Chapter 6: Sylvia going over Summoning & The Capital
1.5k 9 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After eating our lunch, I went over what I could summon. There where so much that could be summoned that I just skimmed trough everything before, but once I took a more closer look, I found things that where greyed out, probably because of my summon level. When I select the greyed out selection, I got a notification that I can summon the desired item on the next level, so I guess the greyed options are what will be available for the next summon level.

After going trough the massive list for a few minutes, I noticed my floating island, Migar, was also greyed out. Noticing this got me excited, since it was piratically my home in the game, not only that, I could also move the floating island, which basically made it a movable home.

But trying to find everything trough this massive list is annoying.

I would love to have a search options, to make my life easier to find the things I need...

As I mulled over the lack of a search option, I went into the vehicle sub option and noticed I had access to air units now. I took a quick look and noticed I had access to plenty of old 21th century models to early 1940's. Too bad I don't have access to the current generation of Aerial Vehicle Unit, or A.V.U. They are basically helicopters and air planes meshed together, but designed for orbital drops too. Basically, they function similar to a spaceship, but without the proper requirements to travel trough space really quickly.

Well, they where designed for orbital drops, after the Mars Uprising back in the year 2150.

As I closed the vehicles tab, I noticed a new tab that wasn't there before, "Subordinates - 0/100".

...Does that mean I can summon NPC's?! Now that's hella cool!

I clicked on the tab without delay and noticed I could summon NPC's with randomised personality, but can also be set manually. I could also set a preferred class, or randomise it. Each class has their own starting weapon it looks like, and the standard equipment can be picked too. The default equipment seems to be 21st century, since I don't have unlocked the rest it looks like. I also noticed a little tip text regarding the personality traits, was that they would always have the trait of "Forever loyal to their master, Sylvia Yung".

Huh, does that mean I don't need to worry about them betraying me then? But I don't need any subordinates as of now, since it's quite peaceful.

I closed down the AR windows and noticed Elerina practising her wind magic trough chantless magic. As I got up, I saw the cat girls taking nap under a tree which wasn't that far away from where the tent was. Instead of removing the table and the tent, I let it simply stay there and headed over to the cat girls. Seeing the girls being completely defenceless while sleeping with pure bliss, I simply smiled and bent down to pet their heads. As they where being petted they slowly woke up and pressed their faces into my hand.

"Mmmm~ Master~"

"Nyehehe~ Miri is being petted~"

Fufu~ They are basically like spoiled house cats.

"Comeon, it's time to wake up"

I said softly while still petting them.

""Aye~""

When we got up, we headed over to where Elerina was. I asked how her training was going, to which Elerina responded with a large smile. I simply smiled, since I could understand it was going very well. I then asked the girls if they want to check around town.

"You want to visit the capital town, Lady Sylvia?"

"Yeah. I haven't really seen how it looks like, since I basically headed to the castle when getting here."

"Miri wants to go too~"

"Nyuu too~"

"I know of a good Café in the town, it's located in the capital square. I usually visit it when going out to protect our borders from monsters."

A cafe huh? I haven't visited one in a very long time, I wonder what kind of food stuffs they sell.

"Then, please lead the way, Elerina."

"Yes! It's a date then!"

She said with the brightest smile I have ever seen her make. I simply made a warm smile while seeing her like this.

She really must like this cafe, if she is this excited.

 

As we where on our way to the capital square, I noticed some kids that where doing some odd jobs here and there. As I asked such, Elerina told me that they where from the orphanage that the capital itself is funding.

"There aren't many that end up in orphanages in this kingdom, since we take care of our familes and friends. But those who do, are those who have lost their familes because of sickness, or monster outbreakes. In other kingdoms, what I've heard, they do not do this, nor do they care about the unfortunate.

Of course, we cannot help everyone, but we do our best to help those we can. It's at least what we can do to help, we can only reach so far."

Elerina said with a ting of sadness. I patted her head to make her feel a bit better. But to think that they would take care of orphanages like this, in the novels I've read, it's the total opposite, like the other kingdoms she talked about.

But seeing this made me notice that the non-humans here do their best to help each other, even if they aren't related by blood. It's refreshing, and a lot better than what I've seen back on Earth on many areas.

We then reached to destination, which was a maid cafe it looks like.

"Neko Paradise? I guess the workers there are mostly of the Nejin race, or dressed up as such?"

"I They called it a cat cafe? The food here is really good though!"

""Food~""

I chuckled when the 2 cat girls only reacted to the word "food". We then headed inside the cafe, which I guess just opened, since there where only a few other customers.

~***~

*DING DING*

As the door opened up, the waitress looked this way and welcomed us with a bright smile.

"Welcome to Neko Paradise! Please take a seat at the available tables."

I noticed that the staff really where of the Nejin race, and they where also dressed up with frilly, but cute, maid uniforms. I thanked the waitress, and picked the table near the windows that had a nice view of the square itself. Once we all sat down, the waitress came over with their menu, and some water, before heading back to the counter.

As I looked over the menu, I noticed they had a lot of drinks, and sweets. I'm not really starving for sweets at the moment, so I skipped that menu portion. As I skimmed down, I noticed they got spaghetti and other kinds of food they sell during lunch time.

When we decided what to order from the menu we where given, I raised my voice.

"We have decided what to order."

As I said such, the waitress headed over to our table and asked what we decided on. I went for something called "Green Leaf Parté", which was spaghetti with sauce, sliced bacon and a green edible leaf on top of it. The other girls went for the same thing it looked like, I thought they were going to go for the sweets.

After waiting for a bit, another waitress came out from which I presume to be the kitchen, and headed this way with our food we ordered.

"4 Green Leaf Parté, as ordered!"

"Thank you! I haven't been eating this in awhile, so I was looking forward to this~"

Elerina said, with a smile. The waitress then headed back to the kitchen area, I looked down at my food and noticed it had a similar smell to napolitan, the sauce could be similar, which is what is emitting the smell.

I picked up my fork and started eating. The taste was similar, but not exactly the same, as napolitan.

It's pretty good.

As I was eating, the waitress who went to the kitchen was now at the counter, I guess they rotate between kitchen and counter? As I looked a bit more closer, I noticed she had a faint blue light. My guess is that these lights are probably the magic elements, or something. Since I noticed Elerina's red light, which was pretty big and bright. She did say she could use wind magic, but not sure what kind of colour wind magic has, since her fire magic, was stronger and brighter. I did notice however the golden-ish light, not sure what that is though.

When I finished my meal, I then asked Elerina if she can see these "mana" lights, like I can.

"Mana lights? What do you mean Lady Sylvia?"

"Basically, I can see what kind of element someone possesses within them. Take that waitress at the counter over there, she has a faint blue light, which I presume to be water magic. You have a bright red one, which is fire. I cannot see the wind magic one, since it's too faint, or maybe the fire magic is hiding it. I'm not really sure."

"Wow. That sounds really amazing! No mortal have that power, where they can see which kind of magic aptitude someone has!

Maybe you can see these lights, because of divinity, Lady Sylvia?"

She could be right, but it could just be a speculation. I really need to figure how this divinity thingy works, or what it even is...

As I was thinking such, I nodded to Elerina's question, and said that she may be right. It's quite hard to know for certain anyway, since magic was not really a thing back when this was a game.

~***~

Elerina paid for the bill, and we then left the cafe. Next time I come to the cafe, I will try out their sweets. It's also the first time I ever bought lunch at a cafe, but it was really good. The grilled cheese didn't really fill me up, but it did give me enough energy for today.

As we reached the fountain in the middle of the square, I said that I want to find a good sightseeing spot in the capital, and do some window shopping. I was wondering what kind of clothes this world had, and what kind of items they would sell at the open market, if they have one.

At first, I thought this world was like those other fantasy novels and games. But when I entered the cafe, it looked similar to some early 21st century cafes I have seen online before. I didn't really think much about it when I was inside the cafe. Maybe because I'm too adapting now.

Well, when you work for a company for almost 2 decades, you just have to learn to adapt to new things really quickly...

As I thought such, Elerina responded to my question after thinking for awhile, regarding window shopping and sightseeing.

"Lady Sylvia, I know of a good sightseeing spot, and on our way there, we will be able to do some window shopping as well."

"Sounds great. Then, without further ado, let's go."

As we walked around, with Elerina as our guide, we visited a few clothing stores, but also doing some window shopping on some other stores. I have never really walked into a clothing store before, since I always ordered my things online, so this was a new experience for me.

When we walked into the store, Elerina said this was the last store we would enter before reaching our sightseeing spot. She also mentioned that this was the largest clothing store in the capital. As I looked around, I noticed that they had a large variations of female clothing. From weird looking to those who expose a lot of skin.

In the game, I always used female clothes that looked cute. I never took those that exposed skin everywhere, that was just too much for me. I remember clearly well when I imagined myself with such clothes, and the end result was me having a nose bleed.

How can people even use those clothes? I would die from embarrassment and my own nose bleeds.

I looked around the store, I found Miri and Nyuu looking at some dresses. They looked pretty cute, and would look really good on Miri and Nyuu. But me and the cat girls had no money on us, so we couldn't even buy it.

As I was looking for Elerina, she was heading into the change room, with a dress she picked out.

For a princess, she really don't act like one. Well, she doesn't really feel like one in the first place. So maybe that's why she can just waltz around town without anyone realising it?

As I was thinking such, Elerina walked out from the changing room. She was wearing a green looking dress, was short sleeved, and it exposed the elbows and her bosom quite a bit. If I had to say, it was kinda lewd, but Elerina was quite happy with the choice.

When Elerina was looking at her choice of clothing, I noticed that it actually looked really good on her. Sure, it was a bit lewd, but that didn't really stop it from making her look beautiful.

"You look quite beautiful in those clothes, Elerina."

"R-Really?"

When I said such, she started blushing. Her ears started to wiggle up and down. After my compliment, she said with a bright smile that she would buy the green dress. She walked into the changing room again, and changed back to her normal clothes, and headed to the cashier.

Once she paid for her dress, she asked me if I wanted to buy some clothing. To which I declined. I mean, I didn't want her to pay for everything, that wouldn't fit right with me in the slightest. And I could also summon clothing. It's a shame I couldn't materialise them in front of me.

Then it hit me, since I levelled up my summoning, maybe I am able to summon and materialise clothing in front of me now? I mean, if you level up something, it is bound to unlock new features, that much is common sense when it comes to levelling systems, and video games.

Well, this isn't a video game anymore, but reality. A reality with video games logic.

We then left the clothing store and where now on our way to the sightseeing spot. We walked up some stairs, before reaching our destination. It was a massive park, overlooking the capital itself.

The scenery looked really beautiful. It reminds me of how Earth looked like in the past, and some places on Mars, when it became habitable. It was interesting how they managed to terraform a dead planet into one that was filled with life, as if it was all a lie. Reading all of that in high school was very interesting.

While I was overlooking the capital, I told Elerina I had fun walking around. From the cafe, to clothing stores, to this. It may sound boring for others, but for me, it was a new experience. I never did these kind of things before, and I doubt I would have had the courage to walk inside clothing stores back on Earth.

I always liked cute things, but since I was a male, I kept all of it to myself. Well, Maria did find me out later on, but after she found out, she started to show me all these cute stuffed animals from these arcade ufo catcher machines she found.

I, of course, made sure to put all those cute fluffy stuffed animals into the game. I placed them all in my room in Migar. I wonder if they will also materialise when I summon Migar again.

"I had fun too, Lady Sylvia. Even though we just walked around and did nothing special. It was still fun, since I had you as company."

Said Elerina, while looking at the capital square. When you see it from our position, you can clearly see that the capital square is massive. And if you simply looked to the right, you would see the castle, which was also massive.

This is something you will never see on Earth, and castles on Earth was never these massive either. I mean, the capital square alone is as large as Edinburgh Castle. And if you use that as a measurement as Earth's biggest castle, you would need at least 10 of those to fit Greya Kingdom's own castle. and that's just the width.

How many years did it take for them to build all of this? Sure, Migar is about as large as Greya Kindom's capital and it's castle combined. I built it within the game, so I used a lot of copy n' paste functionality. It was fun building it, but that was when it was a game. I doubt they could use the "Creative Mode" to have infinite of supply of materials, and of course the copy paste feature.

"U-Um... Lady Sylvia. It may sound a bit selfish of me, but... May I ask for a lap pillow?"

As I was deep in thought, Elerina tugged my right sleeve on my yukata and asked for a lap pillow with puppy eyes. She got very embarrassed when she asked me for one, her whole face and ears where all red.

I chuckled and gently patted her head.

"Then let's head to the shade over there then. I'll bring out the picnic sheet from yesterday."

As we headed to the shade, I materialised the picnic sheet and we sat down. She then laid her head against my lap while her ears where still twitching.

She can be quite bold, huh? I never really expected that from her, but she was quite embarrassed. But, giving her a lap pillow while stroking her hair is oddly satisfying and calming.

While I was stroking her hair, I noticed, or to be more precise, felt something. So I looked down and tried to concentrate at this weird feeling.

Hrm, It looks like if I concentrate enough, I will be able to see 3 lights inside of Elerina. A large red one, a medium sized green, and a small golden-ish looking light. Red is fire, green is wind, I guess. But I wonder what this golden looking light is. Oh well, It's not like I can figure it out for now anyway. I should first get to the bottom of the chantless magic mess.

After a little while, I told Elerina that I would like to get know how the knowledge of chantless magic became what it is today. To which Elerina replied with that the head magician in the royal castle may know something.

~***~

After our little sightseeing trip, we then headed back to the royal castle. This time to find the head magician. Elerina said he may be in the study room, which is actually not that far away from the library.

It did not take long to reach head magicians study room. Since we where close to the library, the cat girls asked if they could continue reading from earlier today.

They probably won't understand what we are going to talk about anyway, and they have no aptitude for magic anyway. So I guess it's fine.

I told them to wait in the library until my talk is over, and that we are also nearing dinner time. As the cat girls walked to the library, I was thinking that they didn't really talk much, and was mostly quiet the whole day. And you keep forgetting about their presence.

Maybe I should train them to become my personal ninja maids~ Once I'm able to materialise clothes in front of me, I will materialise some cool ninja clothes. They would look really badass in those clothing, but also really cute~

As I was thinking of such things, Elerina started knocking on the door leading to the study room.

"Y-Yes? What is it?"

"Princess Elerina R. Greya and Goddess Sylvia have come to have a talk with the head magician, Storvik."

"Ah! Y-Yes! You may e-e-enter!"

This is the first time I've heard Elerina talk like a royalty, like when her father talked to me at the start. But when it comes to me, she looks more like a girl in lov- ..!

It just hit me right then and there. I know I am dense, but I never knew it was this bad. That explains why she got really happy when I said and did those things. It looks like she herself haven't realised her feelings. So I guess we are equally dense when it comes to love related things?

To think she would see me as a love interest. Shouldn't she marry someone of nobility or royalty of another kingdom, to deepen the relationships?

But as I was thinking such, I felt a slight pain in my chest. I didn't know why, but the very thought of Elerina being with someone else made my heart ache.

But before I could dwell on it any further, Elerina opened up the door. I put those feelings at the back of my mind, and decided to deal with the current problems that's in front of me instead.

When I walked in I noticed the head magician nervelessly holding up a sheet of papers in front of his face. When I looked him over, I remembered seeing him this morning, he was talking with Mobian, Elerina's father. To think he was the head magician, and by the looks of things, he's quite a shy person.

"W-W-Welcome to my st-t-tudy, goddess S-S-Sylvia."

He stuttering pretty badly. Am I that scary? Or does he have dysphemia?

"Ahem. Thanks for the welcome, Storvik. Let me get straight to the point, it's about the chantless magic. I noticed that when Elerina was chanting magic, it was eating away 90% of all of her mana. And when we talked about chantless magic, she thought that she had to chant in her head, which is wrong, and also counter productive.

When I teached her how to use chantless, her magic was working fine and dandy, and did not eat away like with chanting. Which idiot thought came up with the idea of telling people to chant in their head to use chantless?"

Storvik's eyes bulged with my rapid fire talking, and went into deep thought, slowly going over what I just said, and slowly spoke.

"About the c-chanting, for d-d-demi-humans, it will a-always eat a-away 90%. I-I don't know why, b-but for normal humans, it's about 30-50%. T-The reason I know this much is because I am an h-half elf. S-So for me it's just 60-70%, since it varies to certain sp-p-pells."

"Varies to certain spells? And why would it only eat less for humans?"

"I d-don't know. What I think i-is that it's by design. S-S-Someone designed the spells t-this way, I have not found the reason w-why though."

It does makes sense that way, but why though? Why would they deliberately make spells eat up to 90% of mana consumption for non humans?

"B-But! I just recently f-f-found out that. If you have the skill mana ma-manipulation, it won't be a-able to drain any of your mana."

"My father can use spells just fine with chants, so you mean he has this mana manipulation skill?"

"Y-Yes, your fa-father have the required skill to p-p-prevent the mana consumption."

"That may explain why he never had any problems then. But, at least we know why now. Not that I will need to chant anymore."

Elerina said while taking a peek at my direction while smiling.

"Ah, goddess S-Sylvia did mention that she ta-taught you how to use chantless. A-About that, I-I don't have the sl-slightest clue as of why. I-I tried my best looking into it while vi-visiting the awful Terran Empire. I'm g-g-glad that my outwards ap-p-pearance is that of a normal human.

So I c-could easily enter the kingdom without p-p-problems. But sadly I did not find anything useful. B-But, I always found it odd when they teached h-how chantless worked back then. It just did not a-add up."

"So in short, you are basically saying that someone spread false information to kill chantless magic?"

"Yes, that e-e-exactly right. I-I'm not sure the reason behind it though. I'm sorry, that's a-all I know goddess Sylvia."

"No, the information is good enough. At least I know the reason behind it now... That's all I wanted to know, so I will now head back to the library, thank you for your time, Storvik."

When I just reached the door knob, Storvik asked me, while stuttering, if I could teach him chantless magic the day after, to which I agreed too.

~***~

[A few months later]

Sylvia teached Storvik how chantless magic worked the day after they talked, and got pretty close. After that, he did his best to visualise and understand how chantless magic really worked, to figure out what you can, and cannot do. What he found out was that you could not use chantless magic to materialise things that your mana capacity could not handle and much more.

And with Elerina's help, they quickly wrote a book of how chantless magic really worked, its limitations and what you can do with it. They told Sylvia they would try to release the book next week, since they would require to make a lot of copies. They even gave one to Sylvia, to which she put in her inventory for safe keeping.

But that was not all that Sylvia was doing, she even teached her 2 cat maids Miri and Nyuu close combat. They absorbed everything like gluttons, and used the knowledge Sylvia told and showed them. Most of the moves she taught them where from ninja movies, and her own experience when she played the game.

Within weeks, they got the hang of it, and in 1 month, they really started to move around like a ninja. Sylvia also got an AR notification that she learned something called "Ninjutsu", and when she checked Miri and Nyuu statuses, she noticed they too had learned them. Sylvia skill was only at level 3, while Miri and Nyuu had it maxed out.

 

[At the same time, at Greya Kingdom's border]

 

"The first, second, third and fourth platoons, has now started to march across the border. It won't be long now until they will purify the kingdom from its illness."

"Good. I can't wait for the great news. A shame I can't go and take part of it. Well, we got the easy job by staying here at the border."

"That's true. But the council did tell us they didn't want to lose us if the toys, go out of control."

"True, but we can easily dispose of them if need be. They are just freaks anyway."

"Heh, you said it."

The commander and vice commander of the Terran Empire's military then laughed like madmen, certain of their victory.

 

[End of Arc 1 | Greya Kingdom]

The end of the first Arc!

The second arc will be more actiony, and where the story will pickup its pace, with our lovely angry annoying antagonists.

This is the only chapter this week, and there will be none next week. Reason being that I have a lot of work to do at my contracted job. I work as a contracted programmer for a game called Contagion. I'm currently working on a major update, which is taking it's time.

I will of course write on my breaks, but I cannot sadly spend a few hours writing like I usually do. 1 chapter usually takes about 5-6 hours of writing, and then 1-2 hours of proof reading, and adjusting, which I mostly do the very next day. But sometimes I usually don't write for the whole day, because of other real life problems (Thanks to covid-19).

Anyway, that's it for my rambling.

Stay safe~

51