Ch 74 The First Game ( part 6 )
256 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There are a few more branching pathways with the same white cat icon marking the correct path.

This is just too easy… it can’t be a trap right?

Upon reaching the 5th white cat icon, it took me to an actual puzzle room. There is a big picture on the ground. It is all jumbled up in 5x5 square tiles. There is 1 empty tile in the center, it’s a slider puzzle.

It’s a picture of Kitten…

Some people are gifted to solve slider puzzles in the fewest moves possible. However, I’m too much of an idiot… so I will have to solve this slider puzzle with brute force. It shouldn’t be too hard.

Just before I move the first tile, I notice that it is arranged peculiarly.

Huh if I move that tile over there, then that tile… It all came together in my mind. Did Lumi intentionally make this puzzle slider game that easy?

All I have to do is move that 1 tile down and the rest of the tile pieces will fall into the right places with 1 move.

Too easy.

I quickly slide the tiles to solve the puzzle. The full image of Kitten came into view. Lumi’s love for Kitten knows no bounds. I’m surprised that the administrators allow Lumi to control the purgatory games this much.

  • 1st Puzzle Complete!
  • Please proceed to the next area.

A passage opens up on the wall allowing me entry.

Upon entering the next room, the passageway behind me closes.

There are 8 baskets lined up against the wall. Each basket has a portrait of everyone playing in today’s purgatory event. Also, 8 dolls resemble Kitten on the stone table.

Why do all the puzzle games have Kitten as the main theme? Is it just my puzzles or is everyone receiving the same Kitten theme as well?

Upon reading the instructions on the walls.

  • Please put the Kitten dolls in the correct basket.

I am about to use my brain but realized I should use Kitten Logic. She would put all 8 dolls in her master’s basket!

Putting all the 8 Kitten dolls into my basket.

  • Wrong!

Maybe all 8 Kitten dolls in Kitten’s basket?

  • Wrong!

Don’t fucking tell me… it’s all 8 Kitten dolls in Lumi’s basket…

  • Correct!
  • 2nd Puzzle complete!
  • Please proceed to the next area.

The doorways open up! I quickly make my way in. Once again, the door closes behind me.

In the next room, there appear to be 2 keys and 4 key-holes. The 2 keys on the stone table have a Kitten-theme key-chain on them in different poses. One of them is rolling on her back, the other is her eating food.

There is also a wall-hole on the left and right side of the room, small enough to put your hand through. Reading the puzzle instructions.

  • Please insert 4 keys in the correct configuration.

Hmmm, where are the other keys? Looking around the room, there is nothing else here. Looking through holes on the sides of the room, I see another 2 different puzzle games that I do not understand.

Are Bubuga and Sarya supposed to be doing those puzzles to hand me the keys? So this is where the team element comes into play. Also, it probably forces the entire team to wait for their slowest member.

Yet I do not see the girls here yet. Am I solving my puzzles too fast? Mine are laughably easy…. I guess I have to wait for them.

I’m feeling quite proud of myself for being the first one here. My harem members are going to feel like they are letting me down once they realized I’m already here. I will have to do my best to comfort them afterward. They have been loving me deeply despite my lack of stats, skills, and money. It could be I’m a ‘Creator’ too… but I choose to believe that they truly do love me. I will also truly cherish and love my harem members.

Kitten must be enjoying herself watching us complete the 3v3 maze puzzle challenge. It’s funny how I named her ‘Useless Kitten’ when we first met and how she named me ‘Never’. I have been calling her Kitten this entire time but eventually she will grow up to become a cat. Calling a cat ‘Kitten’ doesn’t feel right. Perhaps it's time for us to have a name-change.

Yes... I must properly love my pet cat as well! We will become formidable! The Creator and his pet Creator will force the purgatory universe to bow down to our supreme power! I’m getting a little ahead of myself here...

Good thing this is all in my head otherwise I would feel a little bit embarrassed if I said everything out loud with Kitten hearing me. But if push comes to shove, I will be manly enough to say it to her if I have to!

*** Useless Kitten

Watching all my team members completing all the puzzles is quite fun. Master and Lumi are the only people that have all Kitten-theme puzzles while everyone else has normal-looking puzzles. I can even spectate Lumi’s team! Lumi, Neige, and Titan are playing in this event.

While I do understand the puzzles that my team is doing… Lumi’s team puzzles are too complex for me to understand.

The fastest puzzle solver is Lumi and the 2nd fastest is Master! When did Master become so smart?

That means Karma should also be spectating but I guess he’s in a different private room? I don’t think I’m supposed to be able to spectate Lumi’s team but she will rig everything for me!

Hehehehe Master! I can read all your thoughts! Lumi gave me the best item ever! I’m going to hide this secret for as long as possible! I will even let Bubuga and Sarya on it as well!

I can’t wait for my new name! I can finally give my Master a proper name too!

I’m not supposed to have this ‘item’ but Lumi has been using some heavy-handed tactics with the administrators lately. She has been doing everything for me. Even if Lumi can give me more love than master… I will never forget that my Master is the first person to love me.

Of course, I love my mother too! It would be amazing if I would be able to see her again. I hope she is living a good life in a proper home instead of the streets. I never had any siblings, I was the only one that mother gave birth too. My father is unknown and probably another street cat?
Will I be able to meet him too one day?

Will the cats that died on earth be able to become a Creator in the purgatory universe and control their own purgatory too?

*** Never

Bubuga finally arrives in the right puzzle room. At the same time, Sarya finally arrives in the left puzzle room.

“Darling!” shouts Bubuga.
“Husband!” shouts Sarya.

“ Sorry for being late” laments Bubuga.
“ I’m not useless am I?” weeps Sarya.

“ Don’t worry about anything, I’m very proud of you girls!”

Hugs and kisses can wait for after the event. Right now the girls are quickly solving their puzzles so we can advance as a team.

6 minutes later. Sarya has solved her puzzle! She hands me her kitten-key.

2 minutes later. Bubuga has solved her puzzle! She hands me the last kitten-key.

Upon inserting the 4 kitten-keys in the correct configuration. The keys and keyholes themselves are color-coded so it is extremely easy. I’m enjoying the puzzle rigging.

  • 3rd Puzzle complete!
  • Please proceed to the next area.

Entryways for our rooms open and we run onwards.

Another labyrinth to navigate once more. At the first intersection, there is the usual white-cat icon that has been guiding me through the maze. But this time there is a blue-cat icon signaling another path.

It’s probably safer to take the white-cat path first.

In this next puzzle room, there are over 200 kitten toys here. I recognized some of the toys here since I bought $15,000 worth of toys for Kitten before. Some of these toys are outrageously expensive. Are these the toys on Kitten’s wishlist?

There is a small hole on 1 side of the room, it’s big enough to put the toys through.

Huh? Is this where I transfer the toys to the other room for my team member to solve the puzzle?

A few minutes later, Sarya arrives in the next room.

“ Please put Kitten’s top 10 toys on this table,” says Sarya. “ Every correct item will light 1 of the 10 lights green while the wrong ones will be red.”

Shit I only know like maybe 4 or 5 toys that Kitten loves the most!

“ Husband! I know her top 10!”

“ Nice!”

My lifesaver!

Sarya is unable to see what kind of toys are but being on the same wavelength with Sarya, I know what she is talking about.

I pass over a laser pointer, a mouse, some yarn balls, and a mini whack-a-mole arcade game. All of Sarya’s toy picks are correct! We soon reach the 9th correct item!

Now for the final last item!

“ Please pass me the snake toy,” asks Sarya. “ Kitten loves smacking it around with her cute little paws as the snake tries to slither away from her.”

The last light turns red indicating an incorrect choice.

“ No way…” says Sarya.

A few seconds of silence as we think of what her 10th favorite toy item is. My mind is completely blank out of ideas and Sarya is the same.

Using the power of Kitten Logic, my brain goes into overdrive to figure out the 10th item. Technically I can transfer all the Kitten toys over to Sarya, but it would take time for us to brute force this puzzle. There are just too many toys to test out.

I know! It’s the belly-rub simulator toy! Kitten has never used that toy before but belly rubs are something she loves!

Passing over the belly-rub simulator toy to Sarya.

“ The toy didn’t work.”

“ That was dumb of me.”

“ Not at all! We can solve this together,” beams Sarya. “ Perhaps it’s a doll of her Master? Since she loves you the most?”

“ That could be it!”

Running over to the stuffed animal sections, I find a doll that resembles me and a doll that resembles Lumi.

No way… it’s Lumi, isn’t it….

“ Hey that is a Lumi doll?” wonders Sarya.

“ Just try that one first, it’s probably the correct toy.”

“ Wow! It’s actually the correct toy! A passageway is opening up for me, see you soon my husband.”

I knew it… this puzzle layout… It's meant for Kitten. Lumi probably thought Kitten was going to play in this maze puzzle game so she rigged all the puzzles for Kitten and to further indoctrinate her. Everything is so easy and it’s something that Kitten would know the answers to. Too bad I’m the one playing in her place.

You ain’t going to indoctrinate Kitten, Lumi!

However, there is no passageway opening up for me. Maybe I have to go back and take the blue-cat icon path?

Venturing down the other path, I made it to the next puzzle room. This is a photo gallery room with hundreds of pictures of Lumi and Kitten only.

Just like the other room, this room has a hole on the side as well, just big enough to transfer over a picture frame. Bubuga is on the other side.

“ Darling! You’re here! I have to put up Kitten’s top 10 memories with Lumi on each of the stands here. It’s a weird puzzle but I believe I know 7 of them for sure.”

“ Awesome!”

I quickly pass over 7 pictures to Bubuga that are correct. The last 3 pictures are something I and Bubuga have no clue on. Even with my Kitten logic power, it could be any of these remaining pictures.

Bubuga is unable to look at all these pictures so it’s up to me to solve this puzzle.

“ I’m going to choose the 3 picture that Kitten is the happiest in.”

I have been with Kitten for 70 days now and Kitten was 2 weeks old when she became my pet. As her master, surely I know exactly which of the 3 memories she would cherish the most!

Finding 3 more pictures of Kitten’s greatest happiness and handing them off to Bubuga. I await the good news for when the puzzle is complete!

“ Um, those 3 pictures are wrong.”

“................”

“ Don’t worry darling! You can do it! Maybe try finding the 3 pictures where Kitten looks the saddest?”

“ Hmm that’s strange but okay!”

Finding the 3 pictures that have Kitten’s saddest memories with Lumi.

Why would anyone have sadness in their top 10 memories? I guess I don’t truly understand Kitten as much as I would like. Do I even truly understand Bubuga and Sarya? Looks like I will have lots more work to do to truly love Kitten and my harem members.

Handing the 3 saddest pictures to Bubuga. She momentarily touches my hand to stop me from shaking. For some reason, Kitten’s sadness seeps into my heart.

“ The 3 pictures… are correct. The passageway is opening for me. I will see you further into the puzzle maze. Let’s meet up soon!”

“ See you soon!”

There is no passageway opening up for me. I supposed I must head back to the intersection where the white-cat and blue-cat icon paths start.

Reaching that same intersection again, a new gold-cat icon is there signaling the 3rd path. Making my way through the labyrinth again with the gold-cat icons as my guide. Another puzzle room is at the end of this golden path.

Taking 1 step into the puzzle room, Lumi is there too?

♥ Kitten my love! Wait, you're not Kitten! Where is she? She is supposed to be playing the puzzle maze I laid out for her.♥

“ Kitten wanted me to play this game. I see that is why it’s so easy and convenient. It’s also made in a way to further indoctrinate Kitten and force her team members to acknowledge her help.”

♥ This can’t be! After all my hard work of making this puzzle maze! Kitten please know that this is not indoctrination, it’s my love for you!♥

“ Yeah right.”

♥ Well since it comes down to this, I guess we will have to work together now. ♥

“ But you’re on the opposing team?”

♥ I am but it’s designed for me and Kitten to meet up with each other to complete the puzzle maze at the end together. ♥

“ Oh okay…. Then how will the game reward be decided?”

♥ You’ll find out afterward. Let’s walk together and solve these puzzles!♥

5