Chapter 4: Sylvia Makes Breakfast & Reads About Magic
1.5k 23 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

By the time I got back to the castle, the sun was about to go beyond the horizon. I was quite tired, but I needed to tell the king that I have dealt with the strange wyverns.

I went back to the room that the king had arranged. But when I got there, the king was not around, he probably went back to his to do his work. The only ones inside the room was Miri, Nyuu, Elerina and a few maids. The girls where having tea time, it looks like.

"I'm back, It went faster than expected. So could you relay a message to the king that I have dealt with the problem?"

"Welcome back Lady Sylvia. I'll make sure to let my father know about your success."

She said with a smile, while sipping her tea. Oh right, I should also find somewhere to sleep, since it's pretty late. As I asked such, Elerina told me that her father, the king, has already prepared a room for me.

He even prepared a room for me? That's nice of him, but what about Miri and Nyuu?

As I about to ask about that, Elerina told me that their room, which is adjoined to mine, has also been prepared.

"Miri wanted to sleep with master..."

"Nyuu too~"

"Lady Miri, Lady Nyuu, servants must not sleep in the same room as their master."

One of the maids told the Nejin girls sternly. And isn't Lady used for those of nobility? As I asked such, the maids said that as they are my servants, they have equal footing as nobility.

Huh, at least I don't need to worry about some nasty nobility trying to get their hands on the Miri and Nyuu. Not that I Would allow such thing in the first place.

I then asked the maids to lead me to my room, because I didn't know the layout of the castle. But Elerina decided to guide me instead. Miri and Nyuu of course followed after me.

Once she guided us to our rooms, she bowed and wished us good night, and went to her own bed chamber, which was 2 rooms away.

As I opened our room, I noticed the adjoined room to the left, I guess that will be Miri and Nyuu's room from now on. My room was also quite large, It was way bigger than my small apartment. I guess they gave me this room since everyone sees me as a goddess.

As I walked to my bed, I told Miri and Nyuu good night. They bowed and opened the door to the adjoined room, and headed inside. I wonder how big their accommodation is, I hope it's not cramped.

I guess it's time to sleep, since I'm quite tired. Inventory.

The inventory AR window popped up, and I then removed my equipment. I then also checked my Summon tab, to see If I had any good sleeping clothes, since I had none in my inventory. I looked at the list of non combat clothes, and it was huge! After I scrolled down a bit, I found some 1 piece dresses, and some sleep wear. I summoned the sleep wear, which then materialised on me.

Alright, time for bed.

When I was in the bed, I noticed how soft, and comfy, the bed was. It was a hundred times better than my old bed back at my apartment. As I was in the bed, I was going over everything that happened on 1 single day.

I was summoned to this world, that now has magic, fought a giant boar, wolfs, strange demonic creatures, weird plants, goblins, bandits and then some wyverns. I rescued a princes and her knights, 2 cat girls, met the king and was called a goddess.

Now that I think about it, she was all stiff at the start, I guess she would call me a goddess too, if I didn't tell them to call me by my name. Wait, isn't that the reason why she went stiff? And I never fixed the misunderstanding of me being a goddess, and I guess it's too late now.

But, now that I actually think about it... Didn't I have the Divinity skill? And they called me goddess before I even said anything too...

I just realised how stupid I was. This the entire time, I had divinity, not only that, my race is Divine Elf. That pretty much explains it, and that I'm really am blind. And it looks like the Elf's can see my divinity, well, except the prince, for some reason.

I really am a big idiot huh? Well, my mother did tell me that my head was in gutter at times.

Not only do I have magic, I even forgot I had it. I'm not really into sword & magic games or novels, so I'm not really well versed in that field, or at all.

I should probably learn magic now that I have it. But let's do that tomorrow when I actually have the time, and energy to do it.

After I went over what happened today, I finally went off to the lands of dreams.

~***~

I've never been a morning person, and just like always, I woke up extremely groggy. This bed also made it worse, because of how comfy it was, it made me want to go back to sleep.

But I reluctantly went out of the bed, because I can't make breakfast if I'm still in the bed. When I got out of the bed, I did some morning stretches. And as just as I was done, Miri and Nyuu opened the door from the adjoined room.

""Good morning, master~""

They said, while yawning. Looks like I'm not the only person who is weak in the mornings. And it looks like I'm officially their master now. Even if I asked, I wouldn't get a proper reply, so It was kinda pointless to ask.

"Good morning, you two."

I said with a smile. They where also using different clothing today, which I guess was prepared by the maids. They look similar to the clothes that the maids use.

Not going to lie, they look really adorable. Having 2 personal cat maids isn't so bad.

I then opened up my inventory, and materialised the clothes I had when I just arrived to this world. It was a black yukata, with golden flower patterns. This clothing is actually based of my mother's manga character, Shizuki. I forgot the story, but I do remember that she was a rich lady that got reincarnated into another world.

Sadly, I never got the time, or chance to read the oneshot manga. Well, mostly because I forgot all about it. I was too busy with work when I first joined the company, and those death marches wasn't fun at all.

As soon as I was about to ask Miri and Nyuu if they where hungry, I saw them looking at me with sparkling eyes.

"Master is beautiful~!"

"Nyuu think so too~!"

"Thanks, both of you."

I said with a smile while slightly blushing.

I'm supposed to be a man, but being called beautiful makes me really happy.

As I was thinking such, someone started knocking on the doors leading to my room.

*knock knock knock*

"Lady Sylvia, it is Elerina R. Greya. May I come in?"

"Yes, come in."

"Excuse me, Lady Sy-"

As soon as she saw me, or to be more precise, my clothes, she froze in place. Not from shock, but in admiration, because her eyes was sparkling. I guess she also got awestruck.

"Lady Sylvia, those clothes looks really good on you. Not only does they make you look regal, but also very beautiful!"

"Thank you, Elerina. These clothes is something my mother made, which makes me happy."

I said while blushing. It's true that my mother made the clothes. Since my yukata is just based on the clothes she made for her character, I can't really take the credits of her work.

I wonder, if I somehow managed to visit my home again, Earth, and show this to my mother, she would probably squeal out of happiness. But would she even know it was me in the first place? Her son becoming a she, and not only that, I'm not even a human anymore. So if I visited Earth, I would be seen as an alien, that's for sure.

As the 3 girls was looking at me with admiration, I asked Elerina where the kitchen was, because I wanted to make some breakfast. Elerina quickly snapped out of it, and quickly bowed.

"Follow me, Lady Sylvia. I will show you where the royal kitchen is at."

"Thank you, Elerina. Lead the way."

It still feels weird that someone from royalty is bowing to me, as if was the normal thing in the world. Miri and Nyuu quickly followed behind me, trying their best to act as proper maids. Their faces was full of confidence, as if they had always been maids their whole life, but their tails betrayed their faces. They where swishing back and fourth.

So darn cute.

~***~

As we got to the kitchen, I noticed that it was very spacious. I guess it needs to be such, when the king hosts a ball or something, right? To be honest, I have no idea how a royalty live their lives.

When we entered, there where only 5 kitchen staff in the kitchen, probably because it's early in the morning. They where going over what they should make for breakfast, is my guess. When they noticed me, they quickly bowed. I asked who the head chef was, and the person in question then stepped forward.

"I am the royal head chef, Gustav. How may I be of use to you, goddess Sylvia?"

"I was going to make breakfast, and was wondering If I could borrow a part of your kitchen."

"Of course! You may use it as you wish. Forgive me for asking, but, what will you be making?"

"Swedish Raggmunk."

"Swedesh ragmonk?"

"It doesn't exist in this world, but it's very delicious. Not really used for breakfast, but more for lunch...

Anyway, I will be using the corner over there, so that I won't get in your way. And you don't need to worry about the ingredients, I will take care of that."

I then headed over to one of the corners in the kitchen. With Miri, Nyuu and Elerina after me, I guess they are curious of what I'll be making. As I got to the corner, I started summoning the ingredients, and the equipment I needed.

Let's see, how did I make these now again... I haven't had these in 3 years, when I visited my friend. He taught me how to make these when I ate them, since they where really good.

Ah, right, now I remember.

As I finished the batter, summoned a non-stick iron pan, and a portable stove. Miri, Nyuu and Elerina got startled when I turned on the portable stove, which would be quite obvious since I'm using modern equipment in a fantasy world.

I then put the pan on the stove, made sure it was heated up, and poured my batter. After a few minutes, my raggmunk was finally done! I then summoned a plate, and put my raggmunk on it, as I did so, an AR window popped up.

<Raggmunk can now be summoned!>

Huh, so the food I make can later on be summoned? Is it like a complete duplication?

As I made more until the very last one, the AR window popped up once again.

<Stacked Raggmunk [x10] can now be summoned!>

Ooh, that's really neat! I like making food, but it will be useful when I need food right away, or if I get lazy.

As I removed the used equipment and ingredients, I noticed the 3 girls starring at my breakfast, drooling.

"Let's head to the dining hall, so we can start eating."

"""Really?!"""

The girls said, as if in sync. I also noticed the chefs gazes on my breakfast too, so I summoned a plate with a stack of raggmunk and told them they can have them.

"They taste the best with lingonberry jam, give it a try."

I said as I summoned one, with a spoon of course. The girls and I then headed to the dining room to eat our breakfast.

On our way to the dining hall, we met the king talking to someone in robes.

~***~

As I was talking with our head magician, I noticed goddess Sylvia was walking with her 2 personal maids and my daughter, while also holding a plate with some sort of food. She was also wearing some sort of smooth black clothing with beautiful golden flowers on top it.

"Goddess Sylvia, good morning to you."

"Good morning, Mobian."

As we bowed down, I asked goddess Sylvia what she was holding.

"Oh, this? It's Swedish Raggmunk! It's quite delicious I'll have you know! It's a kind of dish that does not exist in this world, but it has been awhile since I last had it, so I decided to make it."

"A dish from the divine realm?"

"No, not from the divine realm. It's a dish from a world called Earth. That world is quite more advanced than this one, and it does not rely on magic either."

A world that doesn't rely on magic? Yet they are more advanced than us? Before I could ask her, she continued.

"When I say they don't rely on magic, is because that world does not contain any magic. Instead they use something called science, and because of that, their world have progressed way faster than it should. Not that it's a bad thing, the humans in that world are just that adaptable.

Oh, right, before I forget. That world only contains humans, but it's not a human supremacy world. Sure, there are such people that exist over there, but majority is against it.

Oh, pardon me. I was speaking a bit too much, we where heading to the dining hall, so why not join us, Mobian?"

As she talked about the world called Earth, which was a more advanced than us, she said that it only contained humans. I was worried it was a human supremacy world, but I was glad to hear it wasn't, and she also said it with a smile too. As she was talking, she said they where heading to the dining hall, and asked me if I wanted to join in too.

"If you would have me, goddess Sylvia."

Of course I wouldn't hesitate, and I do want to try the food she made, since it smells wonderfully. I then told the head magician to come to my office in the next hour to continue our talk, and I joined goddess Sylvia, her maids and my daughter to eat breakfast.

We then headed to the dining hall, I also asked her what kind of world it was, and if they would even accept someone who was non-human. What she said, surprised me.

"About Earth, huh? Well, it's a fairly advanced world. Which like all worlds, have it's pros and cons. But that world is more safer than this one, that's for sure.

And the humans of that world, the majority anyway, would gladly accept non-humans. There are those who worship Elf's, for example. But Neijin's is probably the most worshipped.

My mother specially. She really loves them, haha!"

"Nyuu is loved by, master's mother~!"

"Miri is happy~!"

The humans of that world is different than the ones here. While there are some that are some that is against the discrimination, but they are only a minority, which saddens me.

As the doors to the dining hall opened, she told her personal maids to sit with her. As she sat down, on the closest table, which is normally used by those of lower status, her maids sat to her left, and my daughter sat to her right.

She would usually frown of having sit on the lower seats, as it was sign of disrespect. But, since the goddess herself saw the seats as just that, for sitting, she did not care one bit.

I decided I too, would sit on the same table, but on the opposite side.

As we all sat down, she then summoned some plates, a fork, and a knife for all of us. She then also summoned fourth a glass filled with jam with a spoon that is sticking into it.

"Alright, take one Raggmunk each from the plate. If you are still hungry, you can take seconds. It tastes better if you use lingonberry jam, but don't use too much."

She said with a warm, but soothing voice. I couldn't help but feel my cheeks going red.

Her aura, and the feel she gives right now, as that of a gentle mother who is taking care of her child.

Ahh, she reminds me of Elisabeta. How long was it since I felt such warmth...

As I was thinking such, the goddess asked me if I got the report about the wyverns.

"About the wyvern problem from yesterday, did you get notified that I took care of it?"

"Yes. After Elerina headed to her room, she told her personal maid to relay the information to me."

"That's good, now, there is something I must tell you about them. They acted really weird, as if they where being controlled by someone, or something. Each shot I did, they did not react, or even flinch."

Controlled? I haven't heard of anyone being able to control wyverns, but, this information comes directly from the goddess that fought them directly.

"After this meal, I will make sure we look into it. And by now, the wyvern corpses are being collected, or has been collected, by our knights. Maybe we will be able to find something, on them."

"That's good, now on the other matter I wanted to talk about. I want to know where the library is located at, I want to read some magic books and look into the history books."

"I can guide you to the royal library, it's not that far away from my office. And our library should have a lot of magic books that dates back to the founding of our kingdom, same for our history books."

"That's good. I'm quite interested about magic, you see. Since magic did not exist 100,000 years ago."

"Magic did not exist in the era of the gods?"

I said, quite shocked. I thought that magic has existed since this world was created, but according to goddess Sylvia, that was never the case. She said that magic may have came into existence during the catastrophe. But she does not know why, or how, which is why she wants to read the history and magical books.

~***~

"I'm not sure how magic came to existence, but something must have happened, so I'm quite curious what the history books tells me. But I can see that magic has been used in many ways, which is intriguing. I myself was never interested in magic, while my mother was. So I don't really know much about it, which is why the magic books will become useful."

"I see. If there is anything I can do to help you, goddess Sylvia, just let me know."

As we chatted along while eating, I asked about their library, magic books and the history books. And with Mobian's permission, I had access to their library, which was great. I said my thanks as I removed the things that I summoned, and got myself ready to leave, for the library. Mobian was also nice enough to guide me until the library, which was pretty close to his office.

As we said our farewells, we headed inside the royal library, which was quite large. Probably the biggest library I have ever seen in my entire life. I asked Elerina, that decided to follow me, where the the magical and history books are located at. With her guidance, I got myself a history book and a few magical books within a short period of time.

The rest of the girls decided to read romance novels, that Elerina herself had personally stored in here.

I found myself a seat, and began reading about the history of this world, specially about the catastrophe. As I kept reading, I noticed that it was written that the so called hell spawns invaded this world from the sky during the catastrophe, when the land mass was changing all over the place.

But sadly, I did not learn anything other than these hell spawns appeared from the sky, crashing down on the ground, created demonic beings, and then killed 10,000 years later. Not exactly sure, what to describe from this other than that they came from space.

Or maybe, another world was merged into this one? That could explain why magic exist, or maybe magic came from these hell spawns when they invaded. I can't say for sure though, it's all just speculation and my hypothesis.

I then closed the history book, since I couldn't get any good useful information regarding where magic came from. But I now know more about this world, so I can't complain. Now, let's read the basics of how magic works.

I grabbed a book that basically said "Magic: The Basics", a good start for me. Elerina said she used this book when she was a younger, which explained how to use magic, and how to feel it. Which will help me at a lot, since I have magic skills, that is still at level 1. Kinda dumb to have magic skills, if you don't even know how to use it, huh?

As I read the book, I started to understand how magic worked, I even tried to feel it, which was surprisingly very easy. And when I did, the AR Window popped up.

<Skill Obtained: Mana Presence(1)>
<Skill Obtained: Mana Manipulation(1)>
<Skill Obtained: Magical Expert(MAX)>

I should probably keep doing this, so that I get a feel of how magic, or mana, works. I should probably check my available magic.

--Magic--
       Divine Magic(1)
       Light Magic(1)
       Wind Magic(1)

Hrm, I have Divine, Light and Wind magic. Let's press on Divine, and see what kind of information pops up.

--Info: Divine Magic | Level 1--
       ??%?%?"?¤!?¤Å¤!"Å"R?E

Uhhh, The text is corrupt. Let's check the others then.

--Info: Light Magic | Level 1--
       Used to light up areas. If condensed it can be used as a lethal weapon.

--Info: Wind Magic | Level 1--
       Used to manipulate the wind. If condensed it can be used as a lethal weapon.

They got some information, but doesn't explain more than that. I wonder the divine one became corrupted because It shouldn't exist? I mean, I'm the only one who can use it. Not sure what I can actually use it for as of right now. And I probably shouldn't try the magic in the library. I should head to the courtyard and try them out, or maybe in the plains.

I then closed the book, and took the book that is about spatial magic. But as soon as I touched the book, the AR window just popped up.

<Magic Obtained: Spatial Magic(1)>

Excuse me? What kind of dumb cheat is this? Was it because I was thinking of spatial magic? Then how about water magic, fire magic and earth magic?

<Magic Obtained: Water Magic(1)>
<Magic Obtained: Fire Magic(1)>
<Magic Obtained: Earth Magic(1)>

Huh, it worked. But, why though...? Wait, maybe the skill Magical Expert did something. And it was maxed out when I got it.

--Info: Magical Expert | Level 1--
       Will learn every magic automatically.

Well, I may learn every magic automatically, but that doesn't mean I have the knowledge know-how. So I better learn them.

As I thought such, I started reading trough the book about spatial magic, and once I was done, I noticed I maxed spatial magic. So I can level up my magic if I read magical books. Maybe they also get raised if I use the magic in question too?

And what's cool about spatial magic, is that I can use it to teleport, or create gates! But I need to have visited that place before, though. And as I thought such-

Maybe I'm able to create a gate to Earth if I figure that out? Worth a try, but I can do that later. I don't have the knowledge anyway, and the information here is very scarce, since nobody really knows how it works.

I'm not really pressed for time, so I can put this in the back burner for now.

I then took the last book, which is about wind magic. And like like spatial magic, I maxed my wind magic. With wind magic, I could use it to hear things, which is used a lot in dungeons it looks like, and even use it to make warm winds.

I should have looked into magic with my mother, since magic is pretty cool. But for offensive use, I think modern weapons is better. Sorry magic, but science has the upper hand there.

I should probably head to the courtyard now and test my magic. I took the books and returned them to their respective shelf, and headed over to where the girls where at.

"I'm going to head over to the courtyard, since it's pretty large and spacious."

"You are going to try out your magic, Lady Sylvia? If so, may I join too?"

"Sure thing, Elerina."

"I'll just bookmark my progress here, and head over once I put this back on my personal shelf."

"Miri too~"

"Nyuu too~"

As Elerina and the 2 Neijin put their books back where they belong, I headed over to the doors that's leading to the halls. I couldn't wait to give magic a try.

On this chapter, I tried my best to flesh out our MC, hence the slice of life styled chapter, plus the perspective from the king, Mobian, which is a minor character in this story.

Chapter 4 actually played out very differently before, but after re-reading what I've wrote, I don't think it would have worked that great.

I will also try to go for 2 chapters per week, on Wednesdays-Thursdays and Saturdays-Sundays.

51