Chapter 51 – Hostage negotiations
646 1 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing their expressions I felt more confident. I picked the right prey! This head was their friend! That must be the reason it told on me...

As we found ourselves in a comfortable stalemate. Another beast suddenly made its appearance. This one looked quite old. So it must be their father. I guess he's as powerful as Father deity then... Suddenly growing more cautious I stepped back a bit as I raised the head even more. If he dared to make a move...

Before I managed to finish my thought the old beast suddenly spoke.

"Wait." it said while looking intently at me.

It whispered something to his children as they suddenly grew cautious. They took a few steps back and left me and the old beast alone. Behind it another young beast came out and peeked into the room. This one had long hair like me and looked nothing like the old beast... Maybe this one was like Mother deity... Their mother? I grew increasingly confused as I tried to figure out the social relations in this pack.

"You understand me right?" the old beast said something again while looking at me.

Thinking for a moment I slightly nodded and waited for the old one to make the next move. I did not want to stay passive here. But I had no clue about what I needed to be doing right now!

The old beast looked at the head in my hands for a moment before returning his gaze on me.

I felt more confident as I saw his confused expression. I must have stunned him with my brilliant move. No way these beasts had the foresight to see me actually capture one of their own and use it against them...

"I-I want to leave your nest!" I tried to keep up my imposing manner. But something about me made the beasts look weirdly at me... Confused I could only state my demands clearly.

The young beast with long hair slowly entered the room after a few whispers from the old beast.

I grew increasingly alarmed. I knew what mother deity were capable off. I did not want to fall into this ones hands!

"Hello there. Are you lost? Do you want sister to help you?" ... I could understand its words but I still failed to comprehend the meaning!?

"You're with that wolf right? You want to go back?" it suddenly started explaining in a soft and slow voice.

The old beast looked at the long haired one with an knowing expression. I felt like I were the only one not understanding the situation at all!

"..... I'll take this one with me. I'll give it back when I'm outside and safe..." I slowly said. I had to make sure they understood my intentions. I had a feeling that they were scheming something. But my keen senses kept me on my toes.

The young and old one looked at each other and nodded.

As I thought. These two were the father and mother in the pack. None of the children made noise and simply began to climb the branches and left.

After making sure all the children had left. I looked at the two remaining ones and waited for them to leave as well.

Apparently sensing my intentions they both started slowly walking backwards towards the branches. I kept my eyes on them and kept my guard up. When I took my first few steps I suddenly saw the world spinning as I slammed headfirst into the floor.

These useless stacks of wood! This was the second time I've been shamed by them. Luckily I managed to keep the head safe in my hands. If I lost this one they might not be so cooperative after all! Hehe. I felt especially good about my tactics at this point.

Quickly getting back on my feet I looked at the two beasts again. The long haired one kept her hand on her mouth. Clenching my teeth I swallowed the feeling of shame as I moved slowly behind them. I made sure to keep the head as high as possible to show my dominance. If they dared to make any sudden moves I would make good of my threat!

 

 

27