Chapter 3: Goddess Sylvia Heads to Greya Kingdom
1.7k 21 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the goddess freed us from our prison, she then asked us of who we where in a dignified tone, and even told us to call her by her name, Sylvia. We quickly bowed down, as to not to show any disgrace, and told her our names.

After we told our names, the goddess Sylvia, then proceeded to ask us why we where bowing to her, specially me who is a princess.

"T-That's because you, who is a diving being, it is normal for us mortals to bow down to you!"

The goddess narrowed her eyes, and asked another question.

"What do you mean by that, Elerina?"

I see. She is testing us to see if we are even worthy being in her presence.

"That's because, you are one of the Divine Elf's, those in the myths and legends! Everyone thought they went extinct 100,000 years ago, back in the era of the gods. Only the Divine Elf's had the power to manipulate the world and summon things that shouldn't exist in this world. They even created the floating island Migar, a holy sanctuary. But it disappeared over 50,000 years ago.

But, after the era of the gods, the catastrophe happened, earthquakes started happening everywhere, the land mass changed, and they arrived. The hell spawns."

"Hell spawns?"

She is asking who hell spawns are? She really is testing my faith.

"Yes, they created the demonic beasts, and other abominations. But 10,000 years later, they where defeated, and peace returned. Well, until the greedy kings and nobles started waging wars for petty reasons..."

The goddess then when into though, as she looked at me. After awhile she showed us a really bright smile that is befitting of a goddess and said-

"Thank you for telling me this, Elerina. And regarding Migar, you don't need to worry."

I got confused when she said we shouldn't worry about Migar, the holy sanctuary. So I asked what was on my mind, no, on all our minds.

"What do you mean, Lady Sylvia?"

"I am the one who created Migar, my home. So of course I will be able to get it back, or even rebuild it. It's not big deal, since I had a lot of fun making it."

"""Eh?!"""

I got really shocked, and I think everyone else too. I mean, the holy sanctuary Migar, her home, was created by Sylvia herself! And she even said she could build a new one, or just summon it back as if it was nothing!

She then looked at the 2 Nejin girls that where bowing next to us and told all of us to stop bowing, since our legs might give out and become numb.

As I slowly got up, I could feel that my legs was a little numb, if I stayed in that position a little longer, I wouldn't be able to get up without help.

The goddess then asked the Nejin girls how they even got here, but she never got a proper response. I though she would get angry, but instead, she looked at them with a face of worry, and instead decided to change the subject.

She asked us if we where hungry, and we all nodded. I mean, I haven't eaten anything since morning, and I guess it's the same for everyone else.

As she went into thought, we where told to head elsewhere, since she did not want to eat near the goblin corpses, and I can understand that. We then headed out from the goblin encampment and headed to a forest clearing. It looked very beautiful, even if we where in the Devil's Forest.

But what surprised me the most was the abundant of spirits and beautiful flowers. Spirits usually hates being near the Devil's Forest, but not here. When I took a closer look, a lot of spirits was dancing around the goddess.

So that's why there are not only spirits here, but also flowers that is blooming with vigour.

With her presence alone, she even purified the dark, and condensed miasma around here. Is this even the "Devil's" forest anymore? After walking until we reached the shades of a tree, near the middle of the clearing, the goddess Sylvia stopped and did some weird motions with her hands. I got a little curious of what she would do, and before I could ask, a sheet of, silk? I guess, was summoned.

She then placed the silk down, and sat on top of it, and looked at our direction and motioned her hand to sit down with her. As I sat down, I noticed how smooth and warm it was. I wasn't even sure if was even silk anymore, it was an item that did not belong in this world, that's for sure.

The goddess then summoned some plates and cups for us and placed them down. After that she summoned another item, some juice of some kind? And filled all of our cups to the brim, afterwards she summoned something that smelled really good. Some kind of dessert? I had no idea what it was, but it smelled delicious and made my stomach growl.

"Alright, let's dig in!"

Goddess Sylvia said happily as she started eating it with a bright smile. It looked really delicious when she ate it, and she ate it with her hands.

So it's a finger food?

I thought as I looked at the slice she gave me. I grabbed the slice and gave it a bite.

I couldn't explain the texture or taste, but It was so good that I forgot my manners. If my father knew of this, he wouldn't be happy, not that I cared at the very moment since I was starving for food. I looked around, and saw everyone doing the same.

I guess we where all very hungry.

~***~

I'm glad everyone seemed to love my apple pie that I made. I'm quite the chef and baker in the game, but back in reality, I only warmed up my food, because I didn't really have time.

At least I learned how make food in Unique World at least. As I was eating my food happily, I was wondering where we where. Since the land mass has changed, my old knowledge won't mean anything.

Yosh! Let's ask the princess where we are at! Hopefully I can visit her kingdom too, since they might have a proper map of the world, or their surroundings.

"Elerina, do you know where we are at this very moment? My knowledge of this world is from 100,000 year ago, so I don't know how much the world has changed."

I said with a warm smile, as If I was talking to my little sister.

I wonder how she is right now.

As I thought such, I noticed Elerina was getting all red, did she get sick? But before I could ask if she was okay, she answered my question.

"A-Ahem! We are currently in the Devil's Forest, that is bordering our kingdom, Greya, Terran Empire, The Merchantia and The Wastes. Nobody owns the Devil's Forest territory due how ferocious the monsters are in this forest, hence the name Devil.

If you let me, Lady Sylvia, I can ask the spirits in this area if they could show us the direction to Greya Kingdom. It should only take us a few days on foot to reach it, once we leave the forest."

Oooh, that's an Elf for you, talking to spirits and all! I really wish I could also talk to spirits, encase I would get lost. Oh well, I can do that later.

"Alright, you do that, Elerina."

I said with a smile while patting her head, which resulted in Elerina becoming bright red, even her ears are all red now.

Is she really alright?

"L-l-l-leave it to me!"

She said and quickly got up and ran out to the middle of the clearing.

After a few minutes, while I was unpacking, or in this case, moving the summoned items into my inventory, Elerina came back.

"I've asked the spirits, and they said they would gladly show Lady Sylvia the way to the Greya Kingdom."

"That's great. Is everyone else ready?"

I looked around and saw everyone nodding, I then told Elerina to show us the way. She quickly bowed and started walking. After walking trough the forest I noticed an animal trail, which we followed.

If it was just me, I would have never have found this.

I think it took us around 15 minutes to reach the exit of the forest, and a big massive plain was my sight.

"From here, it will take us approximately a few hours to reach the nearby town, and another 4 days until we reach the capital, Joregan.

That is if we walk the rest of the way, with a stagecoach it should only take us 1-2 days, depending if we encounter any bandits on the way."

"That is understandable. But I have something way better."

I said with a smile while looking at Elerina.

"Are you going to summon horses?"

"I could, but that would be too slow. I want to reach the capital today, so I will summon something that will get us there in just a few hours."

As I said such, Elerina got sparkly eyes. She really is a kid at times, well, I'm not better myself.

Summon.

The AR window popped up, and i headed straight into the "Ground Vehicles" section and started looking at my available options.

--Available Ground Vehicles--
       [M939 Series Cargo Truck]
       [M923A1 Series Cargo Truck]
       [HMMWV]
       [Ford F-150 (Personal)]

Hrm, I have 2 cargo truck options, a single hummer, and my actual pickup truck? It even has (Personal). I think the hummer will be the best choice because of the terrain, and also the seats.

As I clicked on HMMWV, another window appeared. It looks like I can customise it too. For pattern, let's go with a forest pattern. And for weapons, they are locked, so I cannot attach a .50 cal or anything on top of it.

I noticed that I can change the back side to have more seats and also removing the roof, which is great. I don't know how that even works, but it just does.

That's video game logic for you, I guess...

As I finished my customisation options, I clicked on "Summon".

~***~

"Wow, we are going really fast. Faster than a horse!"

Elerina said happily as she sat next to me. I mean, yeah, a modern vehicle is faster than a hore, and they won't fatigue either. The best thing is that I don't need to refuel, which saves times. But the best part is that the engine is nearly silent, because It's not gas powered.

Which is also great, because it makes it easier for me to listen to my surroundings, and that is a massive boon.

It took us only 40 minutes to reach the nearby town, but instead of driving to it, I took a detour instead. We then found the road leading to the capital, which wasn't much of a road, but this was out in the boonies, so that is to be expected.

But after awhile of driving, I noticed some presence up head. At first I thought it was just some travellers, but as I got closer, I noticed that there where a lot more presences nearby. This basically screamed "bandits" a mile away.

If they attack, I'll take them out. I really don't have time for them since I want to reach the capital before the day ends.

As I got closer, the bandits emerged, what a surprise. Elerina and her guards got surprised of the ambush though. I guess they couldn't sense their presence? Does that mean they have a pretty good level in Hide Presence skill then? Well, they are bandits, so that could be it.

I stopped the vehicle, and looked at the bandits in front of me.

"Leave everything you have, and we will let you live!"

Said one of the bandits, which I presume is their leader. And really? that old stereotypical saying? As if bandits leave people alive, they simply do this to taunt them, and make them beg for their lives.

To get it over with, I stepped outside of the vehicle, and opened up my summons tab. I quickly headed over to assault rifles, and checked what was available to me. I noticed that I had access to an AR15 and the M16. Too bad the grenade launcher variant was locked.

I noticed the bandits was eyeing on me, not with caution, but with lust and greed.

"Hey, that Elf lady got a nice rack."

"Yeah, she will be fun to break."

As they said such things, I looked at what I assumed was the Bandit leader, like the rest, he was eyeing on me.

If I have to be honest here, they really disgust me, just like that goblin king. As I was thinking such, Elerina voiced her disgust for everyone to hear.

"How dare you look at Lady Sylvia that way, you lowlife scum of the earth!!"

"Pah! What can a weak women like you do! You are nothing more than a relief for us men!"

"You...! You filthy monkey!!"

"Hah! I'm gonna have fun breaking you! You stupid El-"

*BANG BANG BANG*

<Bandit Leader Killed! 50 exp (-error) gained>

Before he even completed saying his sentence, I shot at his head with a 3 round burst. I summoned my M16, which can be shot in either single or 3 round burst mode. When the bandits noticed that their leader was dead, it was already too late.

I quickly put down the rest without much of a struggle. Luckily, none of the bandits had any bows, just normal short swords, well, except for their leader, which had a broadsword. Their equipment wasn't the best either, since most of it was chipped or lazily patched together.

Since some of the bandit bodies was blocking the road, I quickly threw them away without much of a problem. I was wondering how I was able pickup their bodies like if they didn't weight anything, when it occurred to me that my strength stat was maxed out.

Really, what is with this strength, It's so stupid and unrealistic. But I'm not gonna lie, It's very handy right now, and may come in handy in the future too.

After the corpse removal from the road, I headed back to the vehicle.

"Let's continue to the capital."

"Yes, Lady Sylvia. But I do hope we wont encounter anymore of those brutes..."

"If we do, I'll just blow em up. I already wasted my time with them anyway."

I turned on the engine and began heading to the capital once again, this time, without any more of those annoying bandits trying their luck.

After a few hours, we finally arrived to the capital of Greya Kingdom, Joregan.

"Woow~!"

"It's bigger than Miri's home~!"

When got close to the capital, Miri and Nyuu got really excited. They where really quiet this whole trip, even with the bandits. Same for princess guards and the knights. Not really sure why though.

As we got near the gates, I started to slow down, but that didn't mean the other travellers wouldn't get scared. But thanks to Elerina, they all calmed down and we entered without any issues. That's a princess for you, I guess.

The streets where wide, since they had roads for stagecoaches and for pedestrians. They even got street lamps, which I presume is powered by magic. I can analyse everything later, after I drop off Elerina at the castle.

But that didn't happen, because I got invited into the castle instead. Elerina insisted that I should meet with her father, the king.

When we entered the castle, she ordered the castle maids to inform her father that he must get to the audience chamber immediately, which shocked all of the maids for a brief second, but as soon they met their eyes with me, they stiffened and quickly bowed to the princess and rushed off somewhere.

Am I really that scary? Or did they think I was some high ranking noble?

As I was thinking such thoughts, we finally reached the audience chamber, and the princess opened the doors without even announcing anything, she just barged right in. Wouldn't this ire the king, since It's sign of disrespect?

But when I entered the audience chamber, I saw the king, bowing.

Wait, why is the king bowing down? Eh? Elerina went beside the king and looked this way, smiled, and bowed too?

As soon as I started walking forward, all the knights, and other nobility looking people starting bowing too.

I'm really confused, but let's do what I always do. Don't show anything on your face, show a dignified face! Just like when I was leading my team back at the company!

I reached where the king, and the princess where bowing, I stated my name while looking at the king.

"I am the Divine Elf Sylvia, Sylvia Yung. King of Greya, state your name."

AAHH!! I WANT TO GO HOME!

I tried my best to act dignified, while internally screaming.

"Oh goddess Sylvia, my name is King Mobian R. Greya. I humbly welcome you to my kingdom!"

...Goddess?

"I would also like to thank you for saving my daughter, Elerina R. Greya. How could I ever repay you?"

"It was nothing, king Mobian. And you don't have to repay me. I would like to have a little chat with you regarding the current matters of this world, if you would have the time."

I said with a smile. Man, trying to act dignified is a pain. But I do need some more information, and since he is the king, he is bound to have a lot of it. So I guess it's fine.

"Yes, of course!"

It feels really weird, to have an actual king, bow down to me. I mean, I'm no nobility or anything. And I really don't like looking down on others, and I hope they don't see me as someone as that.

When it comes to people who mean harm, I simple repay in kind. But now that I think about it, I have never killed anyone in all my life, yet I didn't feel anything when I killed those goblins or bandits. Well, I don't mean in a sympathy kind of way, I just didn't feel anything particular other than being disgusted of their actions, and what they said.

Who would even feel sympathy for your enemy? You have to be a complete idiot to do that.

When I came back from being in deep thought, the king was talking to the castle head maid to arrange the meeting room. I looked around the audience chamber, and noticed how beautifully well designed the whole area was. Not even a spec of dust, even on the ceilings. Not really sure how they managed that, but good job I guess.

As I was looking around, I noticed a presence coming from where I entered, and that person was pretty quick on their feet.

*Creeek*

As the doors opened again, I saw a young man, he looked really stylish too, similar to the king. Probably the prince I guess?

"Father! What's with the emergency audience?! And who are these 3 commoners?!"

"Who's this arrogant brat?"

I spat, with narrowed eyes. Which in return made him all shocked.

Whoops. His attitude was so annoying that I said it without thinking.

"Y-You dare to look down on royalty?! You-"

"Keera R. Greya! Shut your damn mouth this instant!!"

Shouted Elerina, which made this brat- I mean, Keera, dumbfounded. I guess this is the first time the prince was ever told to shut up, by his own sister no less.

"I see you still lack the sight..."

The king said, before continuing-

"I'm sorry for my heir, prince Keera, behaviour goddess Sylvia."

"G-goddess?"

"My name is Sylvia Yung, a Divine Elf. I am no mere commoner, further more, I don't follow the rules of the mortals. I could care less if you where some royal, or some nobility. Piss me off and your head will roll."

I think I nailed the goddess role playing part, I guess. But please don't let me do the things I said!!

The prince didn't respond after that, since he passed out, while standing. That is quite impressive.

"Why is my older brother such a big idiot..."

Said Elerina as she placed both of her hands on her face, she literally facepalmed because of her own brother's action. I quickly patted her head, and told her it's no big deal.

"Fpheh?!"

She let out a weird, but a cute, noise, when I patted her head.

Oh yeah, didn't he say 3 commoners?

As I looked to my side, I noticed Miri and Nyuu was standing close to me, like if they where my personal maids or something.

"Miri, Nyuu, are you okay? Since you both got yelled at by that bra- I mean, prince Keera."

"Miri won't get swayed by idiots. Will only protect master~"

"Nyuu is safe with master, nyaa~"

Wait, since when did I become their master?

"Eh? Lady Sylvia is your master? How unfair!"

Elerina said, puffing her cheeks. And how did this become a contest?

~***~

After awhile, we finally arrived and sat down in the room that the king had arranged. He also brought his heir, Keera, with him. When Keera came to his senses, he got on all fours and begged for forgiveness.

I told him, quite sternly, that he needs to grow up, and stop being a cocky ass. Yeah, didn't really beat around the bush, and just went straight to the point. I also told him that if he didn't become a better person, I would keep calling him a brat.

The king and his own sister even nodded at my words for some reasons. Oh well, let's switch into business mode, it's time for some more information gathering!

"Ahem! Now then, King Mobian, I want you to tell me the current state of this world, and how the current land mass looks like. If you don't have a map of the world, then a map of the surrounding the kingdom is fine too."

"I can get us a map, but it will be the surrounding areas of the kingdom, a map of the current landmass, is something we don't even know about. The only ones that has that is the Terran Empire, they refuse to share their knowledge, since they think all species except humans aren't worth anything. Basically, it's a human supremacy empire. If you are born with non-human features, you are seen as a slave."

As the king said such, he was clenching his fists. But quickly regained his composure, and told one of the maids to get them a map of the kingdom. The maid came quickly back with the map. Not gonna lie, their maids are really damn quick. You sure they aren't ninja's? The maid laid out the map on the table, and the king continued.

"As for the current state of the world, the demonic beings are still running rampant in many places in the world. And some even crawl out from dungeons at times. But luckily we have adventures around to help us with these. And we also get good quality magic stones from them, and their meat ain't so bad either.

For the countries, there aren't wars ongoing right now that I am aware of, but everyone is on edge thanks to the Terran Empire. I'm sorry I couldn't give more useful information regarding the other countries."

The king doesn't seem to know the state of the other countries, not that it's of any importance anyway. What would I even do with that information anyway?

As we chatted away like this, someone barged in without knocking, and the look on his face showed that it was of urgent matter.

"W-Wyverns! There are wyverns coming from the Miré Mountain!"

"What?!"

The king answerd back, in great shock. I noticed that everyone around me was restless. So I asked the king-

"These wyverns, do they normally leave Miré Mountain?"

"No, they don't. Not unless you provoke them. Who would even dare to provoke them? Was it adventures?"

"No, your majesty. No adventures has ever climbed that mountain, even if it's a nest filled with wyverns. I even asked the guild leader of the adventure guild."

"Hrmm. Then they must be wild young wyverns, they are usually more ferocious than adult ones."

"Could be, your majesty. But we won't have enough time, since this information came late. And there are at least 15 wyverns."

As they talked back and fourth, going nowhere with this, I cleared my throat to get their attention.

"Yes, yes, 15 wyverns are coming. But going back and fourth won't help nobody, you are just wasting time. So, let me propose this, Let me have em.

And as I do, Nyuu, Miri, stay here with the princess, okay? I should be back in less in an hour, give or take. Just give me the direction where they are coming from, and I'll take care of it."

"Miri will stay~"

"Nyuu will stay too~"

The king was flabbergasted at my proposal. He probably thought I would sit this one out, huh? I mean, there are 15 wyverns coming this way, and all they are doing are talking about it. People will be in danger, if we don't do anything and fast.

...Okay, my real aim is their EXP. Not like I'm going to say that out loud though, ehehe.

~***~

A little while later, I was standing in the open plains, in front of the capital. With my Perfect Sight skill, I could see the wyverns clearly without any problems.

Time to use my A.M Rifle once again! But let's not use the explosive shots this time...

I materialised my A.M Rifle from my inventory, unloaded the weapon, and inserted non-explosive rounds this time and made sure there was a bullet in the chamber. Now I'm ready to go!

I started sprinting, and withing a few minutes, I was close enough to shoot one of the wyverns down. I was quite shocked to see that I could sprint faster than my hummer.

Having maxed strength isn't so bad it seems.

I aimed my rifle at the closest wyvern, and took my shot.

*BANG*

<Wyvern? Killed! 500 exp (-error) gained>

As I took one down, I noticed something strange. Even if I shot one of them down, they didn't attack, or care, if one of them even died. And their names said "Wyvern?"...

Let's think about that later, let's take care of the remaining 14 ones.

...
<Wyvern? Killed! 500 exp (-error) gained>
<Wyvern Leader? Killed! 1500 exp (-error) gained>
<Level up! 30 > 35 >
<Summon Level up! 1 > 2 >

As I shot the rest down, none of them reacted to my shots, even the last one. It was so strange, and bizarre. But at least they provided with great EXP.

But what is with the big 5 level jump? Not it matters anymore, at least my summon levelled up. I can take a look at what I can summon tomorrow, let's head back and report this mess to Mobian.

 

What I didn't know at that time, was that something was going on behind the scenes, something that will stir this land once again....

Heya! The author here!

I hope you liked the POV perspective of Elerina at the start of the chapter. I tried many things on this chapter, so everything is a first for me. I hope the story so far has been interesting, I'm doing my best at the world building and characters.

After chapter 4, I will try going for a 2 chapters per week schedule. Which will give more more time to flesh out the upcoming chapters, and they will be about this chapter's length.

I will announce the days of the chapter releases on the next chapter.

 

Until then, stay healthy!

52