Chapter 56 – Agreement
636 0 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I can allow you to satisfy your curiosity as long as you satisfy mine. I've never seen a... talking beast before. I don't even know if you are a beast... I just know that you're not human." he slowly stated his thoughts. I understood his reasoning. I've never seen beasts like them as well. I thought I could just rummage through their things and learn a few things. But if I agree to this I might be able to learn much more... I looked at his face trying to tell if he were truthful. But I had previously failed to read these beasts. I somewhat lost my confidence in guessing their thoughts...

"..... What if I refuse?" I asked slowly. I refuse to be kept here. Father deity would surely find out about my blunder and punish me severely if I failed to return! And this old beast said himself that he did not want any trouble... and if he tried to force me to stay... I would show him how troublesome I could be!

The hand that stroked his chin hair stopped as I asked my question. I gazed deeply into his eyes as I prepared myself.

He suddenly laughed loudly as his hand resumed its previous action. After his outburst he said "Nothing will happen. I'll keep throwing you out of our base. As long as we do not hurt you physically... But my generous offer only stands as long as I'm here on this assignment. When I finish my duty here I'll return here myself and we'll see if you can escape by that time" he explained himself with a light tone. But I could clearly feel the threat behind his words.

Before I managed to respond to his obvious threat he continued.

"I'm not going to force you into something you don't like as long as you agree" he smiled as he pressured me further.

Actually... It would be impossible to learn about these beasts without also revealing things about myself. Even know I'm still being evaluated by this old beast in front of me. If I could learn about them directly why would I refuse? It's much better than rummaging through their stuff and guessing every step of the way.  Just looking at the airship under me. I would never get to understand how this thing works if I refuse...

I took a brief glance as Senna by the side. She looked absolutely stunned at the old beast as he bullied me further and further...

 

I nodded slightly as my response. I wanted to know more about the world around me. And these beasts were advanced enough to build something like the airship. My curiosity would never allow me to say no to a chance like this...

He then looked towards Senna and said "Senna. Get her some normal clothes before you two get down... You'll be responsible for her safety as long as she's in the base. Keep an eye on her."

Senna nodded with a smile plastered across her face. After getting Senna's confirmation he turned around and left the airship and walked towards the beasts carrying around those weird objects. As I watched him leave I clearly felt Senna's intense stare. Turning around I looked directly at her.

"Don't attack me again or I'll go tell on you." I said with a serious expression. I still remember her ruthless attacks and fast movements. If she wanted to have a go at me again I would hardly be able to react in time! I had to use the old beast as my shield for now...

After hearing my words she stopped abruptly with an awkward expression. After a short pause she smiled as she shook her head "Sorry. I acted too impulsive and scared you. Please give me a second chance? Okay?" She had gone down to my eye level and honestly apologized. Her words and her expression felt sincere so I accepted and nodded in understanding. The old beast said himself that Senna would be the one to protect me in their nest. So it would be stupid to not give her another chance.

"Thanks... Then follow me inside so we can get some clothes for you. You can't go around like that anymore..." she said as she looked me up and down with amused eyes. She continued after studying my appearance "... Who made you wear this?"

 

24