Chapter 32: Hands-Off
203 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 32: Hands-Off

The bustling crowd of twitching flesh was no more. The only thing left in the bar was the smell of tobacco, alcohol, and blood. The irritating smell of smoke and drugs also permeated the couch and sits. The paraphernalia lying on the bar tables were already nice pieces of evidence. Not that they need one. It was clear that this abode was already doomed.

The officers didn't waste any time. They rushed into the VVIP rooms clearing a few filths of the world; blood spilling left and right. Horrendous and unnerving screams and shouts echoed like an orchestral cacophony. The scent of drugs, gunpowder, and fluids permeating the air. Some crazy fetishes of the so-called VVIPS left some police officers aghast. Left with no word to describe the ugliness of humanity, the officer could only shut their lips. In their opinion, the clinking metallic muzzles were their own words.

The VVIP's backgrounds were not even checked. And even if they have a big background, the officers fear no evil. After all, the big boss had their backs. You can't recycle sludge, you gotta rub them against bullets and fire to fix them up.

Even without the orders, they took the things into their own hands. A muzzle and a few bullets were all they need.

Bang. Bang. Bang.

Sasa stalked the wide halls of the building, hoping to find some evasive rats. Believe it or not, she managed to find a few. It only took a brief firefight before they got their throat slit.

In the middle of the night.

Basil Street - Shaft's Paradise.

The clocks continued to tick and tock. It was already 2:00 am in the middle of the night. The light cold breeze blew outside, sending shivers to the soggy eyed medics and officers. Even so, what transpired within the building was far chilling than any cold wind. Even they wished to sleep, their conscience won't allow them.

The trio waited for the back-up to arrive. The three of them took a sit on the bar, planning their next move. The sight made Zhou Qi's heart lurched. He should have killed Shaft when he got the chance. He regretted pulling back his punches.

The police officers along with the trio discovered a large room filled with dead bodies. The scent of flowers filling the whole room. The corpses stumped over each other, in the top of the mountain of flesh was a flower. Now, they know where the unique flowery scent was coming from.

It was the overwhelming scent that Zhou Qi sniffed before he entered the building.

"Fatty, have you discovered what flower was that?" Zhou Qi asked, his hands playing with his pistol.

"Not yet boss, probably new species from the void gates. I already added the flower's information to USI for future reference." As usual, flicks of the keyboard rustling over the intercom flowed along with Fatty's every word. The taps echoing from Zhou Qi's earpiece were much heavier than usual.

Fatty's sigh echoing from time to time, carrying a few weights of regrets. It was just like when Zhou Qi discovered the first slaughterhouse a few hours ago. Though, they managed to save a lot of people. The Law Bar's staff especially Fatty felt responsible for the lost lives. He should have treated the cases of missing people much more seriously.

All of a sudden, Sasa stood up and looked at Zhou Qi. She was clenching her hands. "Boss, can I go and hunt that bastard?"

"No." Before Zhou Qi could even answer, a light but firm voice echoed from Cheng Shi. The guy was fiddling again with his watch. His head lowered, seemingly unconcerned with everything. Still, his crunched brows betrayed him.

"Why?" Sasa took a free fall on one of the couches, pouting as she shifted her gaze towards Cheng Shi. "Won't he escape?"

Zhou Qi laughed for a moment turning his head to Sasa. "Even with his winged white-tiger, believe me. He won't be able to escape tonight or anytime soon."

Cheng Shi raised his head, creasing his brows towards Sasa. "The city lord is waiting outside. He wants us to finish the job with our own hands. So, he won't interfere unless he senses the lunatic trying to escape."

"Oh." Sasa's eyes shone with understanding. That old man was indeed powerful. And well, as scary as hell. "But… what about the hostages?"

Zhou Qi sighed. "Although, I want to save them. I might only trigger their deaths faster. After all, that lunatic seems to hate me gut-level deep now. One wrong move and they're dead. The police are also guiding the people around to evacuate. Fatty had already informed the police about the Grade C zealot."

All of a sudden, Zhou Qi felt a chill rising from his spine. He moved his gaze around to look for the source. Even so, he only found Sasa fiddling around the couch. Cheng Shi, on the other hand, was simply sitting there with his eyes close. His fingers were following the ticks of his watch.

He moved his head again and saw the police officers working like ants. From time to time, he could sense a bit of envy in their eyes. Even so, his senses were telling him that the cold chill was not coming from them.

"System Mission."

_______________________

Mission Updated!

Be The Reaper.

Mission Introduction: Your enemy is waiting for you. How about having some grace and show your face? The old city lord is watching on the sidelines. Man up, punk and prove that your worthy of your fierce girlfriend! It's so boring that I want to see some damn action! Considering the difficulty of the mission, I'll degrade the mission fines. Come on, don't be shy. Praise me for my unbelievable kindness!

Mission Requirements: Destroy the Main Base (Accomplished). Kill the Wielder (0/1). Assist in killing or kill The Zealot (0/1)

Mission Grade: E+

Rewards: Gift Random, +Stats, +Influence.

Failure Penalty: Death → New (Fewer to No rewards), (-) Influence in Trent.

______________

"Unbelievable." Zhou Qi whispered as he clutched his head. He felt like cursing the ever-so-thick system. Still, he decided to hold it in. Though the loan shark doesn't fear any possible retaliation from the system. It's still better to get on its good side. "It's still an E+."

At least, Zhou Qi finally discovered where the pricking gaze was coming from. So, it was the old city lord. He wanted to call the lieutenant… but the old guy will definitely tap in.

Zhou Qi sighed. He tapped the intercom, letting the other law bar's staff hear the talks. It will also be nice to get some advice from these two.

Cheng Shi and Sasa looked at him wondering why they were connecting them on the line.

"Fatty? Can you call the lieutena-…"

"No! Or not now at least." Fatty mumbled. "The old man tapped his granddaughter's latest call. He called me. "I just received a good ol' warning from him."

"Well, that's something... new? Anyway, what did he say?"

A short silence loomed, making Zhou Qi's stomach churned a new batch of butterflies.

"Hands off my granddaughter..."


Thanks for reading. And that heart button please ^^.

7