Chapter 28: How To Be an Action Star
230 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 28: How To Be an Action Star

"You know I also believe that we've had met for a reason. Hmnn, how about I give you 500,000 Zeals. I believe this is enough to show good faith."

Being offered with a half-million made Shaft grin, his guard lowered due to the 'chi-chings' in his mind. "Haha, you'll really be a good partner!

"I hope my eyes don't fail me this time! I call a deal!" Shaft stood up from his chair, reaching out his hands for a handshake, a snaky curl formed on his lips. "If you want, I also have a better business offer. A business model you might like."

Zhou Qi lifted his hand, catching the other man's hands with the fakest smile a gangster could give. The moment he shook Shaft's hands, he felt a dark force creeping to his arms.

The loan shark's pupil constricted, alarm bells ringing in his ears. The creepy energy crept, spreading from his hands into his arms. It was clear that the dark energy was trying to control his body.

All of a sudden, Zhou Qi felt a warm current bursting forth from his body. The new friendly energy gathered around the black force as if it just saw a yummy treat. Soon, it moved towards the dark power, eating it like it was some delicacy.

_______________

"System Attributes."

Attributes:

Strength 7

Dexterity 7

Endurance 7

Intelligence 8

Mystery 3 (10% - increasing.) (Eating dark energy Lvl. 1)

Charm 8

Luck 8

Grade: G (Mortal)

[System Notes: I still exclaim till now how friggin lucky you are punk! It leaves a very bitter taste on my mechanical mouth. May you bloat like a balloon! May you fart till you reach the highest skies after eating that energy!]

_______________

Zhou Qi caught sight of the system's blabbering. The system was playing the Tsun-Tsun game again. The system loved sending hints like this.

Even so, a light flashed in his eyes. Damn! So the mystery thingy is energy, or maybe even magic or elements. Nevertheless, it seemed like learning this will be quite painful. If he wanted lightning ability, will he be required to eat a lightning strike? The thought itself clamped down Zhou Qi’s rising expectations.

Anyway, he must first deal with this bastard. Such poisonous snakes should be killed. Even he gets the first move; I'll smash him in the second. Zhou Qi thought. This skinny guy who loved paradise must at least see some hell.

The loan shark's voice turned deep as an abyss. His eyes were shaking with anger, his furrows creating valleys and mountains. With a deep baritone voice, he showed a frown towards Shaft. "What's the meaning of this…Shaft?"

He raised his eyes, a not-so-furious expression evident in his face. His lean arms equipped and loaded with seven strength attributes showed its effect. A chilly smile glinted on his lips. He added a little more force than usual. Just a little. I mean, just enough to crush some puny hands…

The snake-like smile of Shaft slowly shifted to a crooked smile. Soon, his face started twitching; sweat built its way to his forehead. A few more seconds passed, the smile was now gone. Now, he was using his other hand to remove his hand from the shake-hand position.

A small voice came out from Shaft's mouth.

"Ouch…"

"Ouch?" Does this freak want to save some dignity?

With all his strength, Shaft tried to pull his hands away. Yet, he felt the grip turning tighter and tighter. His face no longer pale but black. He looked at Zhou Qi's deep set of eyes that seemed like growing darkness. He felt like he was looking at the abyss.

Shaft's heart shook. He realized that Zhou Qi wasn't even affected by his energy. He felt like he was feeding a glutton. He was throwing food in a bottomless pit, expecting to fill it soon.

With a sudden outburst, Shaft roared.

"F*cker! My hand! Help! Guards! Stop! I'm just testing you. Anyone, help me! Noo! Arghhh…" Sounds of lettuce and broccoli getting ripped flowed on Zhou Qi's ears. It was a treat to his ears.

The betting was still being occupied by all the people around. No one could hear him except for a few guards and waiters. The moment they saw their boss twitching in pain. They ran to help.

"Too much for a test, Peh! Don't worry, unlike you. I don't like testing people!"

Shaft's eyes widened. He saw no mercy on the loan shark's devouring eyes. He felt like he owed the loan shark a lot of money. And the man was coming to him with full force. No wonder Wuren hid from this bastard! This guy is the incarnation of all debt collectors. A tough and crazy nut. May it be money or blood debt, he'll make sure you pay.

Hearing the call of their boss, they ran towards Zhou Qi. Their fist aiming at Zhou Qi's guts, head, kidneys, and liver. A waiter even smashed a glass, running to stab it at Zhou Qi's throat.

"Do it! Kill this bastard now." Shaft pulled a knife with his other hand. He ignored the pain. The knife suddenly turned black as if it was cursed. Shaft pointed the blade at Zhou Qi's throat, slashing with abandon.

Zhou Qi dodged, his body blurring a little. He then punched Shaft, sending the snake into the air.

The people around rushed towards Zhou Qi. Their faces changing into horror.

The boss must be saved, or else they're all dead.

Seeing this, Zhou Qi pulled out his Sig-Sauer from his black tuxedo. He felt a bit awesome. Maybe this was what Jamas Band felt in those movies. In a flash, the pistol covered by a noise suppressor blazed…

[Psh, psh, psh…]

Ah, it feels sleek. Zhou Qi thought.

...

Shaft flew like a cannonball after getting a not-so-gentle punch on his face. He rolled on the ground in pain. Holding his wrist, he squirmed on the ground. He looked at his debilitated right hand, full of regret. Catching the sight of his newly-made twisted fingers, he shrieked. I mean, of course, he would!

The more you see, the greater the pain.

Poor Shaft had never thought that his plan would fail. His ability had already conquered quite a few wielders. He even managed to pull a fast one against a few local wielders. He was already planning to go big. His target was the elusive city lord, the ruler of Trent. Simply put, he wanted to put his hands at this big pie.

After releasing a perfect uppercut against Shaft, Zhou Qi spun. He waltzed, dancing as if he was in a ball. Shooting here, shooting there. Getting a nice feel on what action stars felt on those cool movies. With his customized Sig-Sauer on his hand, he looked as dashing as ever.

Suave! That's what he feels, so deal with it!

Pshh. Pshh. Pshh.

Zhou Qi’s pistol shot all the stupid mutts rushing at him. Of course, only those who have an extreme intent to kill him. For the others, he simply crippled them with a shot on the knee. I mean, both knees.

Zhou Qi stretched his neck. The few high-speed movements made him jittery. Even so, it felt fun. A smile bloomed on his lips.

As soon as he finished the short warm-up, Zhou Qi sensed something disturbing. He looked around and discovered eerie quietness permeating the spiraling halls.

His lax smile faded as his lips fell downward. "What?"

The music-laced party halls just… went silent.

A shiver arose from Zhou Qi's spine as he discovers that all the eyes were focused on him. The waitress, the waiter, the councilor, the businessmen, the ladies, and all the other guests.

The loan shark saw confused eyes staring at him. No fear nor anxiety in their movements. No one ran away even after seeing a bunch of new dead bodies lying around. His gun, not even catching their attention. The people gazed at him with speaking eyes. It seemed like they couldn't even utter any word.

The people around were like mannequins, their souls trapped in their dyed pupils. Their eyes were showing what they were feeling, but not their bodies. It seemed like they want to tell something. Yet, confusion and anxiety overwhelmed them.

Zhou Qi furrowed his brows. He could feel the thumping of his heart. He raised his guard after catching the smudgy feeling. Though, he doesn't feel any life-threat from the watching eyes. It still made him uncomfortable.

As if he was falling into some dumb rat trap.

Despite his power boost, alarm bells continued to ring on his mind. He shifted his gaze and looked for Shaft. Yet, he was nowhere to be found. "Tsk, that bastard!"

Zhou Qi realized that this was the lunatic's antics. He remembered the weird dark energy which tried to penetrate his thoughts. A glint of understanding flowed on his mind. He couldn't help but utter in a soft voice. "Mind control, eh?"

The perks of having higher brain power manifested, bridging scattered information to deduct the possibilities. Zhou Qi gave the system a thumbs up in his mind.

"System."

[System Notes: The dumbass is a mind manipulator. You're right. So what? Take care, smug-assed.]

A wry smile floated the loan shark's lips. So I couldn't beat them too hard, huh. "Now this is a problem."

7