Chapter 52 – A tree that flies is an airship
648 0 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As we made our way towards out towards the hollow part of the tree I suddenly found myself embraced by the sun once more.

Ontop of the flying tree there were a bunch of beasts. The old one and the long haired one both stood at the front and looked puzzled at me. In the daylight I could clearly see their expressions. The look on their faces somehow annoyed me as I unconciously glanced down at my plantfur. Nothing wrong... Looking back up at them again I couldn't help myself as I asked...

"What?...."

The long haired one looked me up and down. She suddenly turned around and gave a stern look towards the other beasts.

"What are you all standing here look at? You are all useless! If she can board the airship without any problems then what do we pay you guys to do? Eat and drink all day?" her words were pointed at the beasts still standing in a daze. But somehow I felt annoyed at the way she said that. It somehow sounded like she downplayed my great achivements...

After she scolded them they all started climbing down the vines. Looking at them leave I felt more comfortable. The situation slowly turned in my favor... Now it was only two versus one. My chances slowly increased with each passing moment. Hehe.

After a short moment of silence between us.

"Young one." the old beast suddenly started speaking to me again. Somewhat interested I turned my gaze away from the leaving beasts and looked straight at him.

I turned my head slightly and looked puzzlingly at him.

Seeing that he had my attention he contiued "Where do you live?"

I naturally knew that other beasts were not allowed in Father deity's territory.

"Secret." I simply said as I looked at him. He nodded slightly and silence spread across the flying tree again.

I somehow felt uncomfortable under his studying gaze as I slightly shuffled around.

"What were you doing here on the ship?" the long haired one asked me slowly as she looked straight at me. I understood most of her words...

"I wanted to see the flying tree" I said simply in response.

"Flying tree?" she asked with a puzzled expression as she looked around. Suddenly she smiled and continued.

"This is not a flying tree. It's a ship" she stated like it was obvious.

Looking around at the obviously weirdly shaped tree I felt puzzled. The beasts called this a ship? So it's a flying ship?

"Flying ship?" I asked back in response. Slighly looking around curiously I tried to make sense of what exactly made this a 'ship'

The long haired one giggled slightly as she pointed at the large branches sticking up from the tree.

"These are masts. They gather mana from the air. So we can fly. It's called an airship"

Nodding in understanding I looked at the 'masts'... So it's not branches but 'masts' instead.

Finally having someone to talk with somehow made me lessen my guard as I slowly relaxed my arms and held the head infront of my chest.

The long haired one was apparently amused by me and started giggling even louder...

26