Chapter 33: Terror
198 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 33: Terror

"Hands off my granddaughter..."

Zhou Qi's eyes went blank for a moment. He thought that it was something serious. Well, thinking deeper, it was very serious. But fine! I won't even touch a hair from now on!

"So protective," Sasa uttered, her breath turning into a sigh. "It feels familiar. It's just like him"

"Hoho, him, heh? What's this? Someone, I know?" Zhou Qi grinned, wanting to lightened his load, insinuating something spicy.

"My father."

"Your dad? I thought he was already dead." Zhou Qi asked. Each of them only knew a little about each other. It had only been four months since they established their business. Hearing Sasa speaking about her family was something everyone was curious about.

After all, Zhou Qi only knew a little of their stories.

Everyone focused their ears on Sasa's next words. Her voice echoed no warmth or cold. It was like a machine, unfeeling. "Yes, he's dead…"

"Hoho, I-I see."

...

Zhou Qi, Fatty, and Cheng Shi felt stupid for a moment. The loan shark felt like he stumbled across some thin-red line. All he could do now was shift the topic with an awkward laugh. "Ohh, everyone, what do you think? Should we go deeper and smoke the freak out of his hole?"

...

"Well, if you want to die. Go ahead. I guess no one would miss you." Fatty laughed as if he was roaring. A jarring noise grated the other three's ears. The loud noise coming from the intercom made everyone grit their teeth.

Even the silent Cheng Shi paled.

"Shut up dumbass! I-I... I guess you're right. But don't eat the mic sleazeball!"

"Fatty! Your dead meat. Ow, my ear hurts."

"Fatty! Arg. The intercom…"

The three swung their heads from left to right, feeling a bit dizzy.

Even so, Fatty ignored the whining voices in his earpiece. "Gonna take some food out. Wait, who's pudding is this? Looks nice and yummy."

Soon, a slurping sound echoed from the intercom, ignoring everyone who was listening.

"No, no, hell, no! Fatty! You, you, your dead! That's mine… Noooo... Don't eat my pudding! Sasa's roar triggered another shrill thunder on everyone's ears. But this time, faint smiles bloomed on Zhou Qi, Cheng Shi, and Fatty's face. They all sighed in their hearts. So that's where Sasa's wound was. The trio thought.

"Haha, no can do. It's already swimming in my mouth."

"Nooo! Wait for me later Fatty. Your butcher is coming!"

"Come and get me! Little girl! I'll spare and reserve a few kilos of my fats for you!"

"I'm not a little girl! I'm already 19!"

"Duh, you're still a shorty! The sound of Fatty eating made the trio feel a little bit hungry and angry.

The fight caused another shrilling sound.

"Fatty, Faaattttty!!!!!"

The shouts of Sasa caught the attention of the police officers. From the sounds of it, someone stole her pudding. And, it was indeed, unbearable. Meanwhile, the loan shark and the chef held their ears as they rolled on the ground.

The heavy atmosphere changed for the better. The veil of twirling dark emotions lightened a little in their hearts. The burden on everyone's heart easing along with the funny bantering. A few giggles and laughs even echoed throughout the halls.

Unbeknownst to them, big trouble was brewing deep within the large halls. An event, not even the old "Muter" had foreseen.

...

"What the heck was that guy?" Shaft thought as he gritted his teeth. Even his puppets in the City of Trent had limited information about the guy. Maybe he was Trent's trump card. A wielder? But, what gift?

"I almost succeeded. What went wrong?!" Shaft ran, as he dealt with the pain coming from his broken fingers and hand. He used all his chips to hold back that monster, even the few wielders he caught. After realizing that his connection was cut-off from his puppets, he deemed them dead.

Well, not really. The old city lord only used some of his old tricks. Shaft wasn't even aware that the whole law enforcement department was already on his tail.

Shaft regretted provoking the loan shark. Gasping for air, a frown filled his face. He moved back to a large warehouse hidden behind the building. It was the place where he hid his last trump card.

The zealot.

He knew that it was the safest place.

As long as he's not dead, he could still control the zealot. He even spent quite a lot of energy to brainwash this C-Grade, winged white tiger. It took him years and a lot of nice high-grade 'meat' to control the stubborn zealot.

Shaft rode its back, finding a sense of safety on those steel-like white furs. Worst comes to worst, he could fly out of this place.

Shaft looked at his hands. He felt a bit torn. He wanted to get a little revenge. But being a cautious man, he wanted to plan it all. He was not a goon who only knows to charge straight on. He was an artist! It will be more enjoyable to make the loan shark fall slowly. Trapping the prick with his self-made intricate web will be much more fulfilling than killing him immediately.

No bull - he just wanted to make him suffer more.

Even so, he never thought that his new paradise would crumble due to one mistake.

He clicked his tongue after thinking it through. "I should escape from here first. I'll return to the dark city and recoup my losses before coming back."

"I also need a nice paint for my revenge." In Shaft's mind, it was the best plan. Safety first. With his C-grade zealot, he could get out of here with ease.

He tapped the winged tiger, making it stand up. He planned to move out and fly out of the city.

The warehouse shook, dust flying everywhere as the zealot stood up. But it seems like someone saved another plan for him.

A light freezing chill struck, the mad painter. It crept straight to the bone. Shaft felt a pressure gripping his heart. It was as if a monster was walking towards him. The looping silence sent chills on his whole body. He could feel his legs buckling.

Shaft reached towards his heart. It was galloping like crazy – he felt like he was between the thin line of life and death. He couldn't help but grip the zealot's barb-like fur. However, it didn't give him the usual sense of security. He felt like choking on his spit as fear crept towards him more and more.

Streaks of cold sweat drowned his brows. Whatever was coming, it was bound to be a monster. Even the city lord of the dark city didn't make him feel this nervous.

Tap. Tap...

Shaft heard the spooky steps walking towards him. There was no sense of haste as if it was only strolling around. It was coming outside. Out in the hallway. The nearer the steps got, the greater his fears became. The thin threads on his arms stood up like stretched strings.

With every echoing footsteps, Shaft felt his blood jumping up and down. It was making him dizzy. He reached out towards his nose bridge, massaging it a little. He moved his hands up from the nose bridge towards his nostrils, shaking his head.

After he reached the openings of his nose, he found it a bit wet. At first, he wiped it away with his hands. Still, the wet sensation didn't go away. With gritted teeth, he rubbed the sticky wet thing coming out of his nose. He took a light gulp and tasted a sweet-metallic taste. Shaft bowed his head and looked at his trembling hands.

It was blood.

Shaft felt lost for a moment. Upon seeing his blood, he found it...beautiful. It stunned him at his feet. It was a great and perfect color. A twirl of emotions made his head blank. He huffed in excitement and glee.

It took a few seconds to wake him up from his reverie.

The steps were getting nearer. He once again felt the boding essence of fear.

"What the hell is this city? This place is full of freaks."

In fear, he covered himself with his dark energy as he gazed towards the door. The steps were moving faster and faster.

"No, I can't wait!" Shaft finally realized something. He knew that if that monster arrived he would be dead. His instincts were starting to scream aloud. He realized that everything was getting awry. He tapped the winged tiger zealot. Ordering it to fly.

Nevertheless, it didn't move. No, he could feel that it also wanted to move but it couldn't. He activated his mind link and felt extreme fear rising from the monster's thoughts. It could also feel the threat of a great predator. Fear had paralyzed the grade C zealot. The zealot stood there like a dumb chicken ready for the take-out.

"Move you dumbass, we're dead if you don't. Move!" He started punching the beast. His energy penetrated the beast, even so, the winged tiger did not move.

No...it couldn't move.

Creak...

Shaft raised his head, his bloodshot eyes focused on the door. Fear tripping his mind, he could feel his heart thumping like a war drum. Each beat shifting his reason upside down, each pump driving him into madness.

"No. No. No! Move! F*cking beast move! Sh*t! Move. Come on!" He continued to punch the beast. He even forgot to wrap his hand with the dark aura. His hands bled dying the white fur, crimson; cracking sounds echoed but Shaft's ear didn't register it.

Panic and anxiety had already clouded his senses.

The door slowly opened, the smell of blood filled the air. With every creaking sound, Shaft felt his soul leaving his body. It was some kind of primal fear. He knew that he was about to meet his maker.

And this maker...doesn't really like him very much.

The moment he saw the shadow appearing, showing its face in full glory. Shaft's face twisted. His body shook. His blood froze. He looked at his two hands, it was bloodied and shaking. He chortled with his shaking voice; face turning into a crazy scowl. "What kind of luck is this?"

Thanks for reading. Don't forget to like it!

8