Chapter 1 – The beginning
2.8k 20 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Slow drifting clouds sailed through the blue sky. The morning sun peeked through the soft clouds as the rays drew lines through the damp morning air. The morning dew covered the majestic canopy like a soft blanket, while the soothing sounds of running water gave contrast to the sound of dancing leaves...

In the middle of the clearing a small bundle slowly stirred awake as the harsh sun teased her. A soft mumble escaped her lips as she moved her delicate palms in an attempt to cover up her eyes...

As thoughts slowly took form in my otherwise empty mind. And the faint pleasant feeling spreading throughout my body, from the very core towards my toes and fingers. Slowly awakening every cell throughout my body. The softness of grass. The chill of the wind. The sound of millions of leaves. Everything around me started to come together as my senses slowly adjusted to reality. As the sun struck a fierce stance I slowly moved my arms in order to protect my still weak eyes. 

Moments passed as I slowly stirred my eyelids awake. Even through the palm of my hand, the figure of the sun could still be seen. As my sight slowly adjusted I rolled onto my side as I stretched out my arms and legs. 

After enjoying the soft blanket underneath me I slowly turned my sight towards the faint sound of water. Slowly supporting my body with my hands I slowly straightened myself into an upright sitting position.

A few meters away from me a small creek cut through the otherwise empty clearing. With tall majestic trees forming a natural circle surrounding the small clearing. Underneath the trees, dense vegetation completely blocked up any chance of looking further. Vines and thorn filled plants almost crawling up the sides of the trees reaching well over a meter tall.

Taking a few moments to work out how to use my muscles I finally stood on my own two feet for the first time. As I slowly made my way towards the small creek. When nearing the edge I slowly moved down on my knees. Gazing down I saw my own reflection for the first time.

A white haired girl looked back at me. With eyes like white snow filled with the curiosity of a newborn child meeting their of own reflection for the first time. Studying my own expressions. I felt very satisfied. I was cute and delicate. With a somewhat serious looking face when I feel into contemplation. After a few more minutes I pulled myself away. Raising my head I took a closer look at my surroundings.

I saw nothing noteworthy except the small creek. The wall like undergrowth only looked a bit more traversal where the creek entered and left the clearing. As I sat there and studied my surroundings, my senses slowly picked up something interesting. As my eyes and nose worked together to locate the source I slowly began to feel an unfamiliar, but familiar feeling... Hunger.

 

 

41