpse of his self. He nodded before making his way into one of the urinals. Then, he unzipped his thing. "Man, it's really dark tonight. We almost thought we're going to suffer some incident!"

"Really? Sucks to be you. Anyway, my boss is very excited. She was waiting for you guys for a long time. Anyway, she told us that we're goin' to earn our keep today."

"She? I thought your boss was Mash? You're new man?

"Yes! I'm very new. And no, no. The boss had already been changed. We currently have a lady boss."

"Well, I wasn't told about that!"

"Of course, you will not know. Damn! It will be a miracle if you know."

...

The innocent grin of the man sent shivers to Jethro's whole body. "Wait, let me call someone, I'll confirm everything first."

"Fine, fine. Take your time. Whew! Going to take a leak first!"

Jethro sensed something, his heart stuffed with unease. His instincts sending a creeping warning as if it met a great beast. Something was wrong! I better move now and let the boss know as soon as possible. He immediately pulled his zipper up and silently pulled a gun from his holsters.

"You? What's your name?!" Jethro pointed his pistol at the man beside him.

Jethro moved his eyes and looked at the grinning man on the other urinal. The man was still smirking as if the pistol pointed at him didn't even bother him.

"Wait, man! Heck, hold on until I finish my thing." After the shudder, he zipped it up and raised his hands in the air. Even so, he didn't look like he dreaded the pistol aimed at his face. He stared at Jethro as if he was looking at a dead man. "Ehem. Me? Sorry, I'm quite new here. My name is Zhou Qi."

Still decluttering the chapters - 12/8/2020

Thank you for reading. If you liked the novel please add it to your reading list. Please do click the heart-shaped button to support me. My Patreon is also open for your support!

Please check my other novel: The Last Dukes' Memoirs

 

26