Interlude: Princess Elerina’s Exciting Day
1.5k 7 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the morning came, I got woken up by my personal maid, Miranda. Like always, I reluctantly got out of the bed.

"Good morning, Miranda~"

"Good morning, your highness. Today is a wonderful day, isn't?"

As she started to get me dressed, I still was half asleep. Mornings where never my forte, but not for Miranda. As soon as the sun was up in the horizon, she was already filled with energy. Just where did she obtain such energy from, to be this energetic in the mornings?

Like always, it only took her about a few minutes to get me fully dressed up for today. I then walked to the table near the window, and just as I sat down, Miranda placed down some tea she just made. This tea contains some magical properties, which acts similar to coffee. I always prefer this magical tea over coffee, since this did not have that weird aftertaste.

Mmmmm. Not only is it delicious, but it really wakes me up~

After I was done drinking my tea, which finally woke me up. Just as I was contemplating what I should do today, Lady Sylvia was the first thing that appeared on my mind. As I thought such, I told Miranda that I would be visiting Lady Sylvia's room, which was only 2 rooms away.

~***~

As I walked down the hallway, I reached Lady Sylvia's room. As I was about to knock, I got a little nervous. I didn't know why I was feeling such, but just wanting to meet her made me quite nervous, but at the same time, really happy. I calmed my heart, and then started to knock on the doors.

*Knock Knock Knock*

"Lady Sylvia, it is Elerina R. Greya. May I come in?"

"Yes, come in."

As she said such, I opened up the doors.

"Excuse me, Lady Sy-"

Before I could finish what I was about to say, my heart skipped a beat. What I saw was something that was out of this world, at least for me.

"Lady Sylvia, those clothes looks really good on you. Not only does they make you look regal, but also very beautiful!"

"Thank you, Elerina. These clothes is something my mother made, which makes me happy."

Lady Sylvia said while blushing, which made my heart skip another beat.

I feel funny, not in a bad way, but, in a good way?

As I was thinking such, while looking at Lady Sylvia with awe, she asked where the kitchen was. I snapped out of it, and quickly bowed. I told her I can show where our royal kitchen is, and quickly thanked me, which made me quite happy.

~***~

As we got to the kitchen, Lady Sylvia looked around the room with curiosity, until she noticed the kitchen staff talking in the middle of the kitchen. Once the kitchen staff noticed our presence they bowed down to show their respects, and while they did, Lady Sylvia asked who the head chef was. Looks like she wanted to borrow a part of the kitchen, which the head chef, Gustav, accepted. He even asked out of curiosity what she would be making. Lady Sylvia said it was something called "Swedesh Ragmonk", I'm not sure what that is, but she said it was quite delicious, which piqued my curiosity.

Her maids and I followed her to the kitchen corner that she wanted to borrow, and watched with full of curiosity of what she would be making. She started to summon some metal looking objects, which might be divine tools, since they contain no magic in them. One of them started to emit fire, which startled us. At a closer look, I noticed it was a stove, but instead of using magic crystals to ignite the stove, it was using something else instead, maybe divinity?

I was captivated at how immerse Lady Sylvia was when she was cooking, there where no wasted movements. Is this what they say about "art of cooking"? I have never learned how to cook, but seeing her cook, made me interested in it.

After she was done making a stack of the food she was making, she smiled and put away her metallic objects. But as she picked up the plate, she noticed our gaze. She chuckled, and told us to head to the dining hall and eat some breakfast with her.

"""Really?!"""

All of use said in unison. Looks like we all where eager to taste it. But before we headed to the dining hall, she changed her direction to the chefs and with her gaze I looked at the same direction.

All the chefs was looking with awe, and I can guess they also want to taste it. Lady Sylvia then summoned fourth a stack of the same thing she just made, and a jar filled with "lingonberry", I don't know what that is, but she said it's perfect for the ragomonk she made.

~***~

As we headed to the dining hall, we met with my father, King Mobian R. Greya. He was talking to our head magician, probably about the wyvern incident from yesterday. The head magician may look suspicious, but in truth, he is just a shy quiet person, and also a childhood friend of my father.

As expected, he only bowed to Sylvia while my father greeted her, but she didn't mind at all. Instead she replied to my father's question of the food she made. Lady Sylvia said that the food she made, ragmonk, is from another world called Earth, which she knows a great deal about. What I heard from their conversation, was that Earth has only humans living on it and that it's very advanced civilisation that has no magic, but they don't see non humans as inferior beings, and also have some that see Elf's and Neijin's as something to be worshipped. She also said that her own mother also loves the Neijin race.

"Nyuu is loved by, master's mother~!"

"Miri is happy~!"

The girls got really excited and happy when she said such. I wonder what kind of world Earth is?

~***~

As we got to the dining hall, Lady Sylvia scanned the room for seats and randomly picked the closest one there was. It was a table meant for those of lower status, or lower seats. I would usually frown for making me sit on these seats, since it was a sign of disrespect. But Lady Sylvia did not care of such things, and saw the seats as just that. Her maids quickly sat to her left and I sat to her left. My father sat down at the same table with us, but on the opposite side.

As we all sat down, Lady Sylvia said we should take one ragmonk each. And if we are still hungry we can even take seconds. She also suggested to use some lingonberry jam, but not too much of it. Lady Sylvia and my father started talking about the wyvern incident while I started to eat the food. I didn't really hear much, since all I could think of at that moment was how delicious this ragmonk was by itself. I also tried using the lingonberry jam, and the taste felt like it exploded in my mouth.

I never tasted such delicious food in my entire life! I would love to eat this again~

As I was about to go for seconds, they started talking about the library. But what I didn't expect was Lady Sylvia's response.

"That's good. I'm quite interested about magic, you see. Since magic did not exist 100,000 years ago."

"Magic did not exist in the era of the gods?"

?! ...I thought that magic existed since the beginning, but was our theory wrong?

As I was thinking such, Lady Sylvia said that magic might have come into existence after, or during the catastrophe, and that what we have done with magic also made her very intrigued. She even said that her mother was interested in magic, while she was not, so she had no knowledge regarding magic, or how it works, which is the reason she wants to read our magic books.

~***~

After we had our breakfast, we headed to the library. And once we where there, Lady Sylvia asked me for a history book and magic books. It didn't take me that long to show her where they where, and I even gave her a book that I used when I was a child, a book called "Magic: The Basics". This is an old book, that explains how to use magic, and perform it.

But we never understood how to perform chantless magic, when we tried to chant in our heads, nothing would happen. I picked up some romance novels from my personal bookshelf, and asked Miri and Nyuu if they wanted to read with me. And as to not bother Lady Sylvia, we headed to my private reading area, which wasn't that far away from where Lady Sylvia was reading.

While we where immersed in our reading, Lady Sylvia was done reading the books, and came over here and told us that she was heading to the courtyard, since it's pretty large and spacious. From those words alone I could understand that she wanted to try out magic.

I also asked if I could join her, and when she said yes, I got pretty happy. I told her excitingly that I would bookmark my progress and put it back to my personal shelf. Once I said such, Miri and Nyuu also wanted to bookmark their progress, so I gave them 2 bookmarks that they can use.

After placing our books in the shelf, we headed to the courtyard.

~***~

When we got to the courtyard, I said that I used this place when I am practising my swordsmanship, and magic... As she looked around, she noticed all the burn marks that was from when I was practising my fire magic.

I told her the reason why there where so many burn marks was because I tried to learn fire magic. Instead of succeeding I kept failing, and failing spectacularly. Even my wind magic was the same, and I was ashamed of how weak I was. Just like my father, I had aptitude for fire and wind magic. Having more than 1 aptitude was considered rare.

I explained such when Lady Sylvia was asked me, but when I told her that kept failing even though I had aptitude for both wind and fire, I couldn't help but remember those painful memories.

As I was on verge of releasing the tears, Lady Sylvia gently hugged me.

It's warm...

As I was hugged, she was also stroking my head very gently, which made my heart beat faster.

"It's okay, everyone fails now and then. Even I have failed a few times."

I looked up when she said such, and asked her in shock if she really had failures.

"Yes, I have indeed. Failures are just part of the process."

"Part of the process?"

"Mhm. In order to succeed, you need to experience failures. Otherwise, you will never learn."

As I looked down, I was thinking about what she just said. It's true that I always had failures, while my brother did not. Does that mean I will be able to learn magic, if I try a little harder then?

I-I should give it my best then. And being gently stroked by Lady Sylvia makes me feel... happy.

When I thought such I looked up see Lady Sylvia, my heart skipped another beat again, and I became embarrassed, but really happy that I can be with Lady Sylvia. I put my face against her chest and started hugging Lady Sylvia, full of embarrassment. I don't know what these feelings are, but I have a feeling that they are very precious.

"Fufu~ Remember that I'm here to learn magic."

"!"

I probably made a funny face, while being completely red. I did not know what came of me, but Lady Sylvia was not angry in the slightest, instead she was giggling seeing our reactions. She then quickly patted our heads with a smile before heading over to the areas that where filled with burn marks to test her magic.

When she was doing testing her magic, she casted a fireball that was large as her fist, chantless, and a large explosion was made when it made contact with the wall. She then summoned fourth a cold gently wind, chantless.

I was awestruct at how easy she made it look. I rushed to Lady Sylvia, all excited and told her that was my first time seeing chantless magic.

"Chantless? The books I've read said you just need to visualise it, and so I did."

"Eh?"

"Eh?"

~***~

When I told her that old those of old, from 60,000 years ago could use chantless magic, she asked me a question after thinking deeply for a bit.

"...Elerina, can you create a fireball for me?"

I don't know what she meant by that, but to make sure not to have any high expectations, I said that it would be very weak, and small.

But she instead was all smiles, and said that I simply just need to create one for her. Which I agreed to.

I recited the fireball spell, which took me a bit to recite, the fireball was created, and it was a very small and weak. As I was mulled over it, Lady Sylvia placed a hand on my head and simply said it's all right.

"What do you mean?"

"When you where chanting, I noticed your large, bright red light becoming smaller and smaller, but it stopped when you finished chanting.

What I mean is, the chant is eating away 90% or more, of your actual power, which in return becomes this."

Lady Sylvia said while pointing at my tiny flame.

"Eh?! You mean the reason I'm weak is because of the chants?!"

"You are not weak, Elerina. Instead of using the dumb chants, visualise the flame in your head instead."

"B-But, I can't use chantless magic..."

"What makes you say that, Elerina?"

When I said why I can't use chantless magic, she asked me how i visualised it, which I simply responded with "chanting inside my head", to which Lady Sylvia let out a deep sigh.

"That's not how chantless magic work, Elerina."

"Eh?"

Lady Sylvia then told me how chantless magic worked, word for word. I was told you had to chant in your mind to activate chantless, so everything that I was told about chantless magic was a lie?

~***~

With new vigour, I tried to do just as Lady Sylvia told me, create a flame inside your head, and with your mana, try to materialise it into reality, as I was told. And with just one try, I succeeded.

I was happy, but I still needed to fire off this ball of flame, that was as large as my fist against the wall. I motioned my hand forward, to make my wall my target, and the flame flew straight at it, and an explosion as big as Lady Sylvia's was made.

I couldn't help to hold back my excitement, and ran up to Lady Sylvia and hugged her. In response, she gently stroked my hair

"You did good, Elerina."

"Ehehe~"

I was overjoyed, but the excitement turned into embaresment when my stomach growled.

"Looks like someone is hungry, let's have lunch shall we?"

Lady Sylvia gently patted my head as she walked over to the grassy portion of the courtyard.

~***~

Lady Sylvia summoned fourth a white tent and a wooden table with seats attached to it. I have never seen such design of a table before. Is this also something from the world called Earth?

As I walked up to the table, Lady Sylvia then summoned fourth her cooking objects she used before, and her ingredients she was going to use. As I sat down, she started to prepare her ingredients. It looks like she will be using white bread and cheese, but I'm not sure what she would make out of it.

After a little awhile, she came over of what looked like cooked bread, cut diagonally. It was hard to see what she was doing, but I was very curious the whole time, and it also smelled really good.

"It's ready. It's called grilled cheese sandwich. It's main ingredients are white soft bread, tomatoes and cheese."

I never heard of grilled cheese before, so I asked Lady Sylvia if it was also from Earth. Which Lady Sylvia said it was, and she also said that she learned how to make it, but she never had the time to make it back then.

I wonder what made her so busy that she couldn't make it back then?

I thought as I grabbed a slice. As I bit into it, I noticed how the cheese became very stretchy, and not only that, this type of cheese was even better than the ones sold in the capital. Miri and Nyuu also said their praises out loud.

Lady Sylvia became very happy when we complimented her food. Seeing her happy also made me happy. As I grabbed another slice, I hoped this happiness would continue.

Interlude time!

This entire interlude is seen from Elerina's POV. And about her spelling "raggmunk" with "ragmonk" is intentional, since she doesn't really understand Swedish language or food. This world uses English as it's default language, or (World Language), as the inhabitants call it.

I also did my best to write what Elerina was thinking and how she currently feels. As of this moment, she doesn't understand these new feelings dwelling inside of her.

And about Earth that our MC talks about, is actually another alternate reality that takes place far in the future (hinted in the prologue).

 

The story will soon leave the first arc and enter the second arc. Which is when the story will pick up its pace, and where things will escalate really quickly.

 

That's it from my ramblings,

Stay safe now.

46